The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why is my magic Necro so weak??

Sleeping_OwI
Sleeping_OwI
✭✭✭
I recently made a magic Necro, maxed out every important skill line except for a few levels in mages guild & undaunted. This magcro has the exact same stats as my Magic templar: same sets (Mother's Sorrow + False God), 3200 spell power, 72% crit chance with thief and 2 crit pieces, 7200 penetration, 31k mag with mag food, 1650 buffed mag recovery... only difference being Deadly aim cp instead of Biting Aura.

Now the strange thing is, for some reason, my Magcro hits like a fkn wet noodle. My Magplar has a solid 65k-68k dps, whereas I can barely reach 50k with the Magcro! I know my rotation isn't great yet and can definitely improve, but even the damage numbers are just so low! Despite having seemingly identical stats, my Magcro's unbuffed light attacks do nearly 1000 less damage on enemies than my Magplar's unbuffed light attacks!

Another big issue is sustain. With the mage or guardian active, I have 1660 mag recovery, yet my mag pool is always almost empty after just a few rotations, even at the trial dummy which gives sustain bonuses and resources! Whereas I have no sustain issues at all with my Magplar which has the same 1650 mag recovery.

Every week I set great scores in vet Vateshran with my Magplar and StamDK and I was excited to use the Magcro there, but I was utterly surprised and disappointed. Instead of melting down enemies like I always do, my damage is so low that the Pale Order ring can't even keep me alive!! I literally keep dying in bossfights cuz of my low damage and thus Pale Order's low heals.

Anyone know what is causing this? What am I doing wrong, what am I missing??
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's hard to tell without seeing the rotation in action honestly. Post a parse if you have one.