The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invulnerability during Break Free?

GRXRG
GRXRG
✭✭✭✭
This is something that always slipped into my eyes, but lot of times It feels right after a player Break Free they have a 1 second window of Invulnerabilty.

Mind that I PvP for over 3-4 years already, and I am not new to PvP.

But for example last night in imperial city I happened to be with other 3 alliance mates, suddendly a nightblade appeared trying to take down one of us.

One magdk in our group dropped Fossilize on him, he did break free animation and he received literally 2 Leaps from that magdk and another stamdk, a Dawnbreaker from me and Meteor precasted before the fossilize from the 4th guy, they both landed at the same exact time, we were all fully buffed, with continuous because just grabbed a flag, with all solid builds that push over 7k wd and 15k pen easily.

The health bar of this nightblade didn't move at all during that little break free window, all the damage was undodgeable as well and I doubt he blocked it during the Break Free animation.

Talked to this nightblade after the fight ended a bit later with a shade/stealth gamaplay from him and he was just running Stuhn's/Clever Balorgh full well-fitted, so yeah anything tanky.

This happens really a lot of times and I wonder if it's a bug, a feature or maybe our damage were all desynced and didn't reach his hitbox for good?

Have you experienced this too or know what's about?

P.S. This was happening even before the CP damage reduction while Break Free CC immune etc, so it's not that, because he wasn't even running that passives so.

I play on Pc-Eu.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen many times an enemy player who slides over 20m while stun.
    Perhaps there is a problem with the server or it may be a cheat.
    Either way, I don't think it's normal.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server issues, resistance buffs that work off break free, dodge rolling immediately after breaking free, sets that become stronger at low HP, stage 3 vampire passive... I could go on but there are plenty of ways to get the illusion of invulnerability after breaking free.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Server issues, resistance buffs that work off break free, dodge rolling immediately after breaking free, sets that become stronger at low HP, stage 3 vampire passive... I could go on but there are plenty of ways to get the illusion of invulnerability after breaking free.

He was 90% health when break free and received all that ults on himself and his health bar didn't move at all, even with vamp stage 3 that was how much? 3% mitigation maybe? And he wasn't running any defensive set, also in 6 med 1 heavy full well fitted, the squishiest setup ever, doesn't make any sense.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    He was 90% health when break free and received all that ults on himself and his health bar didn't move at all, even with vamp stage 3 that was how much? 3% mitigation maybe? And he wasn't running any defensive set, also in 6 med 1 heavy full well fitted, the squishiest setup ever, doesn't make any sense.

baeea5ba59fc1717bb62b5a52491db19--funny-ha-ha-its-funny.jpg

He showed you his build or told you in chat?