The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am sick of Dark Convergence

• precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is possibly one of the most out of touch game design choices I have ever seen, the only actually rational explanation is they made that set in order to punish PvPers for all the complaining we do and asking them to y'know fix the game to a degree they would not have to even consider if pvp did not exist.

It is strictly ANTI user, it's there to make the game less fun to play, you know what people really love, not being able to do anything about incredibly annoying things that are thrust on them without consent. It's not even that it is "overpowered" the unstable affliction set is more OP from that standpoint, it is just so amazingly toxic it's hard to believe they could have
    A: tested it
    B: tested it and said this is fine
    C: tested it, said this is fine a fine way to punish people for Pvping still
    D: designed it with the intention of creating a enjoyable experience
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Just make it cost 50% health to cast, and make the person casting it glow for one second. Problem solved. You're welcome.
  • lexicondevil99
    lexicondevil99
    ✭✭✭
    Just make it cost 50% health to cast, and make the person casting it glow for one second. Problem solved. You're welcome.

I'm LexiconDevil99 and I approve this ad.
  • kuschlwuschl116
    kuschlwuschl116
    Soul Shriven
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

It's because of the trouble trio(Convergence, Pre-nerf Hrothgar, Plaguebreak) among other things. The timing of the release of these sets and other factors just led to people not wanting to go into cyro. I know I geared all my toons for no cp and just played no cp no proc campaign cause I already saw the procalypse coming. I already prefer no proc gameplay but when I saw these sets in pts that pretty much gave me reason to leave CP campaigns

I just wish the no CP camp wouldn´t be so damn tanky. It´s not the fast action it was a year ago.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jokesonyou wrote: »
    There is no way to balance this set without some sort of crazy specific rules for it.. it's the same thing every time I log in.. groups of 3, 4, 5 necros running a ton of heals all ball up and drop their DC at the same time, drop an ulti, and smash their grave robber.. you get snatched across the map even tho you were outside of the circle on the ground and you drop from full health to dead before you could even roll dodge.. death recap is just 60k worth of graverobber, colossus, and DC from 3 different names

GET RID OF DARK CONVERGENCE!! PVP IS BASICALLY UNPLAYABLE

Right now the issue is DC. Next mod it will be Bashcro and the mod after it will be something else.

PVP can't be fixed with any sets or abilities. PVP should be about skill not simply abuse of ability or gear. Every MMO game I have played if gear isn't breaking PVP its a class or an ability or a combination of gear, class and ability.

Fixing PVP would require a full revamp of all classes, gear, and other abilities. I don't see that happening after 7 years.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way to balance this set without some sort of crazy specific rules for it.. it's the same thing every time I log in.. groups of 3, 4, 5 necros running a ton of heals all ball up and drop their DC at the same time, drop an ulti, and smash their grave robber.. you get snatched across the map even tho you were outside of the circle on the ground and you drop from full health to dead before you could even roll dodge.. death recap is just 60k worth of graverobber, colossus, and DC from 3 different names

Right now the issue is DC. Next mod it will be Bashcro and the mod after it will be something else.

PVP can't be fixed with any sets or abilities. PVP should be about skill not simply abuse of ability or gear. Every MMO game I have played if gear isn't breaking PVP its a class or an ability or a combination of gear, class and ability.

Fixing PVP would require a full revamp of all classes, gear, and other abilities. I don't see that happening after 7 years.

The closest you can come to that is non-proc non-cp on Ravenwatch, but it seems that most people prefere to complain.
    Edited by LarsS on October 27, 2021 10:12PM
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • EndOfGreen
    This set is just a pure bug and the code had to be commented out right during any maintenance. The most frustrating thing is there are tons of complaints and zos just simply ignored it
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »

The closest you can come to that is non-proc non-cp on Ravenwatch, but it seems that most people prefere to complain.

That's more like PVE when with a guild. It's not PVP either. I like GH when it's not like a pinball machine. I don't mind vicious death and other proc sets like Plaguebreak, etc... DC is just to powerful as a set with a fairly small cooldown window.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    EndOfGreen wrote: »
    This set is just a pure bug and the code had to be commented out right during any maintenance. The most frustrating thing is there are tons of complaints and zos just simply ignored it

Yeah I haven't heard in game or seen so much negativity regarding ONE set since I started playing during BETA. I mean they must care a little to what their players think and feel? When I see this set during BG I feel like throwing up in my mouth. The sound, the color and the effect. It doesn't fit the game at all IMO, it's wrong in EVERY way.
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    I agree
    Edited by Abstraqt on October 30, 2021 11:49AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for so many years there have been so many comments here in our forums regarding how hard it is to kill other players in cyrodiil...

Every one is just so tanky and wearing heavy armor, playing as a stage 3 vamp, capping resistances, etc., etc.

convergence kills people, and it's not the damage doing it...it acts like an aoe gate type root/stun, whatever you call it...

it puts players in places they don't wanna be or haven't planned for...allows them to be separated from groups and be single out and eliminated...

also works great as a defensive tool, some maniac relentlessly coming at you with some huge battleaxe - drop the ball, pop a pot and roll away...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 31, 2021 3:45AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • EndOfGreen
    geonsocal wrote: »
    for so many years there have been so many comments here in our forums regarding how hard it is to kill other players in cyrodiil...

Every one is just so tanky and wearing heavy armor, playing as a stage 3 vamp, capping resistances, etc., etc.

convergence kills people, and it's not the damage doing it...it acts like an aoe gate type root/stun, whatever you call it...

it puts players in places they don't wanna be or haven't planned for...allows them to be separated from groups and be single out and eliminated...

also works great as a defensive tool, some maniac relentlessly coming at you with some huge battleaxe - drop the ball, pop a pot and roll away...

Exactly, and this is too much for a set. Apparently, a [snip] dev applied *3 multiplier on its initial parameters

[edited for rude/insulting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 31, 2021 5:48PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't describe how much I HATE this set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE IT

I HATE IT

I HATE IT
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

You are describing what it is that people hate about the set: removing people's ability to control their character, isolating tbem to be singled out and killed is the most frustrating experience that can happen. Ask anyone who has ever played with a sadistic DM / GM who pits players against monsters that have mind control, abduction, or very powerful grapple/incapacitate and they'll tell you such challenges should be rare and serve a story purpose, not to be used wily nily becuase the gameplay mechanics just aren't fun.

Yes, players should die. ESO is perhaps the first fantasy game I ever played in which any combatant playing any archetypal role can hit a single button and on command and at any time give them a potent heal, to say nothing of having multiple other heals over time insulate them from attacks. It's so easy not to die ZOS has in essence no choice but to be that sadistic gamemaster as it’s the only way to break a player's constant ability to continually heal themselves (or perpetually block, dodge, cloak, steak, or alternative means of allowing players to contonously avoid damage) and thus enable the player to die
    Edited by Joy_Division on November 1, 2021 4:09PM
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed with the so called "nerf" to the set. I want the pull mechanic of this set removed from PVP. It breaks rotations completely and I'm forced stop everything I'm trying to do, use resources to dodge roll out of a still OP AOE while every enemy takes pot shots at me with their ultimates because I just joined the sitting duck club.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »

I actually think last patch introducing some of these procs was an attempt to force people into the no-proc campaign. As it is a much easier mode to balance around with only stats and no cp, compared to the other campaign. PVP without any of the other nonsense. But players are stubborn.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I'm disappointed with the so called "nerf" to the set. I want the pull mechanic of this set removed from PVP. It breaks rotations completely and I'm forced stop everything I'm trying to do, use resources to dodge roll out of a still OP AOE while every enemy takes pot shots at me with their ultimates because I just joined the sitting duck club.

that is the Exact same thing i say about unblockable skills from the sorcerers and wardens now for over 8 Years.
    (wardens only since they were created in morrowind)
    I can't describe how much i Love this set.
    this dark convergence set is the Best set eso has ever made, i pray nothing changes with it anyfurther.
    the main point of this set was to stop zergs and huge groups and it works very Good.

as far as the complaints on this forum about this set:
    the only people that dont like it are a very few and very Loud people on this forum.
    are they all the zerg and huge group members? no, some are battle ground players, but what ever playstye they are from is not whats important (although it should be considered because it was intended to Stop zergs and huge Groups)
    the rest of the players like myself and many others are just fine with it.
    theres millions of players in eso, but here on forums we only see like what? 50 of them make comments here on forums?
    it should be noted.
    if want a true and accurate reading of all the players thoughts on an subject in eso, then need to send email to every players account with a questionaire.
    not satire, not a joke, just honest feedback from a pvp player
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 1, 2021 4:51PM
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Pretty sure he's gonna die on that hill. lol.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 1, 2021 5:33PM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

that is the Exact same thing i say about unblockable skills from the sorcerers and wardens now for over 8 Years.
    this dark convergence set is the Best set eso has ever made, i pray nothing changes with it anyfurther.
    the main point of this set was to stop zergs and huge groups and it works very Good.

the only people that dont like it are a very few and very Loud people on this forum.
    are they all the zerg and huge group members? no, some are battle ground players, but what ever playstye they are from is not whats important (although it should be considered because it was intended to Stop zergs and huge Groups)
    theres millions of players in eso, but here on forums we only see like what? 50 of them make comments here on forums?
    it should be noted.
    if want a true and accurate reading of all the players thoughts on an subject in eso, then need to send email to every players account with a questionaire.

Its not just loud people on the forums. People are constantly moaning about it in zone chat.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think about the set @xxslam48xxb14_ESO ?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

it should be noted.

Its not just loud people on the forums. People are constantly moaning about it in zone chat.

Not even just a few, the majority of people on the forums. And yes, in chat in the game too. The real minority are the people defending it because they need it (as they say themselves).
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭

I've seen "No DC Pls" quite a fair amount now in BG chats as well.

Even saw a couple folks leave because a DC user was on their team, as opposed to the normal leavers due to the other teams being DC balls.

Its in every guild chat.

Its frequently seen in zone chats.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries, your prayers are answered, now the set is completely useless and does nothing.

Once again ZOS has introduced an overpowered set and then nerfed is into complete uselessness. Apparently there is no middle ground!
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    No worries, your prayers are answered, now the set is completely useless and does nothing.

Once again ZOS has introduced an overpowered set and then nerfed is into complete uselessness. Apparently there is no middle ground!

Not as nerfed as poor thunder caller though, omg. Dude that set went from doing 10k damage to 2.5k. I seen maybe one other person using that set since it came out and zos gave it the ultimate nerf hammer. 75% nerf to a set literally no one used or cared about. Now literally literally no one will use it.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.