The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Has everyone outside of EP quit PVP?

Cuwen
Cuwen
✭✭✭
EP seems to be dominating all the campaigns: u/50, Grayhost, etc. There are so many of them on, but I hardly see DC or AD anymore. What's going on?
  • AVaelham
    AVaelham
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I don't stake out the forums. Didn't know another thread was made about this. But since it has been, obviously there is an issue going on. I wonder why EP is able to do this, especially in Grayhost.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decrease the cost of alliance change tokens. Give people an easier avenue to spread out (and thus have better fights) and they will. Most people aren't jumping to drop 25 bucks just to try out a different alliance.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuwen wrote: »
    Ok, I don't stake out the forums. Didn't know another thread was made about this. But since it has been, obviously there is an issue going on. I wonder why EP is able to do this, especially in Grayhost.

It's the ultimate end of faction locks. This already happened the last time faction locks were there and almost killed PvP before One Tamriel removed them. A bunch of players that like "winning" at any cost are the only ones that wanted lock, you can forum search and find that many hated the idea of them returning and ZOS decided to bring them back and put locked campaign first instead of unlocked.

The main problem is that when the system incentivizes wins purely by population, buffs already overpopulated factions (scroll, emperor, hammer, sets like dark convergence, infini-stack HoTs, etc.), why not all move on one side and steamroll the map?

The same argument was used for removing faction locks, that "all players will run to one side" yet, the same thing happens in a locked campaign EXCEPT that players cannot move sides during the campaign progression.

All that really means is that players will stop playing.

Said it many times, many places on these forums: when a game stops being balanced and when it stops being competitive, most people simply won't play it.

Now, faction imbalance issues aside, PvP right now simply is not fun. Not fun for anyone on the receiving side of 10-50 dark convergences because ZOS keeps catering to these kinds of player and removing any kind of skill in the game.

I mean, seriously, what do players see PvP as in this game?

For many PvP simply means winning at any cost, and its the root cause of the problem - always has, always will be.

For myself and many others, we see PvP as a battle that is fun only when it can truly be won or loss by a coin toss and not pre-defined because someone stacked a bunch of sets, skills, or other cheese in the game.

Where can you find that kind of PvP in ESO?

That kind of PvP has become absent from the game over time, especially since they've added more and more items in the game that are giving complete advantages vs. anyone not using them. Mythics were a mistake, arena weapons shouldn't make the difference between win-loss, etc. -- you get the idea.

All of it accumulates over time, and the more unbalanced the game becomes, the less people play.

For those EP players stacking the map against one bar factions, these guys actually think that they are "fighting the good fight" and pretend they are being attacked by two locked factions to justify their behavior, when it's simply not happening at any point in time on that campaign. Then when that is refuted, they blame low pop bonus, that they are responsible for triggering, for their need to continuously roll empty maps as if population bonus matters when the score isn't even close and cannot be.

They are afraid that, if the campaign population becomes remotely balanced that they will lose their lead, as they should be. They should be, because they have the lead, and they don't have the ability to keep the map at any point the populations become balanced or even remotely balanced (an example being at one point locked EP was getting erased by 2 bar DC).

They are so obsessed with winning that they cannot see they are destroying the game. It's like a manufacturer poisoning the communities around them with toxic byproducts, then turning around and saying "well I have to supply them or my business is going to fail" -- it's not sustainable and it's not logical.

But it doesn't matter. Even that doesn't matter because the core issue can be answered with a very simple question to anyone that wants to know why players have vanished: when was the last time you actually had fun in PvP?

I don't know about you, but PvP these days feels like a chore to me.

Cutting through a bunch of tanky players sitting in overtuned procs with every single advantage against me, then having to walk back because a set pulled me over 8 times and desynced damage killed me instantly seems like a massive chore. But not just a chore, a massive bore.

It's not fun, certainly when the result of your actions means completely nothing because even if you wipe a wave of 50 people, they just come back with a camp and you can't do anything since all your defensive options are either spent or on CD.

It's a sad state of the game, and so, so, incredibly sad.
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    In PC EU during prime time it's a draw between tomatoes and smurfs. Bananas are extinct in cyrodiil flora.