The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My Water's Edge - medieval townhouse (including a clocktower and bunnies πŸ•’πŸ‡)

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well! :smile: In honour of the recent Blackwood celebration event, and the recent Water's Edge appreciation thread, I thought I'd share my Water's Edge.

It's a quaint little townhouse perched above the Leyawiin bridge, and I think it has a great item-slot-per-area ratio! I had over a hundred slots left over at the end for example, which I spent on making a custom rabbit hutch, a clock, and various additions to the city itself to make it look more lively and more inhabited. Most houses don't have enough slots to furnish them regularly, let alone add slot-intensive custom additions, but I found that Water's Edge was the perfect size and I had a lot of fun with it! I hope you also enjoyed decorating your own Water's Edge if you have it! :blush:

https://youtu.be/PIve8cndeF4
(The recording ended up a bit janky, please try watching it full screen in high rez, or switch to low rez if you watch the embedded versionπŸ™ )
Entry hall with house shrine and fountain
k184b8yypt20.png

Corridor and Bathroom
8u9fghskqtsu.png
ufcy8kqz0t4n.png
org1c62luq2x.png

Bedroom suite
gb88shb1eltv.png
kwaxqr5qpmk4.png

Dining room (omg this house has enough slots to actually put some items on the dining table for a change :sweat_smile:)
2g0owd4sp3kn.png

Kitchen
rgtisxlk6oda.png
sghx2hjac7x4.png

Study (a house where you can afford to use individual books *gasp* a miracle)
z1j41hn8b0su.png
fttoyzbe0rmk.png

Side balcony (with Makes-Many-Soups making her fishing rounds on the docks below)
ad5othm4d4f4.png

Breakfast nook with a neighbour's custom rooftop terrace in the background
zova4mpjtlxm.png

City view (with some Houseguests and extra furniture so it isn't completely empty)
qlbb06x3zvot.png

The sun deck area
sggaw6s8cm2t.png

Clocktower and gatehouse with a courtyard trees, well, and patrolling guard
yl2afmm3s4iy.png

Aaand... a custom rabbit hutch 🐰🐰( Also note the metal hinge on the side, so the pen can be opened up to let the bunnies roam free when they're under supervision, and there are dividers next to the stairs to block them off and make the terrace accident-proof :heart: And while they do have carrots and lettuce, they also have a giant pile of fresh hay, so they are well taken care of, lol).
p2p5q9jbnlis.png
_____
That's for watching, I hope you found my house (and the bunnies :love:) relaxing! Also, I don't know what everyone else thought, but I really think Water's Edge has some of the best slot/space ratios so I can recommend getting this house if you think you may enjoy it :smile:
Edited by bluebird on October 15, 2021 2:41AM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird , your home is exquisite! I love how refined and tranquil you've decorated it.
    I do believe my absolute favorites were your bunnies and clocktower though. I'm so glad you created those and added them to your home! That has to be the most darling little bunny retreat I've ever seen and certainly the only one I've ever noted in game! The clocktower is quite impressive as well! I just love the detailing and care with which the components were placed. Thank you for taking me on this guided tour of your lovely home. πŸ‡
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great build and thank you for sharing and I enjoyed your video and screenshots! :smiley: I like how you used houseguests to add life to the surrounding city too! I feel like ESO has stepped up their housing this year and I look forward to getting Waters Edge as well!
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Exquisite work @bluebird, your Water's Edge looks very elegant! :smiley:
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for checking it out and leaving a comment, Delphinia, Araneae and Adrikoth! :blush:
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic work on this! This takes advantage of everything I think is great about ESO's housing system in it's ability to allow for really unique ideas when creativity gets flowing! But also really gelled nicely with the natural flow of the house as well. Several things I enjoyed the most:

1) That custom rabbit hutch is super cool and a great idea! Looks great too!

2) Nice usage of the structural pieces to create some additional rooms. Both those bathrooms but also the hallway corridor on the balcony!

3) I liked the accent wall in the Master Bedroom, nice touch to add some character to that room and make it stand out from the rest.

4) I liked those plants in your foyer. I've always been a big fan of central flora or water features in a foyer like that πŸ˜…

5) Brilliant idea to add the House guests walking to the outsides of the house on the city streets! Really great way to liven the setting up and make it feel like you're actually living in a city again. Same goes for the neighbor's rooftop and the clock idea.

All around good stuff @bluebird ! Well done!
    Edited by Vehlir on October 18, 2021 3:11PM
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I'm totally going to steal a few of your ideas for my Waters Edge. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Steezzy
    Steezzy
    ✭✭✭
    nice clocktower!!