The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wanting to make a two nightblades that focus on bleed damage.

Dragonlord573
Dragonlord573
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been bored for a bit with two of my nightblades and I want to mess around with some interesting sets and skills to move them towards bleed damage. I'm looking for sets that synergize together (I.e. using Dragon's Appetite to gain extra damage and heals because the enemy will always be bleeding) or just cause more bleeding.

Kinda leaning towards using Savage Werewolf and Unleashing Terror, but the more set suggestions I can get the better cause I like having stuff to work with.

Edit: Should note this is for PvE
Edited by Dragonlord573 on October 14, 2021 4:31PM
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unleashed terror on body, VMA 2h on front bar vdsa DW on backbar
    Earthgore monster for cool visual blood effects and heal, 2 piece of trainee or agility jewelry and malacath ring
    You can use crown poisons on DW bar to increase amount of dots.
    Stamdk, proc unleashed with stampede, noxious breath and poison claw then to backbar to apply bleed dot from DW.
    Use DW ulti on backbar, or 2h ulti on front bar so your bleed will ignore resistances
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dro'Zakar's Claws

(2 items) Adds 1487 Physical Penetration
    (3 items) Adds 657 Weapon Critical
    (4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (5 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage, For every bleed effect you have on an enemy, increase your Weapon Damage by 103 against them.

Dro'Zakar's Claws is best used on a Stam Warden because they're the only class in the game to have bleed damage based class skills.
    1. Warden's: Growing Swarm
    2. Warden's: Cutting Dive
    3. Hemorphaging Status Effect
    4. Dual Wield: Rending Slashes (or Blood Craze if you need a heal)
    5. Dual Wield: Rend (Ult)
    6. 2 Hander: Carve
    7. 2 Hander: Stampede (With Maelstrom set equiped)
    8. Fighter's Guild: Barbed Trap
    9. 5 Piece Set: Pestilent Host or Pillar of Nirn or Savage Werewolf or Unleashed Terror.

9 applied bleed effects for a possible +927 weapon damage from Dro'Zaker's Claws on the 5 piece alone. This would be my recommendation.

Noteworthy set instead of Dro'Zakar is:

Aegis Caller

(2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) When you deal critical damage with a Martial melee attack, summon a Lesser Aegis for 11 seconds. After 2.5 seconds, the Lesser Aegis spins its blades, dealing 502 Bleed Damage every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

Aegis Caller is a very strong pve aoe bleed set that will crit next patch. The damage per second on live with 6k weapon damage is about 3.5k a second. Note, it's not a bleed applied to the enemy so it does not buff Dro'Zakar's Claws, therefore you'd probably want to do one or the other.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 14, 2021 9:12PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blooddrinker set from Bloodroot Forge is a beast. Works well with Balorgh. Here is a list of sets that cause bleed damage:

https://eso-sets.com/search?query=bleed

I've used various combinations of Blooddrinker, Pillar of Nirn, Tzvogin's, and Balorgh on a stamblade werewolf and they work well. On paper, it looks like Automaton could be very effective
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For comparison sake on live with 6k weapon damage:
    • Pillar of Nirn = 5k bleed damage upfront in 2.5m radius, enemies hit take 27k bleed damage over 10s.
    • Pestilent Host = When an enemy dies with a poisoned effect on them, apply 46k bleed damage over 10s to the nearest enemy within 12m.
    • Savage Werewolf = Light/heavy attacks cause enemies to bleed for 1.9k damage every 1 second for 4 seconds.
    • Unleashed Terror = Dealing direct damage with a pull, leap, teleport, blink or charge ability causes the enemy to take 16k bleed damage over 10s. This will give you the hemorphaging status effect too, which is about the same damage per second, 6.4k over 4s, but since it constantly refreshes, it's like the set gives you a 32k dot.

Savage Werewolf is probably the weekest dot of the bunch, but the easiest to apply. Pestilent is probably the strongest, but the hardest to apply. Pillar of Nirn and Unleashed Terror are close to the same damage, however Pillar of Nirn may provide more seeing as Hemorphaging uptime could be high with your other sources. It is on a 10s CD that has a small aoe effect that can miss your target though, while Unleashed Terror is a 10s CD PER target instead and easily applied via Stampede that lines up easily with Mercilous Charge. Unleashed Terror also gives you guaranteed, 100% uptime on Hemorphaging instead of trying to rely on RNG making it a great bonus for a set like Dro'Zakar's Claws.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pillar of Nirn would be a beast honestly. Already farming it, should be hella interesting.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pillar of nirn has been low key amazing for awhile, and I believe it will be able to crit next patch. I would definitely pick this up. Blooddrinker buffs bleeds by 20%, another good one, although I feel deadly strike might be better because you are going to have some non bleed damage sources.

Bleeds on a nightblade is interesting, but I guess you could go dual wield front and two handed back bar with bloodthirst and blood craze and the dual wield ultimate. Carve on the backbar with barbed trap.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did Warden with Blood Drinker, Deadly and Maelstrom Maces some time ago, and it was great - really nice punch, done few trials but ultimately it provided a stable but rather limited dps of ca. 35k on vet. Finally i decided to turn toward crit build, with Tzogvin and Dragonguard and double the dps.

But as others mentioned above, next patch will be crucial. Crit dmg will be limited, while proc set would get a massive buff thanks to crit option.

Dro'zakar could provide you a massive boost, if you maintain relatively huge rotation. But for the second set, as you are planning to use NB, i would go with Pestilent Host. I am using "killing" build right now on stamblade, with Pelinal and Vampire's Kiss and I must said, this is a real fun. Especially at arenas ;)
    Edited by Ippokrates on October 18, 2021 9:45PM