The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "A Frightful Fete Comes To Tamriel w/ The Witches Festival"

• Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    So then what is a "Witches Festival crafting writ"?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi @Jayne_Doe. We wanted to check with the team to make sure we were correct here.
    This is correct: "Hollowjack style pages, previously relegated to the Witches Grab Bags, are now available as part of a folio of rewards for completing any Witches Festival crafting writ"

With the note that as corrected earlier, the writs are available in the Dremora Plunder Skulls instead of the standard Plunder Skulls.

Hopefully that clarifies the answer.

Yes, thank you for confirming! I recall that last year, these writs were only available in the Dremora plunder skulls, so nothing has changed, there, but I'm glad it was caught so that we could have clarification on that point as well. Glad that new players will have an opportunity to earn these Hollowjack pages rather than having to use tickets on a grab bag.

Ramber wrote: »
    So then what is a "Witches Festival crafting writ"?

These are special crafting writs that ask you to craft either one of the event-specific recipes or an alchemy potion similar to those in the normal alchemy master writs.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 19, 2021 7:42PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Definitely hear you there, @Jayne_Doe. The team heard the feedback from last year and worked on a way to make a change to make the Hollowjack pages more accessible. We'll be listening to feedback during the event and passing those along this year are well.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, I love you right now! Thank you for the awesome furnishings available for tickets! :love: I’m going to be buying a number of candlefly gatherings and cone web furnishings from the Impressario — thank you! :smiley:
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    scratch that comment - repaired game - all is well in the world :)
    Edited by agegarton on October 22, 2021 10:25PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m loving all the furnishings and furnishing plans dropping from the plunder skulls! :love:
  • LokiAndBlack
    LokiAndBlack
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got at least one Webs, Cone or Specimen Jar, Spare Brain or Hollowjack Lantern, Ouroboros as drop and not for tickets?
    I got all other items from skulls, apart of them and there is no price on ttc, so do they drop at all or they are bound upon pickup?
    Anyway I got one 5 ticket lamp and 2 Ruby Candlefly Gathering already, but none of the web, brain in jar or lantern :(
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are skeletal marionette parts not dropping? They are on the achievement list. I'm up to 80 skulls and have not got 1 skeletal marionette part. I started this account just under a year ago and am trying to get all the achievements.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M0ntie wrote: »
    Why are skeletal marionette parts not dropping? They are on the achievement list. I'm up to 80 skulls and have not got 1 skeletal marionette part. I started this account just under a year ago and am trying to get all the achievements.

Those are probably in the grab bag like the apple cauldron, etc.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager

This is correct. They are in the grab bag. Thanks for passing along the info, @Araneae6537! Much appreciated.

Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got at least one Webs, Cone or Specimen Jar, Spare Brain or Hollowjack Lantern, Ouroboros as drop and not for tickets?
    I got all other items from skulls, apart of them and there is no price on ttc, so do they drop at all or they are bound upon pickup?
    Anyway I got one 5 ticket lamp and 2 Ruby Candlefly Gathering already, but none of the web, brain in jar or lantern :(

Funnily no but all 3 are present in the sinister hollowjack furnishing pack in the crown store ......
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is correct. They are in the grab bag. Thanks for passing along the info, @Araneae6537! Much appreciated.

I am sorry but i dont have the Marionnet and the grab bag stopped to be offered to me.

Any reason ?
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »

I am sorry but i dont have the Marionnet and the grab bag stopped to be offered to me.

Any reason ?

You don’t have the marionette unlocked on your account?
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any reason ?

no
    this is a new account

I could complete all but that
    Edited by Lauranae on October 29, 2021 3:41PM
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any reason ?

no
    this is a new account

I could complete all but that

Just checking because some players want to “recollect it” on other characters even though it doesn’t unlock anything further.

It sounds like the grab bags should still be available to you then and I can only recommend that you submit a support ticket. Good luck!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I want to offer a shout out to the cool "re-naming" of crafting mats when doing writs!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis