The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

skills don't work the first time

Goodman777
Goodman777
Soul Shriven
will this problem ever be solved?
or is it hopeless?ping in pvp 130-160. and even when the skills are triggered, you can see that the delay is about a second, as I understand it, it's about loading servers. it's just that PVP has become so dynamic that the failure of skills breaks the entire rotation.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodman777 wrote: »
    will this problem ever be solved?
    or is it hopeless?ping in pvp 130-160. and even when the skills are triggered, you can see that the delay is about a second, as I understand it, it's about loading servers. it's just that PVP has become so dynamic that the failure of skills breaks the entire rotation.

Just use aoe's and dark convergence.
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop playing cyro and try only bgs and ic, way more fun and almost zero lag.
    If you lag in bgs and ic as well maybe use a vpn and connect to the megaserver region, for pc-eu should be Germany frankfurt.
    Heard lot of people with over 100-150 ping solved lot of problems even if with sometimes losing connection and so you get kicked out, and need log in again, but doesn't happen that often.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had to spam the R key as fast as I could to get my dragonknight to leap yesterday. I was only fighting a boss in Glenumbra. Nothing complicated.
  • Goodman777
    Goodman777
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't been to Cyrodiil for a long time. It's sad that bg is slowing down.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC and BG performance has been on a noticeable decline. Increased stuttering and desyncs. Depends on the day.

I'm also still stuck on a One X. So it doesn't seem to matter how good my internet is. Within 10-15 minutes of playing, the memory leaks have begun to surmount any sort of decent performance.
  • Goodman777
    Goodman777
    Soul Shriven
    Will the developers fix the situation or can we forget about normal pvp.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    ping is 50-80, same problem, also more and more frequent in PvE dungeons now. I could also confirm some buffs just disappear right after casting (resource already spent) or after being hit.

Their servers are breaking apart and yet they're hosting even more events...
    Edited by moo_2021 on October 16, 2021 9:01PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not just skills. its also:
    pots
    roll dodge
    sheathing / unsheathing
    sneaking
    stealthing
    invisibility
    walking
    mounting
    jumping
    light attacks
    everything, all actions are delayed and its by more than 1` second, its sometimes the action never even happens.
    i spam the pot button "BAM BAM BAM BAM"
    and i see the potion icon light up, but my character does not drink the potion, same with skills and everything, it lights up, game sees im hitting and spamming that button, but the action does not take place.
  • WraithShadow13
    WraithShadow13
    ✭✭✭✭
    My ping is no where NEAR that bad but i'm still finding abilities aren't firing when i tell them to. it's getting a bit ridiculous.
  • TheRealCherokeee3
    TheRealCherokeee3
    ✭✭✭
    On console its nearly the same so PING or not, the delays I think have been greatly noticeable for a long time. In my mind, ever since the block changes aka getting rid of the original animation cancel, most everything has gained a delay and buggy reaction. I have noticed if I stand still then pots and certain skills tend to go off a bit quicker. Its felt as if any imput, even gently moving a direction (not sprinting) has become an input itself which takes precedence off activating a skill or item. Pretty sad as in both PvP and hard PvE content standing still is often the last thing you want to do. But again I think its partly by design, partly brought on by code changes since my input to reaction time is far greater in other games.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very broken right now - past couple of days we had sunspire deaths to non-firing taunts, I died several times tanking vLoM to "blocked but nothing happened" and so on.

In addition before some ZoS forum mod posts the usual 'read this faq' message into the thread - the network ping time is solid when it happens. It sits at around 20ms for me to PC-EU. There is a steady 40ms lag that is game lag and has always been there, but nowdays it's regularly spiking way higher, whilst the network ping time remains steady. It doesn't seem to be add-on related either.

So please don't post the "it's your addons, it's your network, it's your computer, it's your cat" FAQ . If they are not already then the developers need to be collecting network v game latency data, network congestion, tcp retransmit numbers and so on and figuring out why U32 made the game so much worse.

Too many toons not enough time