The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crowns and different servers

Shizara
Shizara
Soul Shriven
So I've been playing on NA for a bit now since a friend is going to play there and I know characters aren't shared but

When are crown purchases going to be account wide? You can't decide you have crowns shared over both servers but not the purchases with it. Either you unlock it for both sides or you have the crowns for both. If I buy DLC in the money store they are available on both, but if I do it in the crownstore they aren't. That can't be correct, it's both for real money.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS consider crowns an "in-game currency", not "real money". They have to because their argument of, "Crown crates are trading virtual in-game currency for a chance at virtual in-game goods. There is no real money involved. No gambling! Believe us! Not gambling at all," falls apart otherwise. ;)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically ZOS did whatever was simplest for them (and simplifying the purchase process).

If you buy something outside the game (even on the ZOS website where you're logged into your account) it applies to both servers because the website has no way of knowing which server you want it on so it would require an extra step in the purchase process to choose one.

If you buy something while logged into the game it only applies to the server you're logged into, because otherwise it would require an extra step (behind the scenes) to send the data to the other server so it knows what you've got.

There probably is a way to fix that, so data on in-game purchases is shared between both servers, but I don't know what it would involve and I assume ZOS don't think there's enough demand to justify the time and effort required.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Shizara
    Shizara
    Soul Shriven

Danikat wrote: »
    Basically ZOS did whatever was simplest for them (and simplifying the purchase process).

If you buy something while logged into the game it only applies to the server you're logged into, because otherwise it would require an extra step (behind the scenes) to send the data to the other server so it knows what you've got.

There probably is a way to fix that, so data on in-game purchases is shared between both servers, but I don't know what it would involve and I assume ZOS don't think there's enough demand to justify the time and effort required.

This is not entirely true. If you spend crowns, the system knows this and they are removed account-wide, so on both servers. That same system just doesn't seem to care where you spend them on, because that doesn't get acknowledged account-wide.

This is, at best, a terrible design. I wouldn't even mind if it was truly split, because that would mean I'd have the crowns to spend.

If it is indeed 'in-game currency', I should be able to spend them on both servers seperately.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree I think the issues with the servers and not being able to play my character on either server is ridiculous as well that shouldn’t be an issue at all I hope that it is something that ZOS intends to fix in the future. The issue of crown purchases being locked to a server is in my opinion inexcusable it should’ve never been that way to begin with when they first launched the game back in 2014. This should’ve been fixed a long time ago if it had an excuse originally to not be the way it should be now. I do support ZOS, in their business endeavors at the same time as their endeavors to make a great massive multiplayer online game. I do believe in a business’ Trying to cut cost where they can all businesses need to do that in order to stay afloat. Which for the purposes of this argument I’m going to assume that the choice to make crown purchases locked to a specific server rather than account wide entirely and my original statement above about not being able to play my characters on either server, The intent behind those decisions was based on cutting costs where they could to get the game up and running for us, Rather than a greedy money scheme. I’m also not naïve enough to believe that there aren’t companies and corporations that would do something like that. I do still believe ZOS had good intentions, if my assumptions/theory is correct. I doubt we will ever know because it is highly unlikely that they would come out and say that it was the case. Nevertheless this is an issue that does need to be fixed players should not have crown purchases locked to a specific server. That is why I only play on the European server. I live in the United States, but between all the champion points I have acquired and crown purchases I simply have too much invested between time and money to play on the American server at this point.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror
    I hope the comments above will be considered in improving the game for the community. As I understand it the elder scrolls online is currently the most played MMORPG with the only possible exception being World of Warcraft, if World of Warcraft has the ability to move characters content and purchases from one server to the next do not see how in the future this can not be implemented. I understand there is much maintenance and work on the servers in the coming future to improve the overall quality of the game especially in the case of player versus player which absolutely is a necessity if the game is to grow into its full potential. But as stated above these are issues that need to be addressed either by implementing the remedies for them or simply issuing a public statement on whatever ZOS’s intentions on the matter are.
    Not to sound demanding or self-righteous, but As players we invest time and money. We spend time playing the video game and we spend time commenting on social media and the elder scrolls online forum to give feedback and suggestions to help make the game that much better. We also spend real world money on the game, its DLC‘s, ESO plus and crown store purchases, we are not just players we are also customers as well. Issues of monetary purchases need to be addressed most expeditiously. To put it in perspective I’ve been an ESOplus member for since 2016, if my math is correct, that means i have given over $1000 dollars to ZOS already. That does not include crown purchases and i have bought a number of crown purchases. That is a lot of money to each individual player. I am sure ZOS Is aware of how much money some people have spent for their product, but that statement was only put on the thread to help my fellow elder scrolls online community members put into perspective monetarily in the real world. I hope the developers take this into consideration and see it as constructive criticism to help them and the community as a whole, rather than condemnation.