The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blackwood / Flames of Ambition quests - correct order for storyline

wildpaw
wildpaw
Soul Shriven
Hi there, I got Blackwood when it was first released, and played through as much as I could, finding three of the four ambitions. I believed there was DLC coming out to continue this. As far as I can tell I have finished the main Blackwood storyline, but I don't appear to have done any of the Flames of Ambition stuff.

Am I correct I need to purchase The Waking Flame DLC (I can't see a starter and don't have ESO+ so assuming I need to purchase) followed by the Deadlands Prologue, and then Deadlands when it is released, which I have redeemed for free. Saying that though, looks like Flames of Ambition and Waking Flame are group related so not sure how that relates the story, which I really enjoyed to the point I have got.

I seem to be doing various quests / zones in an apparent random order so am probably confusing myself.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The next part of the story will be deadlands when it comes out. The DLC dungeons aren't necessary for the story
    Soupy twist
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gates of Oblivion storyline follows this order:
    1. Flames of Ambition DLC (The Cauldron & Black Drake Villa)
    2. Blackwood Prologue Quests (A Mortal's Touch -> The Emperor's Secret)
    3. Blackwood Story Quests
    4. Waking Flame DLC (Red Petal Bastion & The Dread Cellar)
    5. The Deadlands Prologue (An Apocalyptic Situation -> The Key and the Cataclyst)
    6. The Deadlands Story Quests
    7. Gates of Oblivion Epilogue Quests (After completing both Blackwood and the Deadlands Story Quests).
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • wildpaw
    wildpaw
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry, it took me a while to get back into my Forum account, thanks both for your responses, really helpful.