The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Free Respec and Race Changes for converting PvP to PvE characters?

bathynomusESO
bathynomusESO
✭✭✭
This coincided with the release of a certain new MMO. Perhaps, this was done to encourage people to not play BGs, but rather focus on other content like random dungeons. With the huge amount of players going to the other MMO, they had to do something about the lost players and queue times. Anyhow, it does have me doing more dungeons now. The downside is less variety and I turned my PvP characters into PvE only. Would have been nice if they gave us free respec and race changes, due to this change. Now I am stuck with gimped PvE characters or else I have to pay for crowns to change them (3000 crowns each???). Should ZOS give us free respecs and race changes, due to this major change?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused. ZOS has stated that the current change to Battleground queues is temporary and we should expect other modes to return at some point. Why should ZOS reimburse you for your reaction to a temporary change?
  • bathynomusESO
    bathynomusESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused. ZOS has stated that the current change to Battleground queues is temporary and we should expect other modes to return at some point. Why should ZOS reimburse you for your reaction to a temporary change?

How long is temporary? 4 weeks, a year? Either way, I've pretty much quit PvP due to this. My characters either sit idle or I choose to do something else with them.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. It would also mean they would have to offer the same in reverse. It also makes no sense that Zenimax would have the intent to try to encourage players to not play.

While I do not think the change makes sense, back when players could choose which mode they wanted those who queued for random were placed to fill matches for players that chose specific BG types. That is why there were more DMs than anything else.

Well, good luck with your request.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the free armory station may help with this?
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    DM is not unplayable though I lost 20 games straight one night. Builds are not so different. Just remove vampirism, change sets, mundus and morphs?

Dungeons have little replay value and who knows you may want to go back soon ;)