The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Radiating Regeneration.

Jameson18
Jameson18
✭✭✭✭✭
Stop this from stacking. It's a carry in any content segment.

The premise is there. Turn it into a buff or something. Other buffs don't stack. Perhaps let it refresh etc. - but please stop it from stacking.

Unless the intention is for people to not have to learn how to use other abilities in conjunction?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this for PvE or PvP? As a PvE healer I generally stack it with other heals, and in PvP I only use it because the chances of it hitting me are greater than Rapid Regeneration. In PvP I also combine it with a burst heal because it's too weak to save me from death. As for stopping it from stacking I can get behind that as long as it prioritizes the most powerful instance of the ability. Reason it stacks is since each cast is unique with its own separate strength much like stacking DoTs.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, combining it with other skills? Awesome.

Combining it with 3 or 8 other people casting it? Not awesome.

I’m talking about it stacking with itself or other people’s casts of it.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Smells like PvP. Healers in trials both use this.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How many instances of RR do optimized trials groups have? Cap it at that. Heal stacking breaks PvP.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Swampy
    Swampy
    Soul Shriven
    How many instances of RR do optimized trials groups have? Cap it at that. Heal stacking breaks PvP.

Then make Dots not stack too
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Swampy wrote: »

Then make Dots not stack too

If by DoTs, you mean "Same name" DoTs, then yes. I will tap the agree button.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did say it was a carry in any content.

I'd be fine with dots not stacking also, but that would* effect pve.

If you require multiple stacks of Radiating Regen in PvE, you've probably got something else going on with group comp or something. Like too many healers, or a bunch of dd's with resto staves? - At most you'd see what? 2? maybe 3? That can be adjusted to other abilities which would actually be more optimal.
    Edited by Jameson18 on October 11, 2021 1:54PM
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    I did say it was a carry in any content.

I'd be fine with dots not stacking also, but that would* effect pve.

If you require multiple stacks of Radiating Regen in PvE, you've probably got something else going on with group comp or something. Like too many healers, or a bunch of dd's with resto staves? - At most you'd see what? 2? maybe 3? That can be adjusted to other abilities which would actually be more optimal.

Honestly I see critical builds running Maelstrom Restoration staves on backbar for magicka regen as well as off-heals. If it can stack, then it's broken. No named buffs can stack, so why should abilities either?

No wonder people complain the game is "too easy."

I wonder how much harder it would be if same classes and same builds were to be in the same group trying to stack damage or healing, and couldn't.

Diversify your builds or lose efficiency.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »

Honestly I see critical builds running Maelstrom Restoration staves on backbar for magicka regen as well as off-heals. If it can stack, then it's broken. No named buffs can stack, so why should abilities either?

No wonder people complain the game is "too easy."

I wonder how much harder it would be if same classes and same builds were to be in the same group trying to stack damage or healing, and couldn't.

Diversify your builds or lose efficiency.

Interesting thought. Not exactly where I was going with it though lol.