The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to cleanse/avoid Wildfire from Brimstone Wardens?

FruitBatVampire
I'm super stuck in vet Vateshran to a Brimstone Warden in the red portal (my second portal). I've been killing things fine but I cannot defeat this daedroth.

He keeps killing me with this thing called Wildfire, which seems to be some weird DOT that appears for very split seconds on my buff bar. Everything is fine up until he applies this to me, and then I die because it takes like half my healthbar every tick.

It seems almost like a bug considering the debuff icon flashes for split seconds instead of just staying on the bar, but I could just suck (likely case). For reference I'm a stamsorc wearing briarheart, VO, and bloodspawn. No idea why I'm dying to a trash add.
MY SHIEELLDDD!!!!!! How dare you fools make me drop it!!
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those Daedroths are tough, much more than just trash adds. If you've done vet Maelstrom, their mechanic is the same as the Ceremonial Guards in the final round. Most people tend to kite them when the breath attack comes up: move in a tight circle around them and they have to keep turning to hit you.

That said, the Brimstone Warden right before the Pyrelord boss is extremely tough because there are extra adds as well, so there is a lot of incoming damage on you. That point was a hard stop for my stamsorc until I got the Ring of the Pale Order so I could out heal all of the damage. I've read tips to build tankier: more health and a tanky set, though I don't know off the top of my head which one would be best. And I saw a youtube video once where the person stood on the very front edge of the platform so only the daedroth and the add with it got pulled. That strat seems kind of hit and miss when I try it though.

Good luck :)
    PC NA
  • FruitBatVampire
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Those Daedroths are tough, much more than just trash adds. If you've done vet Maelstrom, their mechanic is the same as the Ceremonial Guards in the final round. Most people tend to kite them when the breath attack comes up: move in a tight circle around them and they have to keep turning to hit you.

That said, the Brimstone Warden right before the Pyrelord boss is extremely tough because there are extra adds as well, so there is a lot of incoming damage on you. That point was a hard stop for my stamsorc until I got the Ring of the Pale Order so I could out heal all of the damage. I've read tips to build tankier: more health and a tanky set, though I don't know off the top of my head which one would be best. And I saw a youtube video once where the person stood on the very front edge of the platform so only the daedroth and the add with it got pulled. That strat seems kind of hit and miss when I try it though.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the response! I'll try putting on a tanky set. I still need one lead for the pale order ring, but I'll try again once I have it.
    MY SHIEELLDDD!!!!!! How dare you fools make me drop it!!