The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enemy effect visuals vs friendly effect visuals

vms11934
vms11934
✭✭✭
I don't think there is an option to change the color of enemy effects, but there should be. For example, when I would try using Dark Convergence as a melee build, I couldn't tell if the purple ball is mine or an enemy's. Even if I don't use it, I can't tell if it is a friendly effect or not. So, to be safe, I have to do my defensive anyway. Would be nice if there was some way to differentiate between them. If there already is, great; please let me know what it is.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never actually seen an allied Dark Convergence on the ground. For some odd reason they just don't show up but I see my foes getting pulled into a ground based AoE leading me to believe a Dark Convergence is there. You tried turning off additional allied effects in video options?
    Edited by Vevvev on October 6, 2021 5:35PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are separate controls for 'friendly' ground effects vs. 'enemy' ground effects. Can change color/brightness and whatever you want.

Huge Caveat: Many 'friendly' effects will not give the 'friendly' effect even when it makes sense. Apparently ZoS felt the rest of the flashing lights were clear enough and a 'friendly' glow wasn't necessary on top of it.

A very common 'friendly' effect you see comes from the Hollowfang set proccing. But most player skills won't leave anything noticeable.

Your own attack broadcasts against enemies also should not be visible to you and your team. I have not tested this with Dark Convergence so who knows, but when you cast an AOE attack on the ground which only hurts enemies, you and your party won't see any broadcast beyond the skill itself.

So since your own attacks against enemies don't show 'red' on the ground, you are safe to assume any ground mark color you're seeing is from the 'enemies' (customizable color).
    PC NA