The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Volendrung spawning for the faction that already has the overwhelming advantage

xylena_lazarow
xylena_lazarow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just in case Cyrodiil PvP wasn't already screwed hard enough, here are some screenshots from today showing the hammer spawning safely behind EP gates while EP is already dominating in score, map presence, and server population. Enjoy!

LEKn2wN.jpg
RQ6KWs8.jpg
PzuuVAB.jpg
PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, if it spawned for a faction that is currently overwhelmed, wouldn't the winning faction just roll over whoever picks it up and take if for themselves?

The hammer is broken in many, many ways. Regardless of what ZOS' intentions were, I don't think it's an effective catch up mechanic most times. It's a very effective "win more" mechanic.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair, if it spawned for a faction that is currently overwhelmed, wouldn't the winning faction just roll over whoever picks it up and take if for themselves?
    Usually the low pop factions try to keep the hammer out of play behind a closed scroll gate. That can't possibly be the "chaos" the devs had in mind either.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually the low pop factions try to keep the hammer out of play behind a closed scroll gate. That can't possibly be the "chaos" the devs had in mind either.

I agree. If it spawns for a faction at a significant disadvantage, it's to their benefit to either let it sit there and rot or take it behind their gates and let it despawn. If that's what ZOS intended, then I suppose it's working as intended.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it should only spawn if the populations are even or locked? I bet less Hammer in general would be OK with most people. I mean, its been passed around enough...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should drop the whole Sheogorath angle. This idea that it's meant to instill chaos just isn't how it plays out. Hammer spawns. One way or another it ends up with whoever has the most players online (and can put the word out to friends to show up to help). 9/10 times they then run the board.

It should spawn for whatever alliance has the lowest or second lowest pop count. It then should be tied to the player that picks it up. It can never be dropped. If the player dies, it returns to oblivion.

Make the carrier tankier than current hammer to help them survive longer.

This would eliminate most of the issues with hammer while also helping one of the two lower pop factions.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should drop the whole Sheogorath angle. This idea that it's meant to instill chaos just isn't how it plays out. Hammer spawns. One way or another it ends up with whoever has the most players online (and can put the word out to friends to show up to help). 9/10 times they then run the board.

It should spawn for whatever alliance has the lowest or second lowest pop count. It then should be tied to the player that picks it up. It can never be dropped. If the player dies, it returns to oblivion.

Make the carrier tankier than current hammer to help them survive longer.

This would eliminate most of the issues with hammer while also helping one of the two lower pop factions.

So that's what the hammer is for. I was just about to ask bc I don't see a point to it besides making it easier for the highest pop faction to faceroll the map.

It'd be nice if the hammer was removed from the game, but if we must have it, then I think your suggestions would definitely help.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos is not always beneficial one way or the other.

On that note, the campaign seems pretty "ordered" to me...