The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just an idea: Please remove Dark Convergence Set from Reward of the Worthy.-

Aixy
Aixy
✭✭✭
Please move Dark Convergence Set to Vlastarus, Bruma or Cropsford (Quartermaster Npc).-

o:)<3
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea, remove the set from the game.
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    Also it needs some rework - nerf - fix :D
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better to remove it entirely, let's just pretend we had a bad dream.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the set or remove the pull are the two solutions that make the most sense.

A proc pull is game breaking. The proc pull from Dark Convergence is stronger than DK chains and has an ultimates amount of damage and the player doesn't even have to aim it or pay any resources for it.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on October 6, 2021 9:02PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those sets were only added to RotW in response to the forum complaints where some people feel RotW are worthless and would be removed from the game.

So then we got 4 weeks of RotW farmers pop locking the camps with no desire at all to play the actual game.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • JDredd
    JDredd
    ✭✭
    It does nothing if you know how to counter it. Just be better organized against it.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As we've removed a few comments that were baiting and bashing, this is a friendly reminder that comments need to adhere to our Community Rules to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    JDredd wrote: »
    It does nothing if you know how to counter it. Just be better organized against it.

How does one be better organized against something that pulls or does damage through structures? That pulls from outside it's indicated radius? That 20+ people during any random keep battle have on and are completely blanketing anything or throwing it down every time they see someone engage in combat?

I'm confused. Can someone educate me?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How does one be better organized against something that pulls or does damage through structures? That pulls from outside it's indicated radius? That 20+ people during any random keep battle have on and are completely blanketing anything or throwing it down every time they see someone engage in combat?

because its the same exact thing that warden skill does.
    it Forces you and pulls you.
    and then high damage happens immediate on the pull.

the set is actually in need of a buff because it was intended to stop zergs, but the zergs now are able to walk right through it with no pull on them.

i Love the set and it needs buffed to make the pull unavoidable just like the sorcerers and wardens skills do to us, they are unavoidable and unblockable. this dark convergence set needs to be the same, unavoidable and unblockable buff added to it to match sorcerers and wardens skills do.

Edited by Gilvoth on October 25, 2021 6:12PM
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

the set is actually in need of a buff because it was intended to stop zergs, but the zergs now are able to walk right through it with no pull on them.

i Love the set and it needs buffed to make the pull unavoidable just like the sorcerers and wardens skills do to us, they are unavoidable and unblockable. this dark convergence set needs to be the same, unavoidable and unblockable buff added to it to match sorcerers and wardens skills do.

Is this satirical?

Edit: Serious question. Not intending to bait or offend.
    Edited by McTaterskins on October 25, 2021 6:59PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilvoth you certainly seem to be swimming against the tide here regarding the use of convergence...

just wanted you to know, you're not alone...i'm enjoying (and getting killed) by the set too...

i primarily play as a solo random potato in grey host...been in cyro since 2015, so, not exactly a noob...seen a lot of different changes over the years, convergence has been one of the more fun sets/mechanics introduced over that time...

there's a lot to get frustrated with in cyro (number one being performance), and it definitely does stink that it's getting harder and harder to find any good fights on playstation EU grey host and NA grey host outside of primetime or the weekends...

i think there are many factors for this beyond the introduction of this one (admittedly way OP) set...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this satirical?

its not satire, its not a sarcasm, its not funny, infact it is very embarrassing that new people come to eso and find massive groups destroying the pvp and game. and "no" im not "swiming against the tide" several guilds im a member of, including zone chat, as well as my friends all are saying the same things i am here.
    we asked for help in stopping the zergs, we got help with this set "dark convergence"
    However, they leaders of these groups has found a way around the set and the set is no longer stoping them, they just run right through it and are not being effected by the set now.

the set needs its radius increased and the damage increased to help stop the zergs. thats not a joke, its not satire.
    its just plain honest truth and honest feedback.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this satirical?

its not satire, its not a sarcasm, its not funny, infact it is very embarrassing that new people come to eso and find massive groups destroying the pvp and game. and "no" im not "swiming against the tide" several guilds im a member of, including zone chat, as well as my friends all are saying the same things i am here.
    we asked for help in stopping the zergs, we got help with this set "dark convergence"
    However, they leaders of these groups has found a way around the set and the set is no longer stoping them, they just run right through it and are not being effected by the set now.

the set needs its radius increased and the damage increased to help stop the zergs. thats not a joke, its not satire.

The better it is, the more it will be used by zergs to destroy everyone in their path. The exact opposite of it's intended purpose. You already see this every day and night in Cyro. Whatever group has the most DC users runs wild.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The better it is, the more it will be used by zergs to destroy everyone in their path. The exact opposite of it's intended purpose. You already see this every day and night in Cyro. Whatever group has the most DC users runs wild.

well, at least the hammer always helps out the low pop or losing alliances...yes, i kid :)

PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this satirical?

So you want an unavoidable pull on a easily obtainable set, that scales in damage per person pulled, which doesnt have a player limit. That would literally have no counter play and plague cyrodiil even more than it currently does.
    Even the guards would use that.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My theory remains that Dark Convergence drives more players away from ESO PvP than NW does.

High pop faction stacks are still unstoppable, proper ballgroups are still unkillable. This set has failed miserably.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    My theory remains that Dark Convergence drives more players away from ESO PvP than NW does.

High pop faction stacks are still unstoppable, proper ballgroups are still unkillable. This set has failed miserably.

Agree 100% !! hai btw ^^ @xylena_lazarow
  • lexicondevil99
    lexicondevil99
    ✭✭✭
    "Please move Dark Convergence Set to Vlastarus, Bruma or Cropsford (Quartermaster Npc) the deleted sets folder"

Fixed it for you

Edited by lexicondevil99 on October 26, 2021 11:00PM
  • lexicondevil99
    lexicondevil99
    ✭✭✭

Unkillable ball groups and zergs are now even more unkillable...THEY ARE UNKILLABLE-ER!!!!11
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sets worked for a while but Hrothgar was bugged and when that got fixed it was just a situational set... meaning it's only good against faction stacks and just big groups. Here is the kicker with that though, is the combat "bug" makes it hard to use Dressing Room or other add-ons to switch to this situational setup... so... essentially it's useless.

Dark Convergence is taking a hit in this next update, time will tell but it seems to be getting a nerf despite the crit chance. It will become a situational set which like Hrothgar means no one will use it because no one can switch to it because we are pretty much in perma-combat. I can see ball groups and guilds using this to pull people into ult dumps. I only say time will tell because it's hard to duplicate Grey Host conditions on the PTS but from the patch notes themselves so far this set has taken a hit.

Plaguebreak is fairly unused, might spike a bit in popularity but I doubt it will change much.