Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

chitinious armor

Peritye
Peritye
✭✭✭
the new armor is cool and all and there is an arms pack coming out for it but.... ITS NOT CHITIN, ITS CHAURUS!!! chitin armor is made from creatures in morrowind like shalks nix hounds etc. Chaurus armors are made from Chaurus creatures by the falmer (cursed snow elves). So please I get it that isntead of calling the Vvanderfell Glass Armor, yall changed it to Byuoant Armiger, but this is just plainly wrong. This isnt chitin, this is chaurus.
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chitin (C8H13O5N)n (/ˈkaɪtɪn/ KY-tin) is a long-chain polymer of N-acetylglucosamine, an amide derivative of glucose. This polysaccharide is a primary component of cell walls in fungi, the exoskeletons of arthropods, such as crustaceans and insects, the radulae of molluscs, cephalopod beaks, and the scales of fish and skin of lissamphibians,[1] making it the second most abundant polysaccharide in nature...

So being made from Chaurus exoskeleton definitely fits the description. It may not be LORE chitin like from Solstheim in Skyrim, but it is definitely a FORM of chitin. I can see how it might be confusing though to a TES vet. :)

Edited by WhyMustItBe on October 5, 2021 10:05AM
  • Peritye
    Peritye
    ✭✭✭
    [quote=

So being made from Chaurus exoskeleton definitely fits the description. It may not me LORE chitin like from Solstheim in Skyrim, but it is drfinitely a FORM of chitin. I can see how it might be confusing though to a TES vet. :) [/quote]

its not confusing. I know its made from chitin. I thought it was obvious so I left it out of the main post. But its not chitin armor, that already exists. its literally the chaurus armor from skyrim.
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confusing was probably the wrong word. I get the mismatch of expectations is all I meant.