Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[What If] You could Buy Guildhouse-Only Items...What Would You Want to Buy?

guarstompemoji
guarstompemoji
✭✭✭✭
Imagine if there were guildhouse-only items. Extravagant, creative things that you could contribute to your GH. What would you get, or want, if these were offered?

Please let your imaginings run wild! I'm crafting a GH, but can't help but wonder these "what ifs..."

Something that strikes me would be a placable party barge with adjustable lighting. Or, if riding were available in housing--a stable filled with purchasable mounts, that guildies could race around inside the hall with.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who loves housing items, such objects sound great- but I wouldn't want them to be GH only. I don't think such things should be bound or exclusive to guilds at all, nor do I think people should be made to "contribute" them to a guild in order to obtain or see them. It would be nice if furnishings geared towards that kind of use were created, where they cater to the needs of a large group, but make them accessible to everyone. Especially since there is no means with which to distinguish a guild house from a regular house.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I agree id hate them to be guild only, the transmutation station was (for me alone) a fairly pricey/time consuming thing to get, but i like having it for the decorative nature of the item alone, even though i don't really transmute things. Id hate for interesting or useful items to come along and be locked out just because it has to go in a guild hall, not my personal home.

Beyond that though items not so much but i always liked the idea of a "guildhall" with doors leading to individual personal "rooms/homes" bought/assigned to guild members. So you can go to the hall, use the stations, fight in the arena, hangout, then go through your personal door (loading screen) to your own private room/house/garden/whatever which you could lock or open to the guild to visit.

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would they be guildhouse-only, since you can set any house as a guild house (or am I missing something)?. I'd like the idea of extravaggant items focused on group utility but wouldn't like them to be somehow specific to certain houses only.
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    How would they be guildhouse-only, since you can set any house as a guild house (or am I missing something)?. I'd like the idea of extravagant items focused on group utility but wouldn't like them to be somehow specific to certain houses only.

To be sure. On the one hand, for it to work, Guilds would need to be able to "own" a house, that is true! I suppose I assumed this possibility in my original post.

This is very much a "what if/dream" post.

...but it's kind of devolved. My fault, I guess. And, those are valid concerns!

1. Why would someone want a GH tied to a guild?
    Guilds run into issues if a player leaves, or goes dormant. Having a house tied to a guild could be nice. Too, when a player leaves--anyone who'd donated to that GH finds all of their gifts, and effort...

...thrown...

...away...

2. Couldn't you bypass the idea of a GH-only furnishing by making your own guild?
    Well, yes.

3. So what's the point of anything?
    Outside of the reasons mentioned in #1, more possibilities ingame create more possibilities of things to dream about. What sorts of furnishings, utility items, would be useful in a GH and less so in a regular home?

Things truly big, grand, extravagant.

Sure, anyone could make their own guild, and splat items there. Or maybe even they're allowed to purchase and splat in your own personal housing.

But they'd be grand.

And cost a lot.

But they'd be fantastic.

4. A few folks wrote: But I hate being forced to donate to a GH!
    This is true. No one really likes to be forced into things. I even dislike that I have to eat breakfast on some days. :|

Allowing a guild to own its own GH though can also decrease the chance you'd be asked to--because the guild doesn't need to constantly reinvent, reinvent, reinvent and refurbish any time someone moves on.

These are not our problems, though. They're even moot:
    • anyone can still make their own guild
    • or items could be added to any house--they'd just be aimed at a guild, and be suitably grand, fantastic, and costly

One might as well ask: "Why have grand items at all?"

They're fun.

5. But people quitting and guilds being forced to make new halls gives Zos money! They'd never agree to it!
    GH-only furnishings, extravagant halls, etc. would also make $$. It may be more of a code limitation. It likely is; ESO being tied to console code adds certain restrictions. It's one of the main reasons the housing limit will never be increased.

6. But why bother at all?
    Dreams. Creativity. The fun of "what if?"

Edited by guarstompemoji on October 28, 2021 7:58AM