The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New to PvP- looking for any advice/ recommendations for stamdens.

wisteria001
wisteria001
Soul Shriven
I've been trying pvp after having fun during the last few events and recently have been doing a lot of battlegrounds. I've been searching for builds for stamdens and can't really find too much for this patch besides hrothgar. I have hrothgar, but I'm not sure what else to pair it with and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or for other sets or any rotation advice. I feel a little lost and just kind of diving into it. For example, sub assault is one of my strongest abilities for pve but I feel like I'm never hitting anyone with it in pvp. I like using a bow so I was trying to go down a poison route with the sub assault, but then the cliff chaser and swarm is a bleed damage and I use those too. Previously I've played my magsorc a lot but I love warden abilities and would like to have a good, strong PvP build for mine.
Any advice would be much appreciated :)
Thanks!
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used a simple combo: Sub assault then charge, they burst at the same time, then silver shards as they try to get away and heal.

Charge with maelstrom 2h and unleashed apply strong dot and all aoes.

But I didn't have cc and healing was weak for stam. My build was a lot more useful to assist group fights, not that I could kill a specific target fast.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    sad to day Hrothgar got the living stuffing nerfed out of it and it no longer hits anywhere near as hard as it did. You definitly chose one of the top performing classes, just go on youtube and see what the current meta build is, they are definlty easy mode.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrothgar was FOTM and was justifiably balanced (nerfed).

What I've found work really well for Stamden when soloing BGs is the following beefy brawler build:
    * Mark of the Pariah
    * Titanborn Strength
    * Engine Guardian
    * 2H / 1H + Shield

Pariah provides higher resistances as your HP drops.
    Similarly, TBS provides higher pen and weapon damage as your HP drops.

These sets synergize to make you a tough nut to crack.

You have good AOE damage via Sub Assault, Reverse Slice, and Stampede. You have a great spammable in Dizzing Swing.

Spell Wall on the backbar provides an amazing tool to survive and scramble when being pressured and focus fired.

Engine Guardian is an effective tool for sustain, and you can proc it out of combat to try to recover the other resource pool. And the summoned guardian can eat direct attacks.

I recommend the Polar Wind morph instead of Arctic Blast, because it gives you an off-heal that can bail an ally out of execute range.

Keep in mind that Stamden lacks on demand CC, aside from Dawnbreaker of Smiting. And this build lacks high burst, because you've got 2 non-offensive sets. But it still deals meaningful damage and is extremely durable.
    Edited by taugrim on October 2, 2021 5:38PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest damage you can do right now is Dark Convergence set, It hits much harder than most ultimates. It doesn't matter what class you use. It is completely over powered.

On stamden, you cast Shalk, throw razor caltrops on your target, (that procs Dark Convergence), then stampede in and finish with Dawnbreaker. The DC proc and shalks hits about the same time as DB.

Shalk is one of the strongest PVP abilites because you can cast it before aquiring a target.

Dark Convergence will get nerfed eventually but until then if you dont use it you will be giving up damage.

One your backbar you can go sword and board and Stamden has insane healing and defenses
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagon's Dominion synergizes well with Stamden, you can pair it with Pariah and Balorgh's. I had a lot of success with the setup pre-Hrothgar/Dark Convergence. DW (sharpened maces) and S&B or whatever else you feel like back barring.

Shalks, DBoS and Spin2win all benefit from Dagon. I tend to slot a ranged spammable like Cutting Dive or Silver shards as well, plus Bird of Prey and shuffle. It's a dungeon drop so it may be difficult to get weapons but it can be frontbarred so you can run Potato or Critical Riposte back bar as well, or something like 2 Agility to buff stam based heals.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeap, dagon + powerful assault backbar, masters perfected maul frontbar and balorgh makes for one overpovered group build. If running a group of 4 switch to echoing vigor and crossheal with allies. Dagon buffs the aoe vigor too.
    If you want a bulkier solo build, I agree with pariah titanborn.
    Since you like playing bow, you could also try medium clever alchemist on body (but heavy reinforced chest), balorgh, masters bow backbar, truth 2h frontbar with dizzying. This one hits like a trans-Siberian express, I have hit people back to Fungal Grotto from Cyrodiil.