Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rewards of the worthy QOL

sandblack
sandblack
✭✭
Hey Zenimax.

I am sick of getting rewards of the worthyspam in my mailbox that i have to delete to buy something from the auction house.

Is there any way of like, opting to getting gold, materials or like tripots or something? :P

All my bags are full of uncracked geodes and i am having a hard time picking up the mails and deconstructing all the items so i can have a functioning mailbox..

(i am sure there are 100 threads about this but.. *BUMP*)
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear people complain about anything. You're literally getting free stuff and you can't manage your mail so you're mad about being free stuff.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I swear people complain about anything. You're literally getting free stuff and you can't manage your mail so you're mad about being free stuff.

I actually have a similar issue, but only because I choose to open them all on one character. I am not complaining, as I can never have enough transmute stones, but during the times I am capped at 1000, have 100 geodes sitting in my inventory, it gets a tad problematic. I should probably just suck it up and get max bag space on a writ alt and use that one for storage as well.

Currently I only open 1 per day to make sure I get the geode, but when they get out of hand I say WTF and just open a slew, which generally has a 1/5 chance of another geode anyways.

Edited by Kwoung on October 6, 2021 1:02AM
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say the complaint is more about how they design systems to create player interaction; you can only get one geode per day.
    The cap on transmutation crystal is another thing in place to artificially make players interact more often.
    It wouldn't be an issue for players if we could (for example) only play once a week but for several hours in a row, but it sure seem to be an issue for ZOS. They'd rather have us log in every day.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all in favor of turning them into a currency that simply stacks up in your currency tab. Then you spend them on boxes from an NPC at your home base. They can even be the exact same rewards as they are now, except it removes the mail bloat and allows you to buy and open boxes at your own pace.

With ZOS seemingly very happy with their recent changes to the mail system to clean out old mail, this should be something they would be very happy to do.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want the stuff in them, break down or sell the stuff. If you have 100 geodes that you can't open, surely you have SOMETHING to transmute or reconstruct. PVPers are notorious for hording.
  • sandblack
    sandblack
    ✭✭

Its basically getting spammed with advertisements for things i dont need.

I transmute 1 piece of gear every 3 months.
    i dont need money.
    i dont need the gear from the pouches because i play in no cp pvp and the new sets are procsets.

@redspecter23 's idea was great.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free transmutes. Free mats. Free stuff to sell. Learn to manage your own mail.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sandblack wrote: »

i dont need money.
    i dont need the gear from the pouches because i play in no cp pvp and the new sets are procsets.

Well... then simply delete the emails since you apparently don't need or want them. They can't stop sending them, because most do want them, so if you don't, hit delete.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    sandblack wrote: »

i dont need money.

Well... then simply delete the emails since you apparently don't need or want them. They can't stop sending them, because most do want them, so if you don't, hit delete.

But deleting them takes so much time! 🙄