The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion: "Save up to 50% on ESO's Latest Chapter During The Bounties of Blackwood Sale"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
b0ci5w89u3pb.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the news article, "Save up to 50% on ESO's Latest Chapter During The Bounties of Blackwood Sale"

You can save big on The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood and the base game during our limited-time Bounties of Blackwood Sale.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 12, 2021 2:31PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Coerfroid
    Coerfroid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently, this is aimed at new customers or casual players that may consider upgrading because of the "rewards for Blackwood owners only"-event.
    Ok.
    I am subbed since 2018, I own all chapters (collectors edition) an have spend considerably on crowns. I guess that would qualify myself as a "satisfied existing customer" from a marketing point of view. One of the very first things you learn at marketing school is that existing customers are a most valuable asset in advertising, because they share their experience with friends and a lot of purchases are made based on recommendations.
    I would very much like to share my ESO experience and invite my significant other to play ESO. So I did the most natural thing and gifted her the Blackwood collection.
    Successful marketing? Not quite, Triying to purchase the game on the official website as a gift fails, because the option is not there. Support page confirms it: You can not gift the game. You are told to purchase a boxed version at a third party retailer.
    A boxed version? In 2021? Apparently, digging up antiquities is still a thing after Greymoor...
    So the base line of sales department is "If you want to gift a digital key, go to the likes of MMOGA!"
    That is a bit sad.
    To make it clear: I love this game, I wish to support it the best way and I like to recommend it to the ones I care.
    But I really wish, they re-think their marketing decissions.

(Oh, and I did buy a boxed version at amazon and had it shipped to my gf just in time for the event, so forget about the discount.)