The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

"Fashionable Friend"?

robwolf666
robwolf666
✭✭✭✭✭
How do you unlock this achievement?
I've given Mirri a new armour style and bow design, changed everything but the helmet, which for some reason doesn't show at the outfit station.
I've tried giving her a costume and changing it's colours.
For some reason it's not unlocking...
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figured it out... finicky to put it mildly.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what did you have to do to get it in the end?

It would be helpful to know, in case anyone else has the same problem later on.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    So what did you have to do to get it in the end?

It would be helpful to know, in case anyone else has the same problem later on.

Pretty sure you have to make sure they are not wearing a costume when you change their outfit.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have to create the outfit. Then remove it and put it on again.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    How do you unlock this achievement?
    I've given Mirri a new armour style and bow design, changed everything but the helmet, which for some reason doesn't show at the outfit station.
    I've tried giving her a costume and changing it's colours.
    For some reason it's not unlocking...

The "for some reason" the helmet doesn't show at the outfit station is because companions aren't intentionally not scripted to be able to wear headgear :)
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure you have to make sure they are not wearing a costume when you change their outfit.
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    You have to create the outfit. Then remove it and put it on again.

Both of these are correct.

I created the alt look for the armour on the Outfitter Station.
    Made sure the follower wasn't wearing a costume.
    (Unequipped) then Equipped "Outfit 1" in the Companion part of the Outfitter Station.
    You need also to back out of the Outfitter Station for the achievement to trigger.