The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Melee Magic

WarriorNinja9
WarriorNinja9
✭✭
all im looking for is a melee weapon that recovers magicka instead of stamina
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    all im looking for is a melee weapon that recovers magicka instead of stamina

Does not currently exist.

You can put a drain magicka glyph on it for a little help but not heavy attack to gain resources.
    PC NA
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can totally use melee weapons on a magicka build, but you will have to recover magicka in other ways than heavy attacks.

I play my magicka templar with dual wield, and I recover magicka from class recovery methods, minor magicka steal, and one recovery glyph on my jewelry. I don't use it but you can totally get recovery from food as well.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can go magic damage heavy increasing the chances of procing the magic damage status effect that comes with minor magicka steal, have a backbar resto staff for magicka recovering heavies, or use other mechanics like Warden's netch, vampire's health cost melee spammable, CP stars, DK's battle roar, Meditate, heavy attacking with the Psijic Order ability Mend Wounds, and other sustain mechanics. Sadly there are no melee weapons that restore magicka on heavy attacks, which isn't actually as bad as it sounds but I can see the appeal for one.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade siphoning strikes*** slotted + enchantment is how I play my Melee+Bow Magblade.

I'm sure they will make both weapon heavies restore both resources at some point OR you'll be forced to use a stave for magicka regen (I hope this isn't the case for majority other classes).

edit***
    Edited by Syrpynt on October 1, 2021 6:32AM