The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Finally got the Ring of the Pale Order, but I’m thinking I won’t use it

OmenRIP
OmenRIP
✭✭✭
Finally, after hours and hours of mindless drudgery, I finally got the Ring of the Pale Order. I’ve been lusting for it ever since it was introduced. Being a CP1348 pet-less solo PVE MagSorc, I thought it would be the bees knees to have it. But then along comes my Companion healer Mirri.

Mirri keeps me alive a LOT (all light - purple soothing gear) with the bone shield I slotted for her and her heals. With my Crit Surge rotation and Hardened Ward, we’ve tackled and beat dungeons that I never could have done without her (Darkshade Caverns II, Tempest Island, Unhallowed Grave, and White Gold Tower, to name a few from Undaunted). But then I get the RotPO and I think I’ve destroyed my build. Even though I get heals from the damage I do, I lost 892 Crit Chance and Minor Force from the loss of Medusa’s 5th set bonus.

I’m wearing 7 light: 2-piece Iceheart, 5-piece Mother’s Sorrow (body). I’m using 5-piece Medusa (Lighting staff on front; 3-pieces jewelry), topped off with a nMA Inferno staff on the back bar. I’m not slotting CA, so the passive Minor Force from Medusa is great. But so is the 20% healing from the RotPO. I’ve gone over and over these trade-offs, but I remain Istymied.

What say you, the Sages of ESO? Ring of the Pale Order - yay or nay?
Edited by OmenRIP on September 30, 2021 4:29AM
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    <deleted>
    Edited by OmenRIP on September 30, 2021 4:30AM
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can keep Medusa by wearing one heavy body piece at the loss of Iceheart, swapping to a split stat one piece like Swarm Mother, or crit from Slimecraw. But I'd agree, because of crit surge, the ring is the least helpful on a sorc, and especially if you have a companion healer as well.

Even if you don't end up using it most of the time, it will still be nice to have in your back pocket for something like vVH, where there's a lot of incoming damage from the adds on the last boss and you won't be able to bring a companion.
    PC NA
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    In solo arenas your Mirri can't help you. That's where pale order is really helpful.
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both. That mirrors what I’ve been thinking on how to use my RotPO. I guess my great desire for it came before the companion system. It’s less of a use to me know except in the situations you mentioned.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also depends a lot on your class. There's little point running it on a class with strong class heals like a warden or templar anyway.
    Too many toons not enough time