The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Convergence and the lag

Demode
Demode
Dark Convergence has a good purpose to fight big groups, but is too easy to use. It is really annoying to have it everywhere and have to break free on cooldown, but at least when there is no lag it is survivable. When big group is around and the lag becomes a big factor this set becomes an insta-kill. By the time your game client shows you that you're pulled, you are already seconds into it on server. I have "pull and insta-dead" situations a lot. Even when I understand on time I got pulled, I die on the third break-free attempt. In this situation, blocking does not work, because your break-free didn't work. The upcoming changes to this set, will mostly buff it in lag (it will pull more players and damage them more per target).

I really think this set should not be in the game. It kills diversity. Why do we need a ton of CC abilities in classes that require you to go in melee range to apply them (most of them single target), when you can have this set and spam AOEs around from a distance? It requires no skill or timing (unlike a good bombing for example) ... just throw AOE ... any AOE ... lag and the set will take care of the rest.
  • Demode
    Demode
    I remember Alcast doing this 1 bar mag sorc with pets build, to help people pass vMA easy. Maybe some popular PvP streamer should create 1 bar 1 skill build with Dark Convergence to show getting kills faster than most skilled players do.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno. Getting that dark convergence bubble to land up on the third floor of a keep actually takes a bit of practice. Particularly when everyone on the other side is lobbing dark convergence's down on you. And - if you're going pro - you really want a team to drop a few dark convergence bubbles in the same place so anyone who actually manages to break free roll dodges straight into another bubble. That doesn't just take skill, it takes real coordination.