Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

4 times in a row! FIX IT ZOS!

MikeSkyrim333
MikeSkyrim333
✭✭✭✭
I have studied almost all topics on the forum on how to fix a DK Leap in PVP, but none of the methods solved my problem. Gap closers just don't work

4 times in a row I went to BG and 4 times in a row Leap doesn't work. ZOS how can you allow this to happen?

Why are there no comments from you on this issue?

You say you're buffing DK in the next patch, but don't fix what you broke for a long time
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    which server is it? DK Leap surely works on me as I was repeatedly sent flying by the leap.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It work??? I mean every gap closer work, and leap work VERY WELL, and hit hard
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have studied almost all topics on the forum on how to fix a DK Leap in PVP, but none of the methods solved my problem. Gap closers just don't work

4 times in a row I went to BG and 4 times in a row Leap doesn't work. ZOS how can you allow this to happen?

Why are there no comments from you on this issue?

You say you're buffing DK in the next patch, but don't fix what you broke for a long time

On PC EU it happens regularly in Battlegrounds and in Imperial City. You generally have to die for it to 'hopefully' function again upon revival. It's a very annoying bug and a game breaking one you could say: No DK Ult (cheapest in the skills)...no resources back and no burst element to your dps as magicka.
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    It work??? I mean every gap closer work, and leap work VERY WELL, and hit hard

If it work for you it doesn't mean that it work for other. Check forum for similiar threads. It's a 1+ year bug
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People saying gap closers work, are missing the issue. The issue is not black and white. Everything works, some of the time. The issue is that they are not reliable. Leap in particular is part of a DKs burst and a way to secure a kill. When you press it and it doesnt fire, it puts you at a big disadvantage, because presumably, not only was your opponent likely on the ropes and now they can recover, but also, you yourself might be more vulnerable if you let your defense down to finish the kill. Building around gap closers is a very risky play these days, which hurts some classes more than others.

This issue is not limited to gap closers, but they seem to be more unreliable than a lot of other skills.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on September 29, 2021 6:13PM
  • Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭
    It's not going to be fixed ever. This problem has been brought up for years on the bugs forum, on the general forum, reported in-game and had videos posted over and over of it happening and where it's happening. When bugs like this pop up and it's not an easy fix for ZOS, they just ignore them. I know it's sucks but that's just the way it is.
    PC NA
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had it today in one BG. Charge failed most of time - it's shown as disabled.

IMO there is a very simple solution for this: no target lock, the leap is AoE and hits everyone equally in the area, so why target lock at all? Other AoE ultimates don't require a clear target.