The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CC spamming everywhere

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
@Zos Settle down with the cc spamming.

You don't need every single enemy to spam cc in order to make a game challenging.

Honestly you use it so much its just annoying.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you aren't taking advantage of "Unchained Aggressor" lol
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Let me explain it further:

If you're getting stunned that often, then at least take the free bonus Major Berserk to compensate some dps between stuns/CCs.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, in the original version of the game CC spamming by enemies used to be less common, but then there was an update some years ago that made it happen more often with attacks from lower tier enemies.
  • Rakdos
    Rakdos
    ✭✭
    slimwaffle wrote: »

You don't need every single enemy to spam cc in order to make a game challenging.

Like people mentioned above you could try Unchained Aggressor set to get free Major Berserk

Also, Zoal the Ever-Wakerful could help a lot. especially useful in the BG
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »

If you're getting stunned that often, then at least take the free bonus Major Berserk to compensate some dps between stuns/CCs.
    Rakdos wrote: »

Like people mentioned above you could try Unchained Aggressor set to get free Major Berserk

It would not change that there is too much cc in this game.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree. The stuttering pace of the combat this creates is really annoying sometimes. Maybe cc immunity time should be increased.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Immobilize Immunity is wayyyyyyyyyy too short at only 3s from roll dodge. This is what creates stop and go combat where you have Bombard spam bots and DK's constantly stalling combat. This 100% is too short.

Crowd Control Immunity (pull/stun) feels fine at 7s... although, Dark Convergence (pull doesn't apply immunity, the 1s stun does) has made this feel very short. Because the immunity isn't applied by the pull, you can get situations where multiple players proc DC around the same time in the same area, resulting in players YoYo'ing from 1 DC to another.. typically through Sorc's Mines which do a ton of damage.

Slows have been reduced over time so they're not as much of a problem. I remember a few years ago, every build needed a slow immunity skill like Forward Momentum or Shuffle and none of my builds rely on that anymore, instead opting for base movement speed from Swift/Elude. Around the time they released RAT, they rebalanced many skills in the game to not provide slow or if they did, it was only for 4s instead of the entire duration of the dot. Again.. DC has made this feel overtuned again because you can apply a 60% slow in a 10m radius along with the pull every 15s. When multiple people use this set in BG match, the entire game feels like crap.

So yeah it's important to note whats really causing the issues here as CC comes in 3 forms.

Immbolize = 3s immunity on roll dodge. Way too short.
    Stun = 7s immunity on break free. Completely fine, giving a good window to prepare for burst combo's or defense.
    Slows = Also fine and avoidable, not neerly as free for all as it use to be.

Delete Dark Convergence from the game.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 29, 2021 9:00AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Rakdos
    Rakdos
    ✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »

Rakdos wrote: »

It would not change that there is too much cc in this game.

The only annoying CC I can tell is the bow user spamming bombard.

but thats the only thing they can do. The rest of hard CC is ok-ish, since almost every CC need a GCD to do, and if you experience a lot either you are fighting a large group of ppl by yourself or you forget to CC break on time.

like I said, Zoal set is just amazing. it CCs others when they CC you, save you a GCD and help you both offensive&defensively.
    Edited by Rakdos on September 29, 2021 9:33AM
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    This wasn't a bg related post. This is an its everywhere in the game post.

I main a tank. So in group content I am constantly being spammed with cc. Knockbacks, stuns, immobilize, roots, slows. Most of it not being able to be purged. Being spammed over and over to where I can spend whole fights not being able to cast abilities. To where I will break free, roll and block and within a few seconds have no resources. Not because I can't sustain. But because I am escaping so many cc that I can't even throw a heavy attack to regain resources. I played one vet dungeon last night. Where this Minotaur just bashed me over and over every time I threw a heavy. And I died because I couldn't get any resources up.

I hear talk about immunity to cc. But from the perspective of someone who actually plays the game, I'm not seeing its effects.

VMA and Vet Vatashran (Solo content) not that hard. Its the cc spam that kills you every single time.

Any kind of delve or group content the developers have this way of going. We want it to be hard. So lets just make every single enemy spam cc.

PvP is just as bad. I have watched people just spam the craziest cc over and over. To where you can't fight back. Doesn't even have to be stuns. I once watched a Nightblade bow user troll me by just hitting me with a slow over and over and over the whole match. And I didn't once get any kind of immunity.

The cc in this game is handled terribly. Its used way to much and doesn't have anywhere near the level of immunity it should have (When it works). Because lets be real stuff breaks all the time and you can't tell if its working or not.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think OP is talking about annoying NPCs.

Like, you'll never die to them (in overworld), but so many of them stun or snare you.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    This wasn't a bg related post. This is an its everywhere in the game post.

I main a tank. So in group content I am constantly being spammed with cc. Knockbacks, stuns, immobilize, roots, slows. Most of it not being able to be purged. Being spammed over and over to where I can spend whole fights not being able to cast abilities. To where I will break free, roll and block and within a few seconds have no resources. Not because I can't sustain. But because I am escaping so many cc that I can't even throw a heavy attack to regain resources. I played one vet dungeon last night. Where this Minotaur just bashed me over and over every time I threw a heavy. And I died because I couldn't get any resources up.

I hear talk about immunity to cc. But from the perspective of someone who actually plays the game, I'm not seeing its effects.

VMA and Vet Vatashran (Solo content) not that hard. Its the cc spam that kills you every single time.

Any kind of delve or group content the developers have this way of going. We want it to be hard. So lets just make every single enemy spam cc.

PvP is just as bad. I have watched people just spam the craziest cc over and over. To where you can't fight back. Doesn't even have to be stuns. I once watched a Nightblade bow user troll me by just hitting me with a slow over and over and over the whole match. And I didn't once get any kind of immunity.

The cc in this game is handled terribly. Its used way to much and doesn't have anywhere near the level of immunity it should have (When it works). Because lets be real stuff breaks all the time and you can't tell if its working or not.

Yeah I know what you're talking about, I have had a few tanks, just have 3 left and only 1 that I use for serious content.

I'd rather:
    • let stamina regen while holding block, and stamina should regen faster while standing still (because you're not doing anything until you take the hit). To compensate: Increase the cost for blocking slightly, universally. Use similar rules as "Flesh Fortress."
    or
    • Have a world ability that converts magicka to stamina with a cast time or a small health cost. Yes yes, Sorc can find another perk for their regen morph abilities. Sorc shouldn't be the only class to turn magicka to stamina.
    Edited by Syrpynt on October 4, 2021 9:21AM