Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Miri keeps sweeping.

TequilaFire
TequilaFire
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I didn't know companions could do emotes. Seems my Miri has started doing the broom sweeping emote when we are idle.
Can't get her to stop and see nothing about it in the menus.
Is this normal?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks funny with Miri being Dark Elf and my character being Khajiit.
    Logging finally made her put her broom away, who knows where. :D
    Would be nice if there was more detailed info on what the companions can do.
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 26, 2021 3:05PM
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks funny with Miri being Dark Elf and my character being Khajiit.
    Logging made finally made her put her broom away, who knows where. :D
    Would be nice if there was more detailed info on what the companions can do.

This whole thread actually made me giggle. I wonder if they have "hidden" animations for when they are in homes for example, so she starts tiding up.

Perhaps ZOS is working on some interactions to make companions feel a little more alive.
    Edited by Marillea on September 26, 2021 3:03PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    babykubrow wrote: »
    ...I wonder if they have "hidden" animations for when they are in homes for example, so she starts tiding up.

You can't take companions in your home. When you go inside it leaves them outside.
    PCNA
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...I wonder if they have "hidden" animations for when they are in homes for example, so she starts tiding up.

You can't take companions in your home. When you go inside it leaves them outside.

They have houseguest versions tho
    PS4 EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

@TequilaFire Are you taking about the actual companion or the houseguest?
    PCNA
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd think they'd give them the same idles [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 26, 2021 4:06PM
    PS4 EU
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

@TequilaFire Are you taking about the actual companion or the houseguest?

Active companion running around in Reaper's March after doing a lot of scrying.
    So the rapport boost from that may have triggered it if intended.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Active companion running around in Reaper's March after doing a lot of scrying.
    So the rapport boost from that may have triggered it if intended.

Does she say anything while sweeping? I find this quite amusing. I am going to see if I can get her to sweep for me today.
    Edited by SilverBride on September 26, 2021 4:35PM
    PCNA
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why does it matter what mirri or bastian do when you are not in combat?

if mirri wants to sweep, let her. if bastian wants to complain about the temperature of his hands...

what difference does any of it make?
  • drunkendx
    drunkendx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they have "hidden" animations for when they are in homes for example, so she starts tiding up.

mirri likes cooking...
    A LOT...

She can't get near open fire without commenting about roasting scribs... on a "infrequent" setting
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you level your companion you can take them into your homes… as a house guest.

I had Bastion doing a moonwalk yesterday… he just wouldn’t stop until I re-logged….
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The actual companion and the house guest are completely different NPCs with very different behaviors. My Bastian and Mirri houseguests do not do anything but stand there or move around to follow a defined path if I have one set.
    PCNA
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waiting nearby a dolmen in Eastmarch and Mirri started sweeping up the snow :D
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    drunkendx wrote: »
    mirri likes cooking...
    A LOT...

She can't get near open fire without commenting about roasting scribs... on a "infrequent" setting

I do know that, it's the only companion I levelled up so I got to hear a lot from her.

I was mostly speculating really. I'd like to have companions with cool new interactions.
    Edited by Marillea on September 26, 2021 6:51PM
  • Its_MySniff
    Its_MySniff
    ✭✭✭
    why does it matter what mirri or bastian do when you are not in combat?

if mirri wants to sweep, let her. if bastian wants to complain about the temperature of his hands...

what difference does any of it make?

You do understand what general forums are for? What difference does it make if they discuss this?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirri when you catch a bug:

125-The-Scream-Edvard-Munch.jpg
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I have never seen anything more accurate on this forums, and it made me laugh more than it should have.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Bastian once was randomly start to sweeping too - I even documented this here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/585015/bastians-great-sweeping-adventure
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Hey come on, if you just made an acquaintance and they invited you out for a stroll, and they start attacking butterflies and bugs by pulling them apart, that’d be, um, pretty unsettling.

Although equally perturbing is games designer who thinks this is fine to harvest insects and stuff :#
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a thread here somewhere about Mirri sweeping after being near one of the NPCs who sweep. Can't find the thread offhand....
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I should sign her for my Football Manager Road to Glory save with Crewe Alexandra, I could do with a sweeper to keep things solid at the back.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    There was a thread here somewhere about Mirri sweeping after being near one of the NPCs who sweep. Can't find the thread offhand....

Yes, I remember this as well, there were other examples too in that thread.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    If they copy that nearby npc does that is very cool but it should be limited to the general area you are in like in an town or it get a bit weird like sweeping out in the wilderness.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree - doing it out of the area would only be logical if it was in a building or something.
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This was mentioned in last week's PTS notes, so the fix should eventually make its way to live:
    Reaper’s March
    Fixed an issue where Aniel in Thormar could cause your Companion to join them in sweeping.

Not clear from that whether it permanently affects them, but at least it's a known issue. Guess I'll stay away from Aniel in Thormar for the time being...
    Edited by mbeetley_ESO on September 27, 2021 3:26PM
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sweeps month is coming.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was mentioned in last week's PTS notes, so the fix should eventually make its way to live:
    Reaper’s March
    Fixed an issue where Aniel in Thormar could cause your Companion to join them in sweeping.

Not clear from that whether it permanently affects them, but at least it's a known issue. Guess I'll stay away from Aniel in Thormar for the time being...
    Going there as soon this one gets home B)
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, this happened while we were killing goblins between the Jodewood dolmen and Thormar so I guess you don't have to be that close to Aniel to pick up the bug.
    At least that answers my question whether it was intended or not. Thank you.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey come on, if you just made an acquaintance and they invited you out for a stroll, and they start attacking butterflies and bugs by pulling them apart, that’d be, um, pretty unsettling.

Although equally perturbing is games designer who thinks this is fine to harvest insects and stuff :#

If they then turned them into a potion that could cure me of pretty much anything instantly, I'd be pretty impressed.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested this and it trigger at once an companion get near Aniel at Thormar in Reaper Marsh.
    Mirril will sweep all the time and run around with the broom who is pretty hilarious.
    Porting out of Reaper Marsh will cure it, not sure if internal porting will do the same.

I say we made an nice maintenance crew :)
    CeqTe3nh.jpg
    Almost an shame to remove it then its so limited in scope.
    Edited by zaria on September 28, 2021 9:06AM