The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fps drops

milllaurie
milllaurie
✭✭✭✭
Hey! I have a desktop pc and after an update I am experiencing fps dropsnin cyrodiil.
My build is nothing fancy but totally decent for eso I suppose. RX570, 7th gen i5, 16gig ram.
I used to be getting 70-80 fps at all times, now it can drop to 20 in certain situations, mainly cyrodiil. It seems to like it there in 20-40 region.
Any tips? Anyone faced something similar?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 5, 2021 11:13PM

Best Answer

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This last update absolutely wrecked shop on my frames in Cyrodiil. During sieges and such in Cyrodiil I am now having to drop my resolution down to 1080 from 1440 in order to maintain a playable frame rate. It's absolutely tied to the shaders from spell effects which heretofore were not an issue.

I also experienced the uncapped FPS bug introduced by the multi-threading beta. After hearing some concerning coil whine coming from my card while the game was on the sign-in screen, I eventually put the pieces together and re-introduced a minimum frame time (now capped at 100 FPS).
    Answer ✓
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't noticed that.. but I have noticed an issue where the longer the game runs, the more my fps will freeze when I weapon swap. To the point where if the game is running for 8 hours (while I work on my other monitor) the weapon swapping stutter is not only a feeling, but a noticable delay and a drop in frames of about 50% for that split second.

Only fix is to restart the game.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Enabling multithreaded rendering can lead to high GPU/CPU usage since FPS will be uncapped. We also have our basic troubleshooting for performance issues listed here if you don't have multithreading enabled.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post