The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dark Convergence easy to avoid

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
Juts block. Yes just block while you are surrounded by several enemies. Just stand there and block while they spam their AoE on you.
My most sincere congratulations for this set, we really needed it.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the class that dropped it. If a Necro knows what they're doing, most people drop dead.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    There are also builds that are not intended to be blocked.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is most bizzare advice ever for the builds that don't stack sturdy. 2k stam per block, which can happen every 1/4s.

Say, you need to block for 3s, thats 24k stam. Only stam builds can do this, and they will be so horribly out of sustain that it most likely spells death.
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to avoid when it's literally every square inch of the entire battlefield. Your advice might work if I had 50 million stam to block with.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smiled at the OP. Then chuckled at the comments.

You guys missed the sarcasm. :smiley:
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In every single game, the team that either has Dark Convergence or is using Dark Convergence the best wins. Forget about flag games, we can't even have a decent death match with this abomination in the game!!!! I'm frustrated because we finally get all the deathmatch that we can handle and it's absolutely !RUINED! by Dark Convergence!
    Edited by StarOfElyon on September 30, 2021 3:52AM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another brick added to the wall of PvP issues. It's kind of a testimony to how devs are disconnected from their own game when it comes to PvP aspect of it. For every 1 decent change they make in PvP , they're adding multiple horrible ones.
    Edited by axi on September 30, 2021 4:22AM
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    Just another brick added to the wall of PvP issues. It's kind of a testimony to how devs are disconnected from their own game when it comes to PvP aspect of it. For every 1 decent change they make in PvP , they're adding multiple horrible ones.

I actually think PVP was getting to be a good state with the recent change to Battle Spirit.

It's just the new PVP AOE sets are stupidly faceroll in terms of effectiveness.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS don't fix Necro or Dark Convergence there would be no PVP. PVPers will finally leave this game!
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 shot sorc gank builds, magblade bombers and stamblade gank builds are easily countered like this too, just near permanently hold block in PvP zones, run so much health and resists that nothing is capable of 1 shotting you or both. People wonder why cyrodil is so trash to play, bad players and groups get rolled by cheesy garbage like this and just stack 35-40k health and never leave the sword and board bar to avoid being 1 hit. I would take pre set PvP loadouts over being able to use sets like this at this point.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget, it can still proc more than once from the same instance with zero CD. Surprised no one is abusing that bug to cheese PvE yet.
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seriously don't care of the set, I never died a single time to it and i play over 50 bgs per day, and I am at max elo.

The problem I had was hrothgar because was bugged and impossible to avoid, now it's nerfed barely hit me for 2k, so it's fine again.

The only annoying thing is when the DC radius bugs out and it still pull you even if you are out of the aoe cue.

Best strat is insta break free, pop snare removal and walk out of it; hold block in case of teams ulti dumps into the DC zone.

This patch was so dynamic and fun for me, yeah the sets lowered the skill gap tremendously between good and bad players, but at the end of the day who cares, it's a MMO where skill is made of metas and sets for at least a 75%, 25% is personal player skill, lag issues and computer specs.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amazing how some people can't see the original poster's sarcasm/advise
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamma71 wrote: »
    Hard to avoid when it's literally every square inch of the entire battlefield. Your advice might work if I had 50 million stam to block with.

Use Shuffle and dodge roll out of it. I find shuffle skill is most valuable against DC and other AoE abilities. I also use Flare on my back bar and instantly swap to it when I get pulled in for an additional 10% damage reduction. Does it work all the time, no but about 50% of the time it does. :smile:
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Use Shuffle and dodge roll out of it. I find shuffle skill is most valuable against DC and other AoE abilities.

Brb, lemme just equip medium armor and shuffle on my mag toons. 🤷‍♂️
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    REiiGN15 wrote: »
    [snip]

It is blockable. All of it, damage including.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 1, 2021 12:46PM
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    I seriously don't care of the set, I never died a single time to it and i play over 50 bgs per day, and I am at max elo.

The problem I had was hrothgar because was bugged and impossible to avoid, now it's nerfed barely hit me for 2k, so it's fine again.

The only annoying thing is when the DC radius bugs out and it still pull you even if you are out of the aoe cue.

Best strat is insta break free, pop snare removal and walk out of it; hold block in case of teams ulti dumps into the DC zone.

This patch was so dynamic and fun for me, yeah the sets lowered the skill gap tremendously between good and bad players, but at the end of the day who cares, it's a MMO where skill is made of metas and sets for at least a 75%, 25% is personal player skill, lag issues and computer specs.

I love this, Hrothgar was bugged and .... impossible to avoid, this was the most easy set to avoid the proc. chug a pot to prevent getting stunned, block to prevent getting stunned, roll dodge to prevent getting stunned.. and you say not that it only hits you for 2k and no longer a threat to you its finally ok... talk about lack of learning to adapt. the longer that set was in use the less effective it was because people learned how to avoid it.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »

I love this, Hrothgar was bugged and .... impossible to avoid, this was the most easy set to avoid the proc. chug a pot to prevent getting stunned, block to prevent getting stunned, roll dodge to prevent getting stunned.. and you say not that it only hits you for 2k and no longer a threat to you its finally ok... talk about lack of learning to adapt. the longer that set was in use the less effective it was because people learned how to avoid it.

This set is the single worst thing thats happened to pvp. It completely shuts down offensive windows unless you are a magsorc fighting from 40 meters away. The set has been known to pull you through roll dodge and cc immunity. "just hold block" okay and then 2 more DC get dropped on you while you are getting hit by other abilities so when can you stop holding block ? It makes pvp not fun.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »

Use Shuffle and dodge roll out of it. I find shuffle skill is most valuable against DC and other AoE abilities.

Brb, lemme just equip medium armor and shuffle on my mag toons. 🤷‍♂️

I put class heal on front bar to survive that.

It's not the damage that kills. With resto staff all the damages can be eaten easily but aoes frequently interfere with bar swapping and ability firing, and DC makes it much worse whether I get stunned or not.

Starting with the most recent update I even have old abilities fired after bar swap and new ability on the current bar, which completely confused me in battle. Now I have to bind strongest heals to both bars on the same button and whenever I get into DC I spam either heals.
    Edited by moo_2021 on October 3, 2021 12:14AM
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭

This set is the single worst thing thats happened to pvp. It completely shuts down offensive windows unless you are a magsorc fighting from 40 meters away. The set has been known to pull you through roll dodge and cc immunity. "just hold block" okay and then 2 more DC get dropped on you while you are getting hit by other abilities so when can you stop holding block ? It makes pvp not fun.

I second that, it really is the worst thing EVER done to pvp. They could leave the set as it is but change to only work with PVE. Change it so it says something like "to non player enemies" like some other sets/abilites do.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »

I second that, it really is the worst thing EVER done to pvp. They could leave the set as it is but change to only work with PVE. Change it so it says something like "to non player enemies" like some other sets/abilites do.

By far the worst thing. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 1, 2021 12:45PM