The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Volendrung Questions

CrashTest
CrashTest
✭✭✭✭✭
Does the hammer spawn in a specific pattern, according to a certain condition, or is it random? For example, does it spawn in order (DC land, then EP land, then AD land), or does it spawn according to population (spawns in the lowest/highest populated faction), or some other determining factor?

How often does it spawn? Every hour, 2 hours, etc.?

How long does it last? Some say you can extend its active time by killing players - is this true?
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone knows for sure. Here are my observations.

I think it's 33% to spawn for any alliance.

I think the highest likely spots (by a mile) are behind each alliance's main gate.

The next likely spots are just outside their main gates, by the nearest home keep. For example, there's a spawn point just north of KC.

The rest of the spawn points throughout Cyro seem to be dormant. It's been a long time since I've seen one pop up at any of those locations.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that too.

Also, it's strange that there's no info about this, not even in the game's built-in help.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its supposed to be weighted towards the most disadvantaged alliance, though what 'disadvantaged' means is kinda nebulous. Honestly I haven't seen any sort of pattern that would indicate the hammer actually having any sort of preference.

Ive seen it spawn behind the gate of the 1st place alliance when they own 2/3rds of the map as much as ive seen it spawn for the last place alliance when they are pushed almost to their gates.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "