The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Misrepresenting to get a faster que.

depravity_influence
This may be very karenish and snow-flaky but I would like to hear ya'lls opinion on this matter, though I'm sure its all been said before. There has been an ongoing plague while doing dungeons that is very troubling to some players. The act of misrepresenting a class to get a faster que. Its mainly in pugs and I know you take the risk of it every time you decide to pug a dungeon and I've accepted that and I really don't mind as long as you can "hold you own". The majority of us can identify the player is not the class they qued as by the first boss. Sure we can vote to kick that player but that won't stop them from doing it again.

So would this rule from the ESO Codes of Conduct 2.7 You will not intentionally mislead, trick, con, swindle, deceive, hustle, grift or attempt to defraud another user, guest or ZeniMax staff member/teams using ZeniMax sites and services. Confidence schemes, trade scams, impersonations or other actions which involve tricking people using false or bogus information in an attempt to misrepresent intent or in an effort to defraud others for personal gain is strictly forbidden be used to report a player.

I am aware that this has been happening for a long time now and will continue to happen until players are punished for this action. Now most of yall will say that this is an mmo meant to be played with friends or that players should join a guild and play with guildies but I dont think we should have to do that. I love solo play in this game, I feel it forces you to learn your class and skills and I'm not knocking guilds or those that are in them. We all need to learn from somewhere.

So please give some input into the issue and maybe, maybe the devs will read this and try to correct the issue from our suggestions (but with all the other changes I'm not holding my breath). Investigation into a reported player takes times but if the penalty such as losing the option to do dungeons and trails for a day is enforced then I feel that more and more players would be inclined to report other players who lie just to get a faster que.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about when someone is vote kicked, you'll be able to use pre-made tags to describe why they were kicked (toxicity, wrong role, inactive, etc.).

If someone has been kicked too many times (ex: 3×), they are given a temporary ban of like a day from using the finder. They are sent the tags used to justify the kick and are given the opportunity to defend themselves in order to remove the ban faster. ZOS can use eso logs/chat history to determine if a taunt was used during the run, if the player just followed others while looting instead of fighting, if a heal was used, if they were verbally abusive, etc.

If a player was found to be abusing the kick feature for whatever reason, they can also be subject to a temporary dungeon finder ban.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Skinfaxe_DK
    I definitely hope that the trend of fake-queueing can be remedied somehow. Not only is it disrespectful and selfish but also often "justified" with ignorant arguments like "Tank is not needed for normal..." etc. which neatly ignores the the implied presupposition that the rest of the group is viable and can (and will) make up for the potential gaps and mechanics. I personally don't mind a player slotting a few tank skills (taunt, chain etc.) and then queue as tank (implied that the player will play the tank role sufficiently) though I consider that the minimum (and it is a low bar indeed). Anything else is simply not acceptable when grouping with random (fellow) players.
    A solution could be to provide a 2nd queue option which didn't require the standard group composition of Tank, Healer and 2*Damage dealers. That would allow for selfish players to queue with like-minded players while allowing other players to continue to queue for group content and group play.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except a 2nd queue wouldn't benefit anyone. If everyone knows the second queue is going to pop faster than the 1st queue which queue do you think everyone will be in?

And sadly those in the 1st queue will find it harder and harder to get a dungeon run because the majority will be in the second queue.
  • Skinfaxe_DK
    I'm not sure I understand - isn't the reason for fake-queueing that the queue pops faster (almost instantly)? Sure, it might go slightly faster with no roles, but that doesn't mean that the other (normal) queue will loose all players.
    I believe the issue is that some "want it over with" and thus fake-queue (usually at the expense of other group members) while others actually do find enjoyment in contributing to the group and experience (including the players who do choose to meet the minimum I described above).
    I do agree that it shouldn't be necessary with separate queues as; when you "sign on" to participate in a small group activity involving co-operative group play (to a varying degree depending on the group and specific dungeon of course), you respect and engage in that content on that basis. I presented with the option to basically omit most commitment and "co-player" or social involvement I'm not sure it's a given that the majority will prefer the option.
    Another solution could be an option to queue as casual (normal) and experienced (skip, pull and fake-queue as you like).
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you tank, you need to be able to block damage well, apply breaches to the enemy, and also pull mobs.

How they do it I don’t care.

I just have these 3 criteria I look for when tank and I do these 3 mainly when I tank as well.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be very karenish and snow-flaky but I would like to hear ya'lls opinion on this matter, though I'm sure its all been said before. There has been an ongoing plague while doing dungeons that is very troubling to some players. The act of misrepresenting a class to get a faster que. Its mainly in pugs and I know you take the risk of it every time you decide to pug a dungeon and I've accepted that and I really don't mind as long as you can "hold you own". The majority of us can identify the player is not the class they qued as by the first boss. Sure we can vote to kick that player but that won't stop them from doing it again.

So would this rule from the ESO Codes of Conduct 2.7 You will not intentionally mislead, trick, con, swindle, deceive, hustle, grift or attempt to defraud another user, guest or ZeniMax staff member/teams using ZeniMax sites and services. Confidence schemes, trade scams, impersonations or other actions which involve tricking people using false or bogus information in an attempt to misrepresent intent or in an effort to defraud others for personal gain is strictly forbidden be used to report a player.

I am aware that this has been happening for a long time now and will continue to happen until players are punished for this action. Now most of yall will say that this is an mmo meant to be played with friends or that players should join a guild and play with guildies but I dont think we should have to do that. I love solo play in this game, I feel it forces you to learn your class and skills and I'm not knocking guilds or those that are in them. We all need to learn from somewhere.

So please give some input into the issue and maybe, maybe the devs will read this and try to correct the issue from our suggestions (but with all the other changes I'm not holding my breath). Investigation into a reported player takes times but if the penalty such as losing the option to do dungeons and trails for a day is enforced then I feel that more and more players would be inclined to report other players who lie just to get a faster que.

Interesting.

So queuing as a damage dealer but not using damage skills would also be against the rules. Good
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with this is that sometimes the "fake" group member are actually better (or at least facilitate the run) than the "real" ones.

The game is full of honest people who are inexperienced or just not as skilled; they are the ones who would get punished in any scheme trying to prevent "fake" people in groups.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue with this is that sometimes the "fake" group member are actually better (or at least facilitate the run) than the "real" ones.

The game is full of honest people who are inexperienced or just not as skilled; they are the ones who would get punished in any scheme trying to prevent "fake" people in groups.

I was surprised in the vet Cauldron a few days ago,halfway through the fake tank said “is this not normal? Oops I’m sorry.” They died a couple times, but there weren’t any wipes. There were no debuffs on anything but they did slightly under 1/2 the damage so it actually wasn’t a bad experience. I did it again yesterday with a real tank and there were plenty of wipes
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is what concerns me about threads like these. They always seem to head in the direction of punishment. I am not one who thinks this is the answer to the problem.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only is it disrespectful and selfish but also often "justified" with ignorant arguments like "Tank is not needed for normal..." etc..
    They say it because it's true.

People solo normals, even vets.

4 dd's would get through the normal faster than a traditional group.

2 good dd's would get through a normal faster than a traditional group.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 12, 2021 11:22AM
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    Not only is it disrespectful and selfish but also often "justified" with ignorant arguments like "Tank is not needed for normal..." etc..

[snip]

Same thing can be said with fake roles: They are being [snip] and instead of actually doing their job by taunting and holding off the boss, they kite like scrubs spoiling the experience of low level players and casuals.

[edited for profanity bypass & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 12, 2021 11:23AM
  • Skinfaxe_DK

[snip]

"True" is of no relevance in this context as it is used to justify a selfish perspective in a group activity. Just because some players can solo certain content and therefore really don't need any support from the group, doesn't justify or validate that fact to the rest of the group as they didn't sign on to "tag along", and the presupposition is disrespectful and lacks simple decency when participating in a group activity with other players.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 12, 2021 11:23AM
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    My solution for this would be useful in any content of the game:

When you select your "role" in the group menu, your character gets buffs and debuffs according to their roles:
    • Tank: +10% buff potency, +10% healing received potency, -10% damage potency.
    • Healer: +10% healing done potency, +10% buff potency, -10% damage potency.
    • Dps: +10% damage potency, -10% healing done potency,

This keeps people from faking roles, and could be applied similar to how "Battlespirit" is applied in status FX.

The 10% values can be increased to further gap the roles, and increasing dependency on the others. Of course, group content would need a rebalance also--but nothing too difficult for the ZoS team.

But you know, people who dislike this idea are probably the fakers. \o/
    Edited by Syrpynt on September 27, 2021 7:33AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »

When you select your "role" in the group menu, your character gets buffs and debuffs according to their roles:

This keeps people from faking roles, and could be applied similar to how "Battlespirit" is applied in status FX.

The 10% values can be increased to further gap the roles, and increasing dependency on the others. Of course, group content would need a rebalance also--but nothing too difficult for the ZoS team.

Actually... I dislike this idea, and I am not a tank. Not even a fake one.

1. What is the incentive to tank and heal? Just to be better at it?
    2. DPS is king in this game. People will see the +10% damage buff and queue as DPS. They won't even see the rest.
    3. I have seen cases where players need to cross roles to avoid a wipe and this will penalize that.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Actually... I dislike this idea, and I am not a tank. Not even a fake one.

1. What is the incentive to tank and heal? Just to be better at it?
    2. DPS is king in this game. People will see the +10% damage buff and queue as DPS. They won't even see the rest.
    3. I have seen cases where players need to cross roles to avoid a wipe and this will penalize that.

I have 1 healer, and 3 tanks--and it doesn't incentivize people to queue as just dps, because dps wait times would just be longer for them if they are tank or healer and queue as dps. Trust me, I tank or heal specifically because my queue times are shorter and just hope that I get strong dps to make the longer dungeons go faster (unless people have quest, then I have patience).

1. No need to have incentive to tank and heal beyond the existing sets. I literally have one of my tanks as a Magblade Tank/Healer hybrid that can handle vet DLC content, I speak from experience, we don't need this passive I proposed to make my character "viable". The point of this is to incentivize people to NOT queue as tank or healer to just "get their crystals and be done with it." There are more fake tanks and healers than fake dps. You know what I call fake dps? "Players still learning the game" or "casuals." And there's nothing wrong with that.

2. A tank doing 5k dps or even 13k dps will only get 1.3k dps boost tops. Who cares? The game mechanics certainly won't allow that to break anything as much as burning down bosses on dps as is.

3. Cross roles to avoid wipe: So at least 1 or 2 players were so bad at their primary roles in that particular dungeon that they had to do something different than intended dungeon delve group formation? That sounds like a niche and personal situation, and the rest of us shouldn't suffer fake tanks and fake healers just to cater to those few who came into a dungeon unprepared. EDIT: I hate to sound rude, but it's tough love. One can't just "will" themselves to beat a Vet DLC dungeon with sub-optimal gear for their role, or at least not enough "correct" skills needed to complete their roles. 4 dps self-healing and dodging the boss' heavy attacks because no one has enough damage mitigation is a personal/team issue--partly because people are faking support roles! haha
    Edited by Syrpynt on September 27, 2021 3:02PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 1 healer, and 3 tanks--and it doesn't incentivize people to queue as just dps, because dps wait times would just be longer for them if they are tank or healer and queue as dps. Trust me, I tank or heal specifically because my queue times are shorter and just hope that I get strong dps to make the longer dungeons go faster (unless people have quest, then I have patience).

You have a healer and three tanks. You are, literally, not the problem. :smile:

As near as I can tell from observation... The reason that there are fake tanks is because queue times are too long and people lack patience, or time, to sit around. If they queue up as a rare participant, they get right in. This is similar to the reason some PUGs turn into speed runs. There really isn't an effective form of punishment, or mix of reward and punishment, that can fix that situation.
    1. The point of this is to incentivize people to NOT queue as tank or healer to just "get their crystals and be done with it."

This only works when a DPS debuff becomes significant, which is just adding more punishment. I am sure that a few people would shy away and pull out the crosses and garlic, just because it "hurts DPS". Others may just suck it up and take it so they can get the dungeon done quickly, or simply stop doing PUG dungeons. In the long run, situation does not get better.

However, the point of my objection was to point out that there is no added incentive to become a tank or healer other than to just "be better".
    2. A tank doing 5k dps or even 13k dps will only get 1.3k dps boost tops. Who cares? The game mechanics certainly won't allow that to break anything as much as burning down bosses on dps as is.

The player can join the Tank Brigade, and since the damage is already pitifully low, they won't mind if it gets nerfed more? Alternately, they can just pull out the DPS that we know they have, and do the same dungeon with a DPS buff. Sure, they might have to wait a little longer, but when they get in, it will be quality buffed DPS fun.

There is no quantitative way to say that a buff to healing or buff potency makes up for the nerf to damage. Taking the DPS role, with a DPS character, is the simple answer for anyone who is not a "career" healer or tank.
    3. Cross roles to avoid wipe: So at least 1 or 2 players were so bad at their primary roles in that particular dungeon that they had to do something different than intended dungeon delve group formation? That sounds like a niche and personal situation, and the rest of us shouldn't suffer fake tanks and fake healers just to cater to those few who came into a dungeon unprepared. EDIT: I hate to sound rude, but it's tough love. One can't just "will" themselves to beat a Vet DLC dungeon with sub-optimal gear for their role, or at least not enough "correct" skills needed to complete their roles. 4 dps self-healing and dodging the boss' heavy attacks because no one has enough damage mitigation is a personal/team issue--partly because people are faking support roles! haha

Tough love is what creates toxic environments in games like this. Sometimes people don't know the mechanics. Sometimes they are at their level of maximum incompetence and simply cannot do better than they are. Sometimes they just aren't yet ready for the challenge. These are PUGs, not organized groups. You take the hand you are dealt, or take your marbles and find another group.

The bottom line as far as I am concerned is that any "fake tank mitigation" that does not encourage players to try tanking, or try healing, so that they can FAIL and get better, isn't really a good idea. It is worse if it manages to punish people for trying and failing, so that they go away and stop trying.

• Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    ...As near as I can tell from observation... The reason that there are fake tanks is because queue times are too long and people lack patience, or time, to sit around. If they queue up as a rare participant, they get right in. This is similar to the reason some PUGs turn into speed runs. There really isn't an effective form of punishment, or mix of reward and punishment, that can fix that situation...
    Yes, that is the reason. But cutting in line and lying about what they will be doing for the group is a waste of time if you get pulled into a DLC dungeon and the fake tank then DROPS GROUP right at the start, making dps and healer wait for another RARE role, or drop the whole group and requeue. This pisses off the DPS more than anything, because their queue times are longer! Just because I have tanks doesn't mean I don't like to queue as dps occasionally. So this observational comment is not a supporting argument as to why we shouldn't punish people faking roles.
    1. The point of this is to incentivize people to NOT queue as tank or healer to just "get their crystals and be done with it."

This only works when a DPS debuff becomes significant, which is just adding more punishment. I am sure that a few people would shy away and pull out the crosses and garlic, just because it "hurts DPS". Others may just suck it up and take it so they can get the dungeon done quickly, or simply stop doing PUG dungeons. In the long run, situation does not get better.

However, the point of my objection was to point out that there is no added incentive to become a tank or healer other than to just "be better".

"hurts dps"--the game should be balanced for a standardized PUG formation. No one is forcing people to group in those roles if they want to hop into a dungeon with 3 of their guildies or friends and try different stuff and practice, as you say--But while in a PUG, you respect PUG rules: Don't fake your role, or there (should) be consequences. That's a big assumption that people will stop doing dungeons if they have to actually DO what they told the DF and their group what they would do... Not a good argument beyond speculation. At least I was trying to come up with a balanced solution that shouldn't hurt anyone but the fakers. People want to run 4 dps healer hybrids? Sure, but don't use DF unless you have a full team!

The player can join the Tank Brigade, and since the damage is already pitifully low, they won't mind if it gets nerfed more? Alternately, they can just pull out the DPS that we know they have, and do the same dungeon with a DPS buff. Sure, they might have to wait a little longer, but when they get in, it will be quality buffed DPS fun.

There is no quantitative way to say that a buff to healing or buff potency makes up for the nerf to damage. Taking the DPS role, with a DPS character, is the simple answer for anyone who is not a "career" healer or tank.
    Then why are you using dungeon finder if you can form a tank brigade, for crystals? Dungeon finder with daily rewards is to promote the standard PUG formation style groups, and to play in a group that plays with a standard formation. Again, this is somewhat exploitative, and you can do it--but you shouldn't mind the penalties for your niche scenario so that the rest of PUG players suffer fake roles just so someone can bypass roles and still get crystals or "practice".

There is a quantitative way to make up for it: You add it to your effects just like Battlespirit does in PvP. The effect there mitigates healing and damage shields effectively. Boosts can be done in the same manner. That is a denial statement with evidence stacked against it.

Tough love is what creates toxic environments in games like this. Sometimes people don't know the mechanics. Sometimes they are at their level of maximum incompetence and simply cannot do better than they are. Sometimes they just aren't yet ready for the challenge. These are PUGs, not organized groups. You take the hand you are dealt, or take your marbles and find another group.

The bottom line as far as I am concerned is that any "fake tank mitigation" that does not encourage players to try tanking, or try healing, so that they can FAIL and get better, isn't really a good idea. It is worse if it manages to punish people for trying and failing, so that they go away and stop trying.

Tough love is not toxic, it's telling others to learn how to be courteous to your other groupmates since it's a team effort, and knowing is half the battle (thank's GI Joe). Toxic is like how I was when I FIRST started ESO in 2016 and joined as a "tank" with sword and shield but didn't equip puncture and told the other teammates "that's not how I play" and got kicked for it. I deserved it because I was being a punk. THAT is toxic behavior.

If you're faking roles in a PUG, it's wasting others' time if you can't properly equip a 1H&shield or Restoration Staff or wearing heavy armor focused on damage mitigation before joining dungeon finder. Yeah, tanking isn't fun when you start out, but eventually when you get practice in, you can deviate and have some fun. Practice in the overworld, group with strangers at a wayshrine and offer to be a healer or tank--you're bound to find someone who'd love to have some support while burning down mobs for a +10% bonus in experience. As a tank, I even ask if people know mechanics right at the start of complex dungeons to make sure the newbies learn first try and why. THIS is tough love, steadfast to the rules but showing care to those who don't know why it's that way.

Your arguments are not logical enough, so please directly answer these questions with clear examples for the large majority of players running Dungeon Finder PUGs, please:
    And how would a tank fail as a tank, worse than now if they have a healing received buff and bonus to their executed buff abilities?
    How would a healer fail their role worse than now if they had healing given bonus and boost to their executed buff abilities?
    How would a dps fail their role worse than now if they had damage given bonus?

Thanks~
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough love is not toxic

Yeah, it pretty much is. Sorry.

• nesmewno
    nesmewno
    ✭✭
    90% of the vet dungeons go into the tank + 3DD
    Half of the vet dungeons close are solo
    It's funny to see scream pugs when there is no heal in the normal version
  • Shepoffire
    Shepoffire
    ✭✭✭
    Get three friends and decide what roles. Using the finder is like a grab bag. It’s a game at the end of the day don’t let it ruin your life
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, it pretty much is. Sorry.
    ...tough love, steadfast to the rules but showing care to those who don't know why it's that way...

Please explain:
    1. How teaching mechanics and how to do roles, and expecting people to perform those mechanics in a group environment is toxic?
    2. How my proposed buff and debuff for each role would hurt those roles in a standard PUG environment (that aren't faking)?
  • Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭
    If it's normal or vet non-dlc, does it really matter? I would prefer 3-4 DD's in those instances so I can get in and get out as fast as possible.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's normal or vet non-dlc, does it really matter? I would prefer 3-4 DD's in those instances so I can get in and get out as fast as possible.

some people have to much time and prefer to waste it by 1. running a dungoen slower 2. complaining about everyone who doenst wanna be slow
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that is the reason. But cutting in line and lying about what they will be doing for the group is a waste of time if you get pulled into a DLC dungeon and the fake tank then DROPS GROUP right at the start, making dps and healer wait for another RARE role, or drop the whole group and requeue. This pisses off the DPS more than anything, because their queue times are longer! Just because I have tanks doesn't mean I don't like to queue as dps occasionally. So this observational comment is not a supporting argument as to why we shouldn't punish people faking roles.

yea but me for example - i would do that regardless of if i am fake tanking / healing / playing as normal dd - and simply because i expect ALWAYS if i queue with randos that i have to do everything (sure there are some good randoms but most of the time they are not and by just running dungoens i can easily solo clear i safed lots of time) and if its a dlc dungoen i dont expect the randoms to be better than all the time = even if i could clear the dungoen i ll still leave cause the trouble is just not worth the effort
    "hurts dps"--the game should be balanced for a standardized PUG formation. No one is forcing people to group in those roles if they want to hop into a dungeon with 3 of their guildies or friends and try different stuff and practice, as you say--But while in a PUG, you respect PUG rules: Don't fake your role, or there (should) be consequences. That's a big assumption that people will stop doing dungeons if they have to actually DO what they told the DF and their group what they would do... Not a good argument beyond speculation. At least I was trying to come up with a balanced solution that shouldn't hurt anyone but the fakers. People want to run 4 dps healer hybrids? Sure, but don't use DF unless you have a full team!

eso ALWAYS uses the term "play how you want" if i wanna play a tank without spot and medium gear why should that be forbidden but dds with heavy armor and sword and board not ? (btw for real i saw once a serious tank build without spot xD)
    players suffer fake roles
    obviously not cause many complain that the dungoen is completet to fat by evil speedrunner fake queue tanks -
    faster = better for everyone
    If you're faking roles in a PUG, it's wasting others' time
    wrong again 3 dds obviously can clear dungoens faster than 2 (speaking of non dlc dungoens)
    3>2 you know ?

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't enjoy liars...yesterday I was doing a non-vet run through ICP, and the tank wanted to know if it was okay to "not really tank". Both the DPS's said they were fine, I said I'd like you to have a taunt and a pull, and other than that I'm not gonna care.

Tank was low health, clearly not with actual tank toughness, kept running ahead and what a shock, got too far from the healer, and died. Several times.

Got to the island fight, clearly no taunt as boss was all over the "island" major PITA for the healer, and of course at least one death.

It took a LOT longer because we kept having to rez each other. Without a proper tank, unless you have spectacular DPS (and most people are not quite as good as they think they are) it takes longer, and the healer gets blamed.

Really annoying.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    yea but me for example - i would do that regardless of if i am fake tanking / healing / playing as normal dd - and simply because i expect ALWAYS if i queue with randos that i have to do everything (sure there are some good randoms but most of the time they are not and by just running dungoens i can easily solo clear i safed lots of time) and if its a dlc dungoen i dont expect the randoms to be better than all the time = even if i could clear the dungoen i ll still leave cause the trouble is just not worth the effort

If you're doing a non-dlc normal dungeon (and some vet non-dlc dungeons) like this, fine.
    But you also admit that you drop group on random normal dlc dungeons? You're literally why dps have to wait ages for another healer or tank, or the group fails and all that time is wasted. You only prove my point further. We need a buff and debuff for every role to make sure people learn how to do their roles for mechanics. Random normals are where people are starting out and your rushing doesn't teach new players anything, you're just there for your own wants/needs and don't care who gets neglected along the way. THIS is toxic behavior.
    eso ALWAYS uses the term "play how you want" if i wanna play a tank without spot and medium gear why should that be forbidden but dds with heavy armor and sword and board not ? (btw for real i saw once a serious tank build without spot xD)
    Yes, play how you want, but you can't hinder other's experiences because of how you play, it's rude. If you want to play like that, get guildies or friends to run with you on 4 dps. Don't rush noobies doing quests and not explain how mechanics work. That does nothing for anyone, as previously mentioned.

wrong again 3 dds obviously can clear dungoens faster than 2 (speaking of non dlc dungoens)
    3>2 you know ?

Until DLC and non-DLC dungeons are distinguished in Dungeon Finder queues, you're wasting people's time when you drop group. It may not be everytime, but you don't seem the apologetic type for it either. Further iterating who is perpetuating toxic behavior and shenanigans.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're doing a non-dlc normal dungeon (and some vet non-dlc dungeons) like this, fine.
    But you also admit that you drop group on random normal dlc dungeons? You're literally why dps have to wait ages for another healer or tank, or the group fails and all that time is wasted. You only prove my point further. We need a buff and debuff for every role to make sure people learn how to do their roles for mechanics. Random normals are where people are starting out and your rushing doesn't teach new players anything, you're just there for your own wants/needs and don't care who gets neglected along the way. THIS is toxic behavior.

didnt u read ? i said i even do that if i play dps (and flagged as dps) it doesnt matter and i guess the people who are doing it now will continue it even if they are flagged correctly
    a while ago i cared more about randoms and beiginners - it was in alikr i met a dude grinding all the way from the start to lvl 350 - i talked to him explained the whole class (did play nb like my main) crafted him gear and helped farming some for him anyways a few days later we ended up running vDsa, i was on a healer, we had a good expierenced tank, and the dude and another of his friends on the same skill lvl - i explained them every small mechanic - and after 5 tanks and 13h they gave up quit the game and blamed me for it - and what did i get from that time

litterly nothing i wasted it cause i was kind to a random - why should i continue to waste my time by doing dlc dungoens normal or vet doesnt matter basicly alone not getting anything from it like it should be for a carry and maybe even getting blamed by randoms cause i dont wanna explain every mechanic of e.g. nWgt

and the few times i still did dlc dungoens like 1 time i farmed wgt withrandoms they are NORMALY increadibly annyoing - i did farm a specific item - 5 randoms got it - i asked them if i could buy it for 100k - 3 didnt awnser / 1 said no cause they need it for collection but dont wanna play it / 1 said no cause i have a addon which shows me their loot - like rly how am i supoust to know if they normaly not even write in chat....
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    ...vDsa, i was on a healer, we had a good expierenced tank, and the dude and another of his friends on the same skill lvl - i explained them every small mechanic - and after 5 tanks and 13h they gave up quit the game and blamed me for it - and what did i get from that time

litterly nothing i wasted it cause i was kind to a random - why should i continue to waste my time by doing dlc dungoens normal or vet doesnt matter basicly alone not getting anything from it like it should be for a carry and maybe even getting blamed by randoms cause i dont wanna explain every mechanic of e.g. nWgt
    Everyone gets blamed occasionally, and sometimes they are right. Sometimes they're not and you have to let it go. But it sounds like you let one experience make you bitter and vengeful. Either way, doesn't justify rushing a group activity to suit just YOUR needs. If you want to be selfish, solo the dungeon yourself.
    and the few times i still did dlc dungoens like 1 time i farmed wgt withrandoms they are NORMALY increadibly annyoing - i did farm a specific item - 5 randoms got it - i asked them if i could buy it for 100k - 3 didnt awnser / 1 said no cause they need it for collection but dont wanna play it / 1 said no cause i have a addon which shows me their loot - like rly how am i supoust to know if they normaly not even write in chat....
    Welcome to the grind. People are there for loot also, if you happen to need something someone else needs, it sucks but you move on and keep grinding. I spend weeks grinding the same place until someone is willing to trade. Just how it goes, and it doesn't justify being bitter about it.

And tbh, I wouldn't want to trade with someone who asks at the VERY end, that rushed me the entire way... But ya know, that's for you to figure out.

Back on point: Better balance and making players do the roles that they set, would work--and I thought about it more: There should be an "other" role-option for players to select in group menu, but you can only use dungeon finder with it, if you are already pregrouped. This way no one gets a buff/debuff. Dungeon finder without a full 4-player group would still default to the 2 dps, 1 heal, 1tank.

Also, good news for you--next update, everyone gets ported to the boss spawn room when fight starts.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're literally why dps have to wait ages for another healer or tank, or the group fails and all that time is wasted. You only prove my point further.
    On ANY of my 11 characters I would still move forward and clear the dungeon.

As the group is.

With a companion.

Slide myself over to "tank" and let another dps come in...to make it easier.

Hit up a guild asking for any dps to join.

Those who would wait are just...seriously?
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    You're literally why dps have to wait ages for another healer or tank, or the group fails and all that time is wasted. You only prove my point further.
    On ANY of my 11 characters I would still move forward and clear the dungeon.

As the group is.

With a companion.

Slide myself over to "tank" and let another dps come in...to make it easier.

Hit up a guild asking for any dps to join.

Those who would wait are just...seriously?

You ever play dungeons at 12am-3am PST? I mean, if the group can we move forward. But on vMHK? Nah bruh, goodluck with that. I've been farming DLC dungeons lately. Waiting for a tank or dropping group are my only options since me (like many others you're ignoring) aren't very social or active in our guilds.
    EDIT: Actually I've swapped to my tank characters if I wait more than 10 minutes. But I hate when I can't even play a full dungeon through as my dps (it's rare I get to play a dungeon on my dps because I can't wait an our for a queue to pop). Tanks drop because "this dungeon is too long" literally as soon as players spawn at the start.

I work 2 jobs and can play from 9pm to 12am weeknights, and I also am building up my own design and fabrication business when I have time, I don't have as much time to be as social as I used to when I basically breathed this game for 4 years straight. People have different lives, and I know I'm not the only one. Let's not guildless/friendless shame people.
    Edited by Syrpynt on September 28, 2021 2:54PM