The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Deathmatch only duels = Legit the worst idea EVER

Danse_Mayhem
Danse_Mayhem
✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS, please play a BG or 2 and see these things for yourself.

Sure, I can speak for most when I say that in between a string of capture the relic games, where speedy tanks just won without even trying to fight, then deathmatch was something fun to look forward to. But since removing the other game modes, we have the following problems ;

- Literally no one asked for it. The reason was that many players treat flag games like Deathmatch? Ok so what, let them do that - they lose miserably most of the time. Team playing the objective gets their win, and kill farmers get their win. Where even was the problem? This, if anything has just put people off SO much.

- Games have zero variety now. Without objectives, all 12 people are just piling into the centre of the arena , meaning that only a tiny area of the arena gets used in every game.

- Since all 12 players are stacked in one area, its just a pinball of dark convergence. I dont necessarily have an issue with this set and the proposed nerfs (Maybe a longer cooldown) but can you blame people? Every single BG since this change has just been pinballing between DC procs and barely anyone even dying because most teams all have a healer (or 2) and its just a stack and burn - without the burn.

- There is no incentive to use the rest of the map. No incentive to use other sets. No incentive to do anything other than stack and burn and do it better than the other team.

I want to mention this post isnt from a point of saltiness or losing - I play BG with a healer on the team and I use a dark convergence magcro, and have yet to lose a BG since the change. It is undeniably the most effective thing to just stack with a healer and burn with DC procs - But its boring as all hell and has completely killed any variety in BGs because everyone is doing it.

Please bring back other modes sooner rather than later.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

YouTube.com/DarkProjectMayhem
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely ever did BG but think more variety is more fun.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You touched on some of the reasons why I think Death Match is the least fun of the match types.

It's the one match type where, especially if teams are well balanced, there's never a good reason to separate from your group. In Capture the Relic, it's usually a good idea to split up for offense and defense, or to create diversions in one base while other team members hit the other. In Domination, all flags are up from the get-go, so splitting can be a good idea as playing the match as a group of 4 usually means you can only hold 1 flag at a time. In Crazy King, you start out as a group, but the latter part of the match gets really hectic -- requiring Domination-like tactics. In Chaos Ball, the the ball carrier usually tries to isolate himself to stay alive longer, and it's his team's job to provide him with cover.

In my experience, it's these moments of having to split up that are exciting. You might be hitting a relic base solo and have to fight through 2 defenders. You might be defending a point by yourself against an entire team and have to try to stay alive for as long as you can before backup arrives.

A lot of the time, Death Match feels like 3 groups of players camped on 3 separate points hurling rocks at each other. The first team to overextend and lose a member is usually the first team to get wiped. There are exceptions, of course. It can be fun at times, but generally not as fun as the other match types.

Just my 2 cents...

• Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is the best change in bg. thanks, zos!
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Literally no one asked for it"
    I asked
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foto1 wrote: »
    "Literally no one asked for it"
    I asked

you asked for all objective based content to be removed so only players who solely like DM have BG content now?
  • aerrow77
    aerrow77
    Soul Shriven
    Deathmatch is insanely boring! Never playing BGs again.
    Objective game modes were my only reason to play BG's. And part of my main reason to even play ESO.

Time to switch back to Final Fantasy XIV.

The next game to Die like world of warcraft will be ESO.
    Cya again in about 5 years if eso survives.
    I'll be playing the "Endwalker" expansion while you guys remove fun content and add more monetization.

Best of luck
  • aerrow77
    aerrow77
    Soul Shriven
    Also the player community in eso is getting just as awful and toxic as WOW. Probably due to "dumbing down" the game.
    Edited by aerrow77 on October 11, 2021 5:08PM
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS, please play a BG or 2 and see these things for yourself.

Rich has almost solely streamed BGs in the last week, granted they're low level BGs, but I'd argue that those are even worse/more toxic than normal BGs with insanely OP class imbalances and the vast number of unkillable twinks that litter them.