The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Combining Buffs for the Hybrid build

Rakdos
Rakdos
✭✭
It seems like the hybrid flexibility is a thing in the upcoming update

How about further reduce the barrier for players who what to do the hybrid build by combining some buffs into a single buff.

such as Major/minor Savagery and Major/minor prophecy into just Critical rate

Major/minor Brutality and Major/minor Sorcery into a pure damage buff

people who want to customize their character in a speccific way can still do it through max magicka and max stamina.
  • Ksariyu
    Ksariyu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've suggested that at this point they might as well just merge the two stats into one and be done with it. A lot of skills already scale off the highest value anyway, and with the recent update all proc sets do too. I'm very okay with this change, it just seems like the more complicated way of doing things. I also think damage scaling with max resources is kinda dumb, but that's a different argument.
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind them remaining separate. I just want to be able to craft potions to give weapon+spell power. Or they can create a unique buff that does both while still keeping brutality and sorcery as they are.
    Options
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I liked how guild wars did it. The system was so amazing for making hybrids in a very thoughtful way and yet guild wars 2 doesn't do it!

If you were a sorcerer and wanted to use pets and greatsword you would put attribute points into a Daedric Summoning attribute and points into the Greatsword attribute. Each time you level up an attribute it costs more points to reach the next level. You earn a finite number of attribute points to spend. So it is impossible to be a master of everything at the same time, but you can combine attributes to play your own way.

In the example below the player is using both Ranger and Elementalist attributes. They put most of their points into raising Expertise and Marksmanship, but they used some remaining points to dabble in Air Magic and Beast Mastery. So they can use skills belonging to air magic and beast mastery skill lines, but those skills will be pretty weak compared to their bow attacks.
    Attribute_Refunds.jpg
    The upward arrows show how many points are required to raise that attribute up one level. The downward arrows show how many points are refunded by lowering that attribute by one level. The blue numbers are attributes raised by gear (eg. gear can say +1 to expertise).

In the end a player can be a ranger who uses bows, magic and pets, but they can't be good at all of it. They have to decide which is their focus and how far to spread their variety of skills used.

Edited by Red_Feather on September 27, 2021 4:28AM
    Options
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a great idea. Let's take it a step further!

Combine all buffs in the game into one buff! We can just call it 'buff' for simplicity sake.

Next we can get rid of those pesky discriminatory stats like magicka and stamina, just combine them to make things easier. We can call it 'attribute'. And while we're at it, why even have penetration, crit, crit damage, weapon power etc. Just combine them all and call it 'stat'.
    Options
  • Rebiludo
    Rebiludo
    ✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea. Let's take it a step further!

Combine all buffs in the game into one buff! We can just call it 'buff' for simplicity sake.

Next we can get rid of those pesky discriminatory stats like magicka and stamina, just combine them to make things easier. We can call it 'attribute'. And while we're at it, why even have penetration, crit, crit damage, weapon power etc. Just combine them all and call it 'stat'.

you forgot to combine heavy and light attacks to have 4 lightning ticks and the regen magicka in one click. We can call it 'attack' 😆
    Edited by Rebiludo on September 26, 2021 4:29PM
    Options