Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we Get a F for all the people getting Crates, wanting a Mount and getting a Costume....

• SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    The costume dyes terribly as well…the edges are stuck being yellow so you look like a bumblebee if you dye the main part any sort of dark color.

Please post a pic - need to discourage players from getting sucked in by this highly predatory move to entice gambling, and then ending up with sub-par items.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    You get a Costume :

a costume is 10x better than the knight armor style I got. Thanks ESO I'll never waste money on crates again.
    Edited by moo_2021 on September 25, 2021 7:12AM
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Dzadzey wrote: »
    The crates simply need to go away. For those with a gambling addiction...the crates can feed into that addiction as the dopamine hits come when they win a prize after buying 20 or 30 crates.

Ehhh 20-30 crates is kinda nothing and you forget you can just buy crates with gold trading now. There’s hardly anything you can get outside of certain furnishings to burn gold on, and after a certain number of crates you can just get everything with gems. Took me about 190 or so crates to get everything I wanted, which is significantly less than if the gem system didn’t exist.

1. 30 crates costs 10k crowns or 71 USD - 10% more than the standard AAA game price. (assuming 21000c:150$)
    2. Regardless of whether you obtained 30 crown crates via direct purchase or in-game gold trading, ZOS still got 71USD from the person who purchased 10k crowns.
    3. Buying from a crown seller only adds a layer of time investment for the buyer. 190 crates at the current PC-EU prices would cost you 97.5 million gold, hardly comparable in terms of gold sinks.
    4. Really unrealistic to grind that much gold for a majority of the player base, within 4 months (crate season duration)
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "They made their choices. So be it " - Bastion
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the costume and personality on apex level is a bit too much. A bad move in my opinion. They don't have anything worth 400 gems
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • ivelbob
    ivelbob
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to drum up excitement for a costume and a personality at the Apex level "for the first time!" really highlights how arbitrary the rarity and pricing for crown crate items really is.

Is an Apex mount really worth 4 times as much as a mount at Legendary level? Not really. It certainly doesn't read as 4x more costly to rig, skin and design. How much is that mount really worth to you in real dollars that you had to work for? And how mad would you be if you spent $30, $70 or $100 and still didn't get it?

• blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted the costume and got a mount...
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Dzadzey
    Dzadzey
    ✭✭✭
    Can we give the game devs an "F" for not scrapping the crown crate crapshoot?
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nearly all crate seasons have had mounts only. This is a breath of fresh air.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AinSoph wrote: »
    Nearly all crate seasons have had mounts only. This is a breath of fresh air.

I’m a bit confused as to what you mean. I believe there have been costumes in all the crate seasons but only at lower tiers so you had better odds of getting them or would have to spend fewer Gems or now Seals of Endeavor to get them. And there are quite a few seasons where I had no interest in the apex mounts but did want some of the less expensive less flashy items, so I was happy with how it was set up. I think I would be really annoyed if a costume I liked was that much! Do I misunderstand you or perhaps there is a perspective I’ve not considered? :)
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Disappointed this wasn't a link to the pet rock, though I guess that wasn't from crates.
    PC NA
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for funding the game I like to play.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mounts themselves look pretty darn cool. B) However that creepy freaky smile on the chest piece is....no thank you. Kinda wish you could disable that.

One thing that really bugs me with crates is: bonus card! Bonus card = xp scroll........
    Like really?? Come on! x.x I got tons of XP scrolls just gathering dust in my bank.

Think my RNG is cursed sometimes. Had ESO almost since launch, zero radiant apex mounts. Oh well, one day.....
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade