The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil performances at its worst

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday evening I played couple of hours, never seen such widespread lag and bad performance.
I played mainly solo taking resources on my own, fighting the guard never took me so much time, skill were not firing and a there was a lot more then one second cooldown between them. I use and addon to improve weawing that give a visual clue for the one secon GCD and also that thing was lagging.
Are you guys going to do something about it or or you are just waiting for the hard core PvPers to move somewhere else because at this point you just prefer to get rid of them?
Regards.

Greyhost / PCEU
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admittedly I did not play late into the night but until 10/10.30pm UK time I was doing fine.

It's been the case for the last 3/4 weeks (for 80% of my game time) but not really sure why
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually think performance is the worst it has ever been taking into account how low the pop cap is.

How can it be this bad 7 years in?
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on September 24, 2021 9:42PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually think performance is the worst it has ever been taking into account how low the pop cap is.

Was going to say.... Didn't it start with like 500 player caps on each faction?
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag was the worst I've ever seen tonight with ping 100+ normal and disconnection.

Even when there weren't that many players (~10) in the area, it was bad.

PCNA Blackreach
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

Was going to say.... Didn't it start with like 500 player caps on each faction?

"At launch, each campaign could have up to 2000 players in Cyrodiil at once, with the client being optimized for 200 players on-screen at one time (this does not mean more players cannot appear)" -https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Cyrodiil_(Online)
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had more disconnects in the past few weeks than I have over the rest of the year combined. Literally 2/3 of our raid DC'd one night.
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's bad. Nowadays I just stop playing when I crash or disconnect, there's no point in insisting. I would feel more hopeful if they at least recognized the problem, publicly, and voted to work hard to resolve it.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCNA GH performance is a joke. Ride to a keep that is being sieged, get there… 999+ Ping, disconnected because there’s more than five players.

Finally manage to log in fully, get spawned at home base, ride to keep… rinse and repeat. I don’t really know why I still try to play.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These days the server performance appears to be so bad and the pop cap so low that it's either a lagfest or no action (PC EU).
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    PCNA GH performance is a joke. Ride to a keep that is being sieged, get there… 999+ Ping, disconnected because there’s more than five players.

Finally manage to log in fully, get spawned at home base, ride to keep… rinse and repeat. I don’t really know why I still try to play.

Exactly the same experience. Consistently.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The lag on PCNA GH is completely caused by EP at this point, the other 2 factions have effectively quit playing, but EP refuses to show up in groups smaller than 60+ players if you dare to drop a single siege on a keep. The nice thing about the lag is, you know exactly when they are showing up, as you get the slow bug, lag, skills stop working, etc... When they aren't around, the game is basically lag free for us.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

The lag on PCNA GH is completely caused by EP at this point, the other 2 factions have effectively quit playing, but EP refuses to show up in groups smaller than 60+ players if you dare to drop a single siege on a keep. The nice thing about the lag is, you know exactly when they are showing up, as you get the slow bug, lag, skills stop working, etc... When they aren't around, the game is basically lag free for us.

I relate to your frustration, but lag is not from one faction or another. It's a hardware/software issue on ZOS' part. I believe lag is primarily the result of hardware inadequacies at the server level.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on October 4, 2021 9:40AM
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't play on that server, but you can't blame the lag on a faction. Cyro was originally designed for large fights. All factions should be able to have a bunch of people online and fighting.

Our group effectively just plays around the lag, when it gets unplayable we log to another game even though we'd want to continue...
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »

I don't play on that server, but you can't blame the lag on a faction. Cyro was originally designed for large fights. All factions should be able to have a bunch of people online and fighting.

Our group effectively just plays around the lag, when it gets unplayable we log to another game even though we'd want to continue...

I wasn't blaming the lag on a faction. I was stating that on our server, there is only one faction left playing, there are zero ball groups and the only time the lag happens is when their faction stack shows up. To make it entirely clear... If DC or AD was the only faction left playing and only showed in groups of 60+, , they would be the ones causing the lag. So no, I am not saying the lag is EP's fault, I am saying faction stacking is. They just happen to be the ones doing it on my chosen server.

And yes, it is entirely upon ZOS and is apparently a choice they have purposefully made. If they can make all the regular and extra servers play smoothly for MidYear Mayhem with tons more players than normal on every server, this is definitely something they have control over and are simply choosing to make us suffer for the rest of the year. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn they decided to scrap PVP, but instead of just doing it, are trying to whittle even the biggest diehards down so they will leave as well, then be able to say there was no interest left, so they are removing it.
    Edited by Kwoung on October 5, 2021 4:55PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now that zos will make mid-year mayhem (their gonna call it pelinal's mayhem i think) more frequent throughout the year - maybe they'll focus more on improving performance in cyrodiil...

i sure hope so :(
    Edited by geonsocal on October 5, 2021 5:54PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, Cyrodiil simply does not work, the potion can be pressed 3-4 times, the panels do not change quickly, even sometimes it does not enter the fortress door the first time. This is some kind of joke I hope
  • Aerenthir
    Aerenthir
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen the performance so bad and the state of PvP in such a tragic conditions. It's an absolute clown fest. I've decided to come back to see how it is after an year of not playing.

Result was a wild spam of Dark Convegence permanently even though I always play solo, skills constantly blackened out because server can't handle the spam and 3-4 ball groups chasing 4-5 people because there's no one left to "kill".