The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Long loading screen right after login (no Steam)

DeltaForce64x
DeltaForce64x
✭✭✭
I'm having long loading times right after the login, I have this from ESO website so there is no auto login and I do not want to use Steam for this game. Anyways so far I added entire eso folder to my anti virus's ignored list, set to high performance mode from control panel however its just very slow loading. Mind you this is valid only right after the login page, after I choose my character its a fast loading to in game, almost like a SSD loading, so ı wonder what makes it load long between the character selection and first login. like I said its fast after I choose my big girl so I take it its not about my hard disk drive? I also monitored Disk Usage on Task Manager in the loading, it does not use all the disk use (max is %25 with a red warning for any game on Windows 10 as far as ı know)

Any ways to make it faster? How it does very fast after I choose my character but very slow in login loading? This is a desktop computer with a good hardware,

Thanks in advance and great day to you,
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been having the same issue on console. Primarily since Blackwood and the enhanced/new gen console updates.

I went through and did a full bank and crate trim and then deleted 3 characters.

It improved the amount of times I get stock at log in loading screen.

This is with 400 internet, hard wired.

However, I haven't quite unloaded my bank as much as I'd like yet and still have some bag space on toons to get down. But if I go in and out of my bank too much or swap too many characters doing writs or randoms etc., I start to have animation and bar swap issues.

After spending a lot of time on it now, I'm convinced there's some kind of memory leak associated with the "bonus" space regarding character slots, bank space, and bag space. Anything beyond 110 character inventory or 220 bank inventory and the problem presents. Even worse if both.

My buddy with less characters and inventory caps just did a clean up last week sometime and he's been reporting far less performance issues since. - So, as sad as it is, I'm going to try and buckle down more on mine and see if it has an impact.