Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can anyone explain to me why Zaan still doesn’t hit dragons in vss?

AuraStorm43
AuraStorm43
✭✭✭✭✭
Title, it’d actually be useful there but for some reason its never been fixed
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they fixed it some time ago.

The likely explanation for the issue is that the ray connects from you to the center of the model, since the dragons are very big this connection cannot be esteblished due to the distance.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Xebov likely hit the nail on the head. Zaan has a maximum range and the dragon hitbox is too large for it because it has to connect to the center of the hitbox and not the very edge, so it exceeds the max range.

Domihaus is a very good alternative to it in that fight because you can guarantee the dragon will be hit by the damaging ring, so while the set usually only provides 300 spell damage, when fighting dragons it also deals decent damage.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Yes, Xebov likely hit the nail on the head. Zaan has a maximum range and the dragon hitbox is too large for it because it has to connect to the center of the hitbox and not the very edge, so it exceeds the max range.

Domihaus is a very good alternative to it in that fight because you can guarantee the dragon will be hit by the damaging ring, so while the set usually only provides 300 spell damage, when fighting dragons it also deals decent damage.

Yeah i’m well aware Domihaus works but there’s no reason Zaan can’t when you’re right up on the dragon
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah i’m well aware Domihaus works but there’s no reason Zaan can’t when you’re right up on the dragon

They just explained why it won’t work, then have an alternative.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »

They just explained why it won’t work, then have an alternative.

If its a hitbox issue fix the hitbox, its not hard if i’m right up on the dragon it should just work