The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mirri desummoned by Banker and Merchant

Romilly
Romilly
✭✭✭
This is a bug. Why? It means that if I'm about to turn in a Mages, Fighters, or Undaunted Quest in an attempt to level Mirri (or I assume Bastion's) skill lines, and Im blocked because my bags are full, then when I summon one of them to empty my bags, and forget to resummon Mirri before I now turn in the quest, I lose all credit for Mirri for that day, and I can't even redo them.

It's a stupid restriction that also hits when you are just out adventuring with Mirri, one minutes she's there healing you, next minute she's not, and you don't notice and she's not getting any XP.

I really like the Companions, it's cool, I almost got Mirri to 20. But this aspect of the constant summon/desummon is a pain in the rear [snip]

[snip]

[edited for bashing/quitting thread]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 22, 2021 2:14PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is the design. It is not surprising since the banker desummons a non-combat pet.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    So your telling me that the design is to cheat people of undaunted, fighters and mages guild gains if they've accidentally desummoned Mirri at the moment of turn in?

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 22, 2021 2:15PM
  • WildLight
    WildLight
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a bug. Companions and assistants occupy the same "slot" that was made specifically for them with the Blackwood update, called Allies. It used to be that the merchant or banker would unsummon a non-combat pet but now these are two different categories. It's literally an intended design.

No one is cheating you out of rewards, just resummon your companion back and turn in the quests. Besides, there is no need to even summon your merchant since there's always merchants close by in the Undaunted or Guild areas.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    You don't get it - I literally just made a mistake by not resummoning her, a cognitive hiccup, and was punished by Mirri not getting credit. Really frustrating experience that could have been fixed by the developers. If their programming [snip] that they need to de-summon her, why not have her automatically re-summoned, without the delay.

And, as you pointed out, the poster above you is wrong - non combat pets stay summoned when you call the banker, so they can clearly support multiple objects belonging to the user - what about Sorcs? They have four pets running around (if you include the now obligatory Maw of the Infernal helm).

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 22, 2021 2:16PM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer it if you could use banker or merchant and your companion.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bug.

lEmLZsC.png

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7271350/#Comment_7271350

and imho a good design choice. There are already too many people who run around with a banker or a merchant behind them 100% of the time, that's ridiculous, you don't want to double that with a companion.
    Romilly wrote: »
    You don't get it - I literally just made a mistake by not resummoning her, a cognitive hiccup, and was punished by Mirri not getting credit. Really frustrating experience that could have been fixed by the developers.

ZOS does not have to care for anything and everything you forget. Pay better attention, that's all there is to it.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 22, 2021 9:22AM