The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BGs totally ruined by Dark Convergence

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
Have you guys at ZoS tried to do some BGs lately? Do you think that the gameplay is now fun and rewarding?

Can we please have some feedback from you?

Thanks.
  • Rakdos
    Rakdos
    ✭✭
    Its significantly nerfed in the Update 32, People who still running it now can enjoy this final moments.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rakdos wrote: »
    Its significantly nerfed in the Update 32, People who still running it now can enjoy this final moments.

Its not the damage that's the problem. We'll see how the reduction in number of pulls and area feel though I guess.
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly the damage could be completely removed and people would still use DC. That stinkin' pull is absolutely horrible to play against....
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vynist wrote: »
    Honestly the damage could be completely removed and people would still use DC. That stinkin' pull is absolutely horrible to play against....

Exactly. And the pull itself isn't causing crowd control immunity. So when you're in a proverbial 'minefield' of DC drops, you just straight get ping ponged. Doesn't matter how many times you want to "just dodge roll out of it".
  • blxdes
    blxdes
    ✭✭✭
    DC doesn't need a nerf.... It needs to be eliminated from the game completely. It has ruined PVP in this game.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blxdes wrote: »
    DC doesn't need a nerf.... It needs to be eliminated from the game completely. It has ruined PVP in this game.

Well said.
  • Gizele
    Gizele
    Soul Shriven
    took about 2yrs off from this game. was a pure dm player & never cared much about objectives, returned to eso after reading about the dm que changes/test. played several matches, every single game has that skill i've never seen before. it pulls me in this circle n gets deleted instantly & repeatedly lol. not touching this game again until that thing is removed/fixed/nerfed or whatever. it's truly a horrific experience, most death ive gotten in all the years combined, in this very short period of pvp session. just wow.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess in their eyes they did good job because people are dying faster. Who cares why and how. Mission accomplished.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Send this set to the void!
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you guys at ZoS tried to do some BGs lately? Do you think that the gameplay is now fun and rewarding?

Can we please have some feedback from you?

Thanks.

Was initially against DC in BG but then I noticed it kept people spaced out so you have a few extra seconds before 4 Stam classes jump you with their 2H and DW weapons.

DC in cyrodiil is fine, just nerf the snowtreaders to not allow as man buffs/debuffs from the ball groups. or make it so that the snow treaders are like the ring of pale order or something
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gizele wrote: »
    took about 2yrs off from this game. was a pure dm player & never cared much about objectives, returned to eso after reading about the dm que changes/test. played several matches, every single game has that skill i've never seen before. it pulls me in this circle n gets deleted instantly & repeatedly lol. not touching this game again until that thing is removed/fixed/nerfed or whatever. it's truly a horrific experience, most death ive gotten in all the years combined, in this very short period of pvp session. just wow.

You can block the DC blast, rolling out and blocking also mitigates a lot of damage. I think DC should be blockable before it begins the pull, that way only those who’ve used up their Stam are pulled in. More reactive players that can block in time wouldn’t need to worry about DC
  • GypsyKing22
    GypsyKing22
    ✭✭✭
    Its way too good, anyone that knows what they're doing with it can literally 1v8 in BGs, and anyone that doesn't will still be useful with it to the team.

Its also one of those things where not having it when others do is a massive disadvantage.

Its very fun to play and find combos with, but very unfun to play against ofc. Most people absolutely suck at using it thank god, because in capable hands this set is just way too good and even post nerf i feel like it will still be too good.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    The difference when you get that 1 in 20 match where no one or almost no one has it is insane.

It promotes a single play style. Tank up. Ball up. Heal stack. DC drop. Ulti dump. Rinse. Repeat.

The longer it goes on, the worse it will be for these people when the hopeful and inevitable near deletion nerf finally comes. The amount of people that will actually have to learn or relearn how to play their class, build, and the game in general will be astounding.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Send this set to the void!

mv darkconvergence /dev/null
    PS | EU
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love that set and i love that it has a pull and high damage to it, its perfect for pvp zergs.
    the pull is the same exact thing that wardens skill does to us in pvp
    if you remove the pull then also remove the pull from wardens.

Edited by Gilvoth on October 25, 2021 6:05PM
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    i love that set and i love that it has a pull and high damage to it, its perfect for pvp zergs.

Ok. You can disregard my question to you on the other thread. I can see now that you aren't being satirical.

The attempted point and assumption you state is dead wrong. The warden skill is nowhere near the equivalent to DC. It's not even in a remote realm of possibility to even be compared.

The warden pull also causes crowd control immunity. DC pull does not. The warden pull requires you to slot it on your bar, place it on its own and hope someone doesn't see it. It doesn't get buried in along with another skill on the ground and then also have a greater power level than most ultimate abilities tacked on to it. It also has a small radius that doesn't pull from areas outside of line of site.

That is fact. Straight, unmitigable , insurmountable, fact.

You would be better off trying to use Rush of Agony, Silver Leash, DK chains, Necro armor, or void bash as an attempted point. Not one of the absolutely least used skills ever. - This entire list, btw, causes CC immunity upon use or trigger with the exception of Rush of Agony. - and Rush of Agony still yields one less effect component than Dark Convergence.

Edit: Also, one further note: With the exception of Rush of Agony and Void Bash (which is in pulses), no other pulls besides DC are multiple/unlimited targets. The Warden pull can* get 3 on the ground, but that is a massive amount of resource to blow for little reward and each one still only pulls one target.

Disclaimer: Not intended to bait or offend. Please offer counterpoints. Please also use facts.
    Edited by McTaterskins on October 25, 2021 7:25PM
  • GypsyKing22
    GypsyKing22
    ✭✭✭

Ok. You can disregard my question to you on the other thread. I can see now that you aren't being satirical.

The attempted point and assumption you state is dead wrong. The warden skill is nowhere near the equivalent to DC. It's not even in a remote realm of possibility to even be compared.

The warden pull also causes crowd control immunity. DC pull does not. The warden pull requires you to slot it on your bar, place it on its own and hope someone doesn't see it. It doesn't get buried in along with another skill on the ground and then also have a greater power level than most ultimate abilities tacked on to it. It also has a small radius that doesn't pull from areas outside of line of site.

You would be better off trying to use Rush of Agony, Silver Leash, DK chains, Necro armor, or void bash as an attempted point. Not one of the absolutely least used skills ever. - This entire list, btw, causes CC immunity upon use or trigger with the exception of Rush of Agony. - and Rush of Agony still yields one less effect component than Dark Convergence.

Edit: Also, one further note: With the exception of Rush of Agony and Void Bash (which is in pulses), no other pulls besides DC are multiple/unlimited targets. The Warden pull can* get 3 on the ground, but that is a massive amount of resource to blow for little reward and each one still only pulls one target.

Disclaimer: Not intended to bait or offend. Please offer counterpoints. Please also use facts.

I keep seeing that argument regarding DC, that the pull doesn't cause cc immunity, but it does because its combined with a 1 sec stun... unless my game functions completely different to everyone elses lol

Both DC and rushing agony will also not work on cc immune targets either from my experience. (rushing agony simply doesnt apply cc immunity because if you get pulled you can still do whatever you want) I use both on my stamdk bomber setup too, and thats what i found so far, both on the giving as well as the receiving end of DC pulls.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭

I keep seeing that argument regarding DC, that the pull doesn't cause cc immunity, but it does because its combined with a 1 sec stun... unless my game functions completely different to everyone elses lol

Both DC and rushing agony will also not work on cc immune targets either from my experience. (rushing agony simply doesnt apply cc immunity because if you get pulled you can still do whatever you want) I use both on my stamdk bomber setup too, and thats what i found so far, both on the giving as well as the receiving end of DC pulls.

If you pay close enough attention in one of the "mine fields", it's how the ping pong is happening. The stun on the pull doesn't set in until the pull is complete. If you are reactionary enough and block when you get pulled, the stun doesn't happen either. But then you also don't get any immunity. So then makes it so you can get hit with follow ups or further pulls. Total double edge sword scenario. Hard to pick out and pay attention to. Likely the primary cause for frustration.

Example: I've been able to warp to my shade on my NBs during mid DC pull. Which means I'm not stunned yet.

Of course I've also then been rubber banded back to that DC or the one that was probably next to it.
    Edited by McTaterskins on October 25, 2021 8:20PM
  • GypsyKing22
    GypsyKing22
    ✭✭✭

If you pay close enough attention in one of the "mine fields", it's how the ping pong is happening. The stun on the pull doesn't set in until the pull is complete. If you are reactionary enough and block when you get pulled, the stun doesn't happen either. But then you also don't get any immunity. So then makes it so you can get hit with follow ups or further pulls. Total double edge sword scenario. Hard to pick out and pay attention to. Likely the primary cause for frustration.

Example: I've been able to warp to my shade on my NBs during mid DC pull. Which means I'm not stunned yet.

Of course I've also then been rubber banded back to that DC or the one that was probably next to it.

thanks for clarifying, it makes perfect sense now

i always let myself get hit with the stun if they drop it right on top of me, and then break free + dodge roll out, thats probably why i never noticed it on myself :D
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree, the comparison to any skill that has to be slotted is cringe. Unless that skill also pulls, snares, and bombs. I'll wait for someone to come up with a skill or even ultimate that does all of that.

Disclaimers are a good idea, I should have started using them a long time ago.

Disclaimer: This statement is not bait and not meant to offend.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dark convergence has ruined all pvp areas except no CP, even when people challenge me to duels, they're using dark convergence. :D

At least no cp exists lol
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This quote is all the evidence needed to nerf this set into the ground or completely delete it. This person is either being facetious or truthfully doesn't understand that this set was announced by the devs as a "zerg buster" set, only to have that set find its way into the hands of almost every zerger to the extent that a keep battle is literally a lava field of purple.

BGs are now a game of "avoid DC for 10 minutes" except for the 1 in 10 matches you get where everyone is on the same page that the set is the worst thing to happen to ESO in its entire existence, so no one runs it.

Either no one has it or half or more of the lobby has it. It was fine when there was only one person with it. That doesn't happen anymore. It's an all or nothing gambling game now and one that I choose to no longer play.

• McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldoss wrote: »

This quote is all the evidence needed to nerf this set into the ground or completely delete it. This person is either being facetious or truthfully doesn't understand that this set was announced by the devs as a "zerg buster" set, only to have that set find its way into the hands of almost every zerger to the extent that a keep battle is literally a lava field of purple.

BGs are now a game of "avoid DC for 10 minutes" except for the 1 in 10 matches you get where everyone is on the same page that the set is the worst thing to happen to ESO in its entire existence, so no one runs it.

Either no one has it or half or more of the lobby has it. It was fine when there was only one person with it. That doesn't happen anymore. It's an all or nothing gambling game now and one that I choose to no longer play.

Well said.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since there seems to be a missunderstanding in my comments, in that case let me be as clear as possible in my comments
    here is the facts from my view.

its not satire, its not a sarcasm, its not funny, infact it is very embarrassing that new people come to eso and find massive groups destroying the pvp and game. and "no" im not "swiming against the tide" several guilds im a member of, including zone chat, as well as my friends all are saying the same things i am here.
    we asked for help in stopping the zergs, we got help with this set "dark convergence"
    However, they leaders of these groups has found a way around the set and the set is no longer stoping them, they just run right through it and are not being effected by the set now.

the set needs its radius increased and the damage increased to help stop the zergs. thats not a joke, its not satire.
    its just plain honest truth and honest feedback.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the set needs its radius increased and the damage increased to help stop the zergs. thats not a joke, its not satire.

Naaaa, this is definitely some deep next level satire.

But if it's really not, this is the Battleground sub forum. There are no zergs in BGs.
    Edited by GetAgrippa on October 26, 2021 10:20PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    I guess in their eyes they did good job because people are dying faster. Who cares why and how. Mission accomplished.

Pretty much this.

That really does seem to the only goal the developers in charge of PvP concern themselves with, is making sure players die faster. They cater to that tiny minority who enjoy PvP merely for the sake of killing other players. Who cares if the battle is actually fun or not.

And I'll never understand why. You would think they would change direction or focus and try to increase the PvP population. But nope, they seem absolutely obsessed with making sure players die as fast as possible and don't get a chance to fight back or... you know... actually have fun. Having a higher kill count is far more important.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 26, 2021 11:09PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since there seems to be a missunderstanding in my comments, in that case let me be as clear as possible in my comments
    here is the facts from my view.

its not satire, its not a sarcasm, its not funny, infact it is very embarrassing that new people come to eso and find massive groups destroying the pvp and game. and "no" im not "swiming against the tide" several guilds im a member of, including zone chat, as well as my friends all are saying the same things i am here.
    we asked for help in stopping the zergs, we got help with this set "dark convergence"
    However, they leaders of these groups has found a way around the set and the set is no longer stoping them, they just run right through it and are not being effected by the set now.

If they wanted to fix zergs all they would have to do is penalize them to make the strategy ineffective. But instead, they continue to weaken individual player defenses to make it more and more difficult for players to defend, evade or escape groups of other players. Which is the exact opposite of what needs to be done if you want to discourage zerg tactics.

I could fix the problem of zergs in a couple of hours if they put me in charge of PvP. It would not be difficult to do if they were really interested in doing that.

Edited by Jeremy on October 26, 2021 11:19PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »

Naaaa, this is definitely some deep next level satire.

But if it's really not, this is the Battleground sub forum. There are no zergs in BGs.

It's not as bad, for sure. But 4 to 8 players all focusing on a single player can be pretty messy too.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who here who likes to fight outnumbered ever asked ZOS to give them a "zerg busting" set? I'm willing to bet NO ONE. Why? Because we understand that it takes more than a set to make you "good" and anything that ZOS gives you can also be used against you.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please remove Dark Convergence from PVP. Being able to effortlessly cause aoe pull, aoe stun, aoe snare, aoe damage with one set is ridiculous.

Players generally hate pulls, snares, and stuns and we've complained about them since Morrowind when the big knock over, stun snare fest that was added to some new creatures and some vanilla ones. We hate them and everything we hate is in this set. Just delete the thing.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--