The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found

ealdwin
ealdwin
✭✭✭✭✭
For reasons, I had to reinstall ESO on my computer. After it finished installing, I tried running it through the launcher, and the play button doesn't seem to be working. I found the following article and followed the steps with no luck:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3054/~/what-do-i-do-if-my-eso-launcher-wont-start-or-gets-stuck-at-“looking-for

I've already tried the uninstall-reinstall method once before and it didn't change anything. Repairing didn't seem to fix anything. The steps in the article above still didn't fix anything. On a whim, I right-clicked the Bethesda.net_launcher in the Launcher folder (the folder containing the ProgramData folder), and ran the program as an administrator. When clicking the play button after the lanucher opened up, I got the following error:

"The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I'm about to try verifying the integrity of the game files, and if that doesn't work I'll try reinstalling again tomorrow (it's getting late). Just wanted to check if anyone knew of a different solution that doesn't involve waiting a few hours for the game to reinstall itself before I resort to that again.

My version of ESO is downloaded through Steam if that helps.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ealdwin

For the vcruntime140_1 error message, please try to install both DirectX and VC++ 2015 Redistributable.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Turns out there were multiple copies of VC++ on my computer that were likely broken. Removing them all and the launcher and reinstalling the launcher from scratch fixed the issue.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update on this error. We are glad to hear you've found out it was multiple copies of VC++ causing the error. With the issue now resolved, we are going to close this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.