Maintenance for the week of December 6:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Website for maintenance – December 8, 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC) - 3:00PM EST (20:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "New Grim Harlequin Crown Crates" Article

ZOS_SamL
ZOS_SamL
admin
498f443b8c742d6663670fad2d8b7955.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Experience the Twisted Smiles & Dark Delights of the New Grim Harlequin Crown Crates" blog article.

Discover the marvelous and menacing costumes, mounts, and more found in the new Grim Harlequin Crown Crates, coming soon to the in-game Crown Store.

Here's a full list of all the rewards contained in Grim Harlequin Crown Crates:

Radiant Apex Rewards:
  • Ram of Dark Delights
  • Infernal Trickster Death Hound
  • Dark Delirium Senche

Apex Rewards:
  • Garb of Grinning Horrors
  • Grinning Terror Bear
  • Grinning Terror Guar
  • Grinning Terror Senche
  • Grinning Terror Steed
  • Grinning Terror Wolf
  • Maniacal Jester

Legendary Rewards:
  • Amethyst Candlefly Gathering
  • Grim Harlequin Chandelier
  • Mad God's Monarch Flock
  • Bone Colossus Illusion Gem
  • Daedroth Illusion Gem
  • Dunecoat Senche-Serval
  • Snow-Blanket Sorrel Horse
  • Sunback Bear
  • Maniacal Jester Bow
  • Maniacal Jester Dagger
  • Maniacal Jester Maul
  • Maniacal Jester Shield
  • Maniacal Jester Staff
  • Grace of the Green
  • Scourger's Scales

Epic Rewards:
  • Viridian Valor Body Markings
  • Gem Prospector
  • Hakoshae Festival Attire
  • Conjurer's Eyes
  • The Adoring Stand
  • Dread-Etched Dragon Priest Mask
  • Terrorgleam Dragon Priest Mask
  • Moonshadow Wings Mask
  • Netch Handler Cap
  • Scorched Dragon Priest Mask
  • Carmine Wood Moth
  • Lowland Bristleback
  • Sapphire Sep Adder
  • Vale Sabre Cat
  • Wamasu Hatchling

Superior Rewards:
  • Gemcutter's Spectacles
  • Hakoshae Festival Laurel
  • Shimmerene Soiree Circlet
  • Thorns of Ecstasy Body Marks
  • Viridian Valor Face Markings
  • Chef Kiss
  • Fight Me
  • Pet Plant
  • Two Thumbs Up
  • Thorns of Ecstasy Face Marks
  • Chitinous Arm Cops
  • Chitinous Belt
  • Chitinous Boots
  • Chitinous Bracers
  • Chitinous Guards
  • Chitinous Helmet
  • Chitinous Jack
  • Ascadian Umber Sheep
  • Cropsford Hen
  • Greenhill Farmdog
  • Sunback Bear Cub
  • Topal Durzog
Edited by ZOS_SamL on September 21, 2021 1:29PM
Staff Post
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    "Sapphire Sep Adder"
    (It's a pet under epic)
    And that's it, that's what got my most interest out this new kind of crown crate.
    Some ESO history:
    PS4 NA: June 10, 2015, CP: 810+
    PC NA: February 4, 2019, CP: 810+ (kinda got tired of paying PS+ so I moved to PC)
    Both my main is Blue-Thuxis, a stamsorc werewolf, dual wield/bow Argonian.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    May I suggest making a larger offering for Black Fredas this year?

I remember last year, and I think even the year before that? A LOT of people were expecting tons of player houses to be re-released for Black Fredas, and it never happened, and so a lot of people weren't spending money.

If ZoS is really hurting for finances and making sales, they should probably capitalize on all the content they have to sell already that people want and missed in previous years because of ZoS's "Limited Time" forced scarcity model (add onto that they've stopped granting support requests for retired crown store items like a year ago).

Just re-release a heck-ton of old stuff and let people run wild. Its not like ZoS doesn't have an easily available method of making bank on all those people who missed out previously. They just refuse to do it for some stupid reason.

Speaking of which, Gloam Wolf mount re-release when?
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild!
    https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/

@ZoS Eye Cosmetics Need Their Own Appearance Category!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/587362/eye-cosmetics-need-their-own-appearance-category

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really don’t get why the costume and personality are apex. Tbh, nothing in this set greatly appeals to me but that’s okay. I got the Ayleid and Wild Hunt crates earlier in the spring.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don’t get why the costume and personality are apex.
    I'm afraid that they pushing some things to Apex, because of Endavours - since system started I get 2 nice legendary things and just ignoring Apex tier. And ZOS don't want us to ignore Apex tier...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    "in a first for Crown Crates since their inception, the Apex reward tier will include a costume and personality!"

Whoopee! Means if you're lucky (or unlucky) enough to get a bunch of duplicates while opening crates, you would only need to spend around 20.000 crowns on crates and pray so you get enough gems by the end of it to just buy ONE of the two new new Apex rewards! What's not to love?
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid that they pushing some things to Apex, because of Endavours - since system started I get 2 nice legendary things and just ignoring Apex tier. And ZOS don't want us to ignore Apex tier...

Well.... considering their "consistency" with the items from crates vs crowns - I wouldn't be surprised to see that same costume today worth 400 gems after 1 or 2 years ready for ... 1200 crowns ( maybe 2000 and make it a bundle with some major adornment!) - isn't this how it works!? (will let you think how this makes it look to the usual customer). And yes, people DO want to spend money and support their favourite game ( myself included) and I wouldn't post around if I wouldn't care - but like many others since many a year now - I am still here, I am still enjoying it, I am sure hoping this sort of thing to be corrected in the future. Do not underestimate the discernment of your customers though - it is but the switch of a button to dump it all and turn to greener pastures ( and there is always one out there - somewhere - provided one looks !)
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 4 crates and happy with the outcome. Got apex wolf, thorn skin, jester staff motif, pet plant emote, fight me emote and the conjurers eyes. Used gems to get hakoshai costume, tiara and the pretty Sep adder.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭

I've said it elsewhere but it does seem a little too convenient that they start pushing rewards that used to always be at Legendary tier at their highest, to Apex tier right about when those people who chose to save up should be able to afford Apex tier soon...

Except now it also affects those who spend money on crates. So there goes the "oh my god, endeavors are just free stuff! It doesn't affect anything else!" arguments.

Then again, who knows. I could just be a crazy conspiracy theorist.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild!
    https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/

@ZoS Eye Cosmetics Need Their Own Appearance Category!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/587362/eye-cosmetics-need-their-own-appearance-category

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount