The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 32 - Bug Reports for the Armory

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing the Armory system in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 21, 2021 2:45PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Kinkysaurus
    Kinkysaurus
    ✭✭
    bg18a21hrjw6.jpg

Getting that message whenever I try to equip a build in my armory.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bg18a21hrjw6.jpg

Getting that message whenever I try to equip a build in my armory.

Same, here. Fails every time.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to crosspost this from the feedback thread:
    I can save loadouts, but I cannot equip them, and I cannot overwrite them. Meaning, this system is, basically unusable.

Now, so far I've only found this issue applies on my main. So, this is a character who dates back to March 2014, (and actually suffered from the face zoom glitch) and it's likely there's some degree of corruption in the database. I haven't tested every character on my account, though I did find another one of my characters can use the system.

However, right now, feedback is, "this system dun' work."

EDIT: Some further testing, this is a specific allocation on my character that corrupts the armory entries. I'm not sure what it is. There's literally seven years of history on that character.

While checking alts, I accidentally discovered equipping an empty armory build functions as a partial character reset. Resetting the affected character via this method allows them to interact with the armory system (semi-)normally.

However, it's still not possible to overwrite the corrupted loadouts. So, those are just stuck there.

Some further testing shows that it's not a gear issue, (probably) not an attribute issue, not a champion point issue (though this is harder to verify.) I think this has to do with legacy skill revisions, but, I can't be sure. Something is wrong with those first three loadouts, and I can't get rid of them.

EDIT 2: I just noticed the champion points on one of my other characters are comically high.

The comically high CP pool (it was a little over 195k CP), was fixed by logging out and back in. Probably a visual bug.

Interesting quirk, the character that I accidentally reset, and the one who are affected by the bug kept their allocated CP when assigned to empty loadouts (though their stars did unequip.) My other characters zero out their spent champion points when reset this way.

Both characters are vampires, and have been vampires since back in 2015. I suspect this is relevant. However, I have another Vampire that is also from back in 2015, that was unaffected. Additionally, my main and the unaffected characters were both werewolves first, completing the skill line, before swapping over to vampirsm. While the character with the CP glitch was never a werewolf. So, I think the issue may have simply been that they were a vampire at a specific point in time (sometime between the introduction of the Justice system, and the release of Dark Brotherhood.) But, I can't pin it down more than that.
  • Rianov
    Rianov
    Soul Shriven
    i have had this happen so far on 2 chars i made on the pts both vampires im not sure what exactly triggers it but im going to see if i can have it happen on mortal or wolf chars aswell
  • Vonkarolinas
    Vonkarolinas
    ✭✭✭
    Stated during the stream that you could have a single character with a build as a Vampire and a second build as a Werewolf. Works while in your house. Leave the house, can no longer switch between the two. May be related to the other known bug with not being able to switch with 2 or more builds.
  • pandazooka
    pandazooka
    ✭✭
    You've stated that we can't swap Armoury builds in trials, but I was able to talk to the assistant and swap between builds in HRC after each of the following:
    • Going through the door, which starts the trial.
    • At the bridge.
    • After spawning the first set of adds, but not killing them.
    • After engaging the first set of adds, but not killing them.
    • After clearing the first set of adds.
    • After reviving myself after I died engaging the mass of adds at the gate.

Is swapping builds only disabled after the first boss pull? Or is it supposed to be disabled the moment the trial starts?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pandazooka wrote: »
    You've stated that we can't swap Armoury builds in trials, but I was able to talk to the assistant and swap between builds in HRC after each of the following:
    • At the bridge.

Is swapping builds only disabled after the first boss pull? Or is it supposed to be disabled the moment the trial starts?

I think its supposed to not work only in timed and leaderboard runs, so vet trials and arenas etc
    Soupy twist
  • pandazooka
    pandazooka
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    • At the bridge.

I think its supposed to not work only in timed and leaderboard runs, so vet trials and arenas etc

Ah, that makes sense. I'll try it again after maintenance.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using the Armory assistant while in the 1st person view shows the player as a pair of floating arms.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • pandazooka
    pandazooka
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    • At the bridge.

Ah, that makes sense. I'll try it again after maintenance.

Tried it again on vHRC as well as vet Vateshran. Both times started the trial and engaged and killed the starting set of adds. I'm still able to interact with the assistant and load/save builds.