The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 32 - Feedback Thread for Combat & Classes

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for any combat or class change. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance and changes.
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 21, 2021 2:45PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change to Mistform has left it completely unusable in even the most basic of PvE. Using it to escape from guards is more difficult since the attacks are hitting at full damage, and all it's doing is giving you stun and immobilization immunity at a high cost. Base Mistform and Blood Mist don't give any movement speed boosting making the abilities pretty poor at their intended purpose of disengaging from combat, and Elusive Mist's speed is slower than the base sprint speed. I'm finding it easier to throw on a heal over time and sprint away from my enemies since it's faster, and the CP passive that boosts sprint speed you can acquire early on makes running away far more reliable for escaping from an opponent than using Mist.

Edit: Also trying to use Mistform to disengage can lead to a higher bounty making it even more problematic for little, if any, gain.
    Edited by Vevvev on September 22, 2021 6:09PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please hybridize more skills that simply push a stamina/magicka divide without offering any unique differences.

For example, skills like the Warden's Lotus Flower simply split into two different morphs where one gives Major Savagery and the other gives Major Prophecy. Please combine these into one skill (like you are doing in this patch with DK's Cauterize), which opens up room for another morph that offers a unique effect, instead of asking players to simply choose between a stamina/magicka binary morph that does the same thing.
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight changes Discussion:

Good Ones
    Up front the changes to Combustion and Battle Roar are really great, losing the resources for any ultpoint above the cost of your ultimate was very punishing especially in PvP where you don't want to use your ult on Cooldown all the time.

Gaining major savagery on Cauterize was only logical and long overdue, however this morph still needs a little more love in terms of viability.

Seething fury stacks having a duration of 10 seconds is also nice but won't be making a huge difference as you're very likely to use Molten at least once during the duration.

The Ashcloud changes are also a great thing as they could potentially make the ability finally useable in PvP which it wasn't due to its stationary nature coupled with a very high cost.
    Now let's talk about some of the other ones.

Improvable Changes
    World in Ruins: this passive is especially scary when it comes to the damage output of magdks in Duels where they are already on the top of the classes. The loss of the 25% cost reduction on poison abilities also means noxious breath receives a painful cost increase which had previously set it apart from many other AoE abilities.
    Of all the passives that have received a change this patch and that DKs have access to, this was one of the ones that didn't really need help or a change.

Powerlash changes are a double-edged sword (or whip) the removal of the cooldown and the bug fixes are very welcomed however losing the HoT portion of this ability is painful, previously this was the only heal over time with only small gaps between its heals which has allowed you to stay offensive a little longer or be free not having to use the next god for a dedicated healing ability like Coag or getting the embers heals. This further punishes Magdk in 1vX as they'll now have a harder timer going offensive for longer periods of time.

the elephant in the room
    Lava Whip and its morphs scaling with the highest offensive stats.

If this was still CP 1.0 this ability would have been doomed to fail on stamina chars, too much damage would have been lost due to CPs, lack of penetration...
    With CP 2.0 damage wise there shouldn't be as much of an issue, you don't have dedicated CPs you have to slot to buff flame damage, spell penetration...

But yet there's still an issue and it's sustain, opposed to Cauterize or FoO you will be using Whip more often than once every 15 seconds and with a more limited magicka pool and other skills draining it (fragmented shield, cauterize) this change still feels like it's punishing stamdk a little too hard to be able to use a spammable that has been asked for, for so many years.

I think there could be two different solutions for this problem:
    1. Go the full route of making one morph a stamwhip that costs stamina
    2. change one morph of molten weapons to cause your fully charged heavy attacks to restore magicka and stamina but only equal to 50% of the normal amount.

Other proposals
    When it was announced that changes would be happening to DKs there were many other things that came to mind that would benefit from a change here and there.
    Choking Talons would have been a great candidate for the same hybrid scaling that Cauterize and Lava Whip inherit now.

Protective Plate bringing something else to the table like 4 seconds snare immunity, a damage portion on activating it or something to make the skill more viable as Race against Time is generally preferred over it.

Inhale and morphs could also receive a little help further establishing a unique role of a delayed damage skill. It should nevercompete with shalks or blastbones in terms of damage but the skill is often the first one to be taken off your skill bars.

Molten Weapons and morphs: those abilities just feel outclassed by other sources of major brutality/sorcery, i proposed one change above but those skills don't really add much to DKs gameplay other than having a really nice visual effect but they're missing that certain umpf when using them.

Overall those changes are very pleasing but not 100% perfect yet.

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please hybridize more skills that simply push a stamina/magicka divide without offering any unique differences.

For example, skills like the Warden's Lotus Flower simply split into two different morphs where one gives Major Savagery and the other gives Major Prophecy. Please combine these into one skill (like you are doing in this patch with DK's Cauterize), which opens up room for another morph that offers a unique effect, instead of asking players to simply choose between a stamina/magicka binary morph that does the same thing.

agreed. Warden needs a thorough looking at in the next coming patches to fix significant and long-standing problems and do some overall re-balancing.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on September 21, 2021 4:29PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Br1ckst0n
    Br1ckst0n
    ✭✭✭
    • Buff reapers mark duration of major berserk to 8 seconds.
    • Buff/Change consuming darkness and morphs
    • Change funnel health morph
    • Completely rework berserker strike and morphs
    • Nerf carve morph
    • Change medium armor back to crit chance
    • Remove light/heavy armor damage reduction/increase again physical/magic damage (light armor already has low armor values)
    Also add undaunted ultimate maybe?
    Offtank of the year 2016
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally no one asked for Thunder Caller and many other burst procs being destroyed on top of the 1s cooldown that you added to ruin any and all builds that relied on burst procs to function.

There is nothing a nightblade with limited amount of burst can do with max stat sets next patch once the opponent CC breaks from the "burst" and starts spamming dodge rolls/cloaks/streaks.

The class entirely relied on having sets to supplement the burst damage, at the cost of self heals and pressure as the weapon damage/sustain of these builds was inevitably lower.

What the changes to the burst procs actually do is reduce the amount of build diversity in the game, and significantly benefit classes with delayed burst, which benefit a lot more from stacking weapon dmg/stam/crit dmg/penetration etc as their classes feature enough burst/DoT pressure from their abilities.

I don't know why I even care anymore to provide this feedback as there's better games coming out soon, but there it is. You can listen to experienced players with knowledge of the game, or you can choose to ignore them yet again - I think I already know what's going to happen.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider changing the display for the Critical Damage Bonus in the Advanced Stats portion of the character page. Have it include the 50% base so that when it shows 125% you'll realize you are at cap. The way it works now it can be confusing to some players especially if they do not hover over the tooltip to read that the displayed bonus does not include the base 50%.

For example; Critical Resistance displays the base stat of 1320 (20%)

Adding:

The additional Crit Damage Bonus from the Backstabber CP does not get reflected to the character sheet. The reason I bring this up though is that the 2974 bonus to penetration that Nightblades get from Master Assassin does stay on the character sheet even if they're facing the target. Neither bonus takes effect if you are facing the target, but it's frustrating that one is always on and one never appears.
    Edited by Sordidfairytale on September 21, 2021 5:36PM
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Does it reflect the crit damage from khajit or no
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    Literally no one asked for Thunder Caller and many other burst procs being destroyed on top of the 1s cooldown that you added to ruin any and all builds that relied on burst procs to function.

There is nothing a nightblade with limited amount of burst can do with max stat sets next patch once the opponent CC breaks from the "burst" and starts spamming dodge rolls/cloaks/streaks.

The class entirely relied on having sets to supplement the burst damage, at the cost of self heals and pressure as the weapon damage/sustain of these builds was inevitably lower.

What the changes to the burst procs actually do is reduce the amount of build diversity in the game, and significantly benefit classes with delayed burst, which benefit a lot more from stacking weapon dmg/stam/crit dmg/penetration etc as their classes feature enough burst/DoT pressure from their abilities.

I don't know why I even care anymore to provide this feedback as there's better games coming out soon, but there it is. You can listen to experienced players with knowledge of the game, or you can choose to ignore them yet again - I think I already know what's going to happen.

I asked for those sets to be nerfed, it is good to see less proc sets in the game, this patch has taught us everything about their issues once again
  • Valenor
    Valenor
    ✭✭✭
    Overall, changes made to DK are making it easier to sustain which is a great thing. Damage is going up which is always appreciated. These elements are, in my opinion, quite secondary to the enjoyment one can have playing a class as we can always build a bit more sustain / slotting extra dots etc.

However, my main pain point with DK for the past 2 years has been stone giant. God I have to say that it's the skill I hate the most for 3 reasons:

It is clunky. player aoe on initial cast, with cast time, not ranged. Then it moves to a projectile, with the cast time that it implies. It makes the rotational use of this skill uncoherent.

Tanks slot it while it's meant to be a DD skill. DDs are not slotting it because it doesnt hit hard enough and with the cast time, we'd rather use rapid strikes or uppercut.

If I had a suggestion it would be the following. Keep the 0.6s cast time on every cast of the skill to prevent tanks from slotting it. Increase its damage to be on par with uppercut and make it melee. Increase stagger duration to 10 seconds. Have the 2nd cast snare and third stun the enemy. Rework the animation to have the player character slam an earthen fist in the enemy's face.
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VarisVaris wrote: »
    Decimus wrote: »

I asked for those sets to be nerfed, it is good to see less proc sets in the game, this patch has taught us everything about their issues once again

Oh yeah, because everyone was running sets like Thunder Caller and Deadlands and Vate 2H last patch, not things like Hrothgar & Dark Convergence :)

Truth is, the burst proc set balance was fine besides bugged Hrothgar's Chill (fixed now on Live) - most classes didn't even run them as they didn't have to (stamdens, stamcros, stam sorcs, stamplars, stam DKs), which is why a set like Thunder Caller was a rare thing to see in high MMR BGs.

But as usual, ZOS can't keep things balanced in their game and have to mess things up with nonsensical changes.

Oh well, was fun to have nightblade be viable in a high skill environment for atleast one patch. It's not like any serious PvPer is going to stick around in this game after 7 days anyway.
    Edited by Decimus on September 21, 2021 6:06PM
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7q8Xiys.png

On the advanced stats screen can you please include the base 50% crit damage, as in the tooltip you say 125% is the cap, however, you hit the cap when the number says 75%. This is unintuitive for newer players.

I know the 50% is stated in the tooltip, but it should really be included by default.
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭
    Just make all dmg/heal skills, accept the tank type ones, scale with highest offensive stat. Or better yet just combine weapon/spell dmg into 1 stat.
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the goal was to avoid crit damage being what it was, now AY & Kilt appear to be the meta for mag with daggers...... With the changes to medium armor, we literally just handed mag the crit rate stam used to have. The only thing Stam mainly had going for them was their sets. Now, Mag, has everything stamina did. Our crit rate, our sets, our weapons, our crit damage that was raised recently has now become nearly wasted completely devoid. We were finally starting to see some light again to have it taken away so swiftly just hybridize us is extremely disheartening.
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully, my testing in a couple of hours brings better light, but everything I'm seeing at this time appears pretty dark.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flames of Oblivion, while it is good change that it creates now 3 fireballs (so 1vX in PvP, 1vX in PvE is better) I feel that it lacks in single target burst damage, it could have become a useful MID-RANGE spammable for DK, especially for those wishing to keep buff from molten whip instead of using it to cast more powerful whip at the cost of getting rid of the spell/weapon damage bonus we get from it. It would give more diversity and reason to keep Molten Whip.
    Casting 2 fireballs with same base dmg as the basic whip without choosing your preffered target or using it for more powerful whip but consuming buff would be nice to see.

Would love to see chance to apply burning/poison effect being increased by any DK passive just like Warden does for chilled status effect.

Leap ulti and chains still can be bugged in PvP my guess is it is probably tied to some height limitations of leap/pull skills to prevent taking enemies from walls/jumping to them, worth checking it out.

Stam DK has enough need for magicka abilities, making whip scale with max offensive stat but still being magicka cost triggered more ppl than you imagined, hopefully it was not intended... Dynamic cost depending on highest offensive stat pls?

Disappointed by no changes to Draconic Power skills:

Green Dragon should scale with max Health to make it usable.

Reflective Scales should truly reflect damage not passing half through, other classes have way better ranged protection tools but I don't see anyone screaming nerf it down...

Breath skills should be reworked completely because they will still be there but not used by 90-99% community, morphs should be either mag or stam and deal purely either flame or poison damage, the delay before burst damage should be max 1 sec to make it better burst skill.

Health Recovery is seriously not needed as passive it is a remnant from long forgotten age of ESO, something else would be more welcomed like giving max health either flat or % if you want to keep this tree as a tanky type.

Coagulating Blood Major Fortitude buff is laughable remnant from the past, Major Intellect to give that much needed magicka recovery to help us sustain would be perfect choice instead. But ok it could be 2 much so minor one would be also fine, sorc has it, warden has it, templar has it, we want it 2.

The most clunky thing the stam morphs of the Stonefist and Stone Giant just need to be spammable without that clunky AoE mechanic, whoever thought: "it will be fun mechanic" clearly had bad day that time.

No changes to Igneous Weapons/Molten Armaments and every other player knows and you know it 2 that there are better ways and easier ways instead of wasting skill slot for them, unless you make heavy attack build but thats rare. Adding for example Bastian kind of buff to 1 morph to up light attack damage would make DK buff more valuable and unique to group play.

Obsidian shield and morphs still none of them scales with max Mag, I lost count how many times it was desired and asked for. This could give yet another unique thing to Dk Healers, they could cover group with shield bubbles without Ulti use.

Ash Cloud, Eruption and Cinder Storm: At first I was against these changes, when I tried them in PTS I am all with them till I had them casted on ground and my magicka drained to 0 3 seconds after casting the skill (popped potion/ulti right after), the skill effect from ground disappeared. So this means that now we have to watch especially careful when using any of these skills for:
    1. when we get close to 0 magicka we need to immediatly use potion/heavy attack/ulti even though it is not part of our rotation because the skil leffect will disappear prematurely.
    2. we need to calculate/track when 10 seconds passed so that we do not miss burst from Eruption
    3. watch out between fight in dungeons/PvP when using any of these skills to not run out of magicka when it is still active somehwere we previously thought
    4. it is much more punishing to our DPS/HPS if we get drained from magicka poison/dungeon mechanic because previously casted skill will not keep it's effect.

I would preffer keeping it flat cost honestly. Healing morph should have bigger range and some kind of buff/synergy

• oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    DK

Make one of the inhale morphs stam/poison damage with stam cost

Look at the protective scale morphs to make them slightly more viable.

Also look at how StamDK could be able to sustain the new whip. Currently the mag recovery most be huge to afford armor buff, fossilize/frag shields for major mending/minor brut, cauterize/FoO, possibly mag snare removal and this spammable

Make corrosive do full pen for both DoT and direct dmg

Otherwise wonderful changes
    Edited by oscarovegren on September 21, 2021 10:05PM
  • Juleris
    Juleris
    ✭✭
    The changes to whip and Ardent Flame passives are great, however, Draconic Power passives are still absolute garbage, Stonefist hasn't been touched at all even though the community has been complaining about it since its rework a couple years ago, Spiked Armor is still a bad ability and Protective Scale should be reverted to its old version where it would absorb or reflect projectiles depending on what morph you chose. If Wardens have that ability, Dragonknights should too. Additionally, Lava Whip still costs Magicka to use even though it scales off of your highest offensive stats, which means stam DKs will run into sustain issues if they use whip as a spammable.

Here are my propositions for additional changes:

- Make Lava Whip cost Magicka or Stamina depending on which resource is higher.
    - Iron Skin should provide 10% block cost reduction in addition to 10% block mitigation, similar to how slotting Defensive Stance works
    - Burning Heart should provide 10% increased damage to Draconic Power abilities in addition to 12% healing received for having a Draconic Power ability active
    - Elder Dragon should provide 2% Max Health for every Draconic Power ability slotted instead of Health Recovery
    - Scaled Armor needs to be reworked to provide percent damage reduction instead of armor. I propose 6% damage reduction.
    - Stonefist needs to be reworked to be the standard Dragonknight heal ability, similar to Breath of Life for Templars and cost Magicka. The Obsidian Shard morph can provide the benefit of additional targets hit with the burst heal. Stone Giant should be reworked to function similar to the base morph in that it heals an ally and costs Magicka, but it should maintain the Stagger debuff. Stagger should be reworked entirely to debuff an enemy with 5% increased damage taken as a unique debuff and not require a stacking mechanic. Stagger can be nerfed to only last 4 or 5 seconds in exchange for its easier application, however.
    - Spiked Armor's damage needs to proc on direct damage, rather than direct melee damage. Additionally, the damage reflect and the damage from Volatile Armor should scale off of your Physical and Spell Resistance, since it is a defensive tank ability. Hardened Armor's damage shield needs to be buffed.
    - Protective Scale and Protective Plate should be reverted to absorb up to 3 projectiles. Dragon Fire Scale should retain its current functionality, albeit with increased damage to reinforce it being the aggressive morph.
    - Obsidian Shield and its morphs should scale off of either Max Health or Max Magicka, whichever results in a stronger shield. This would allow Dragonknight Healers to better utilize the ability, instead of exclusively using it for its Major Mending.
    - Ash Storm and Cinder Storm should provide a synergy to the person standing inside called Smoulder. Synergizing with Smoulder causes you to receive a burst heal and deal 5% more damage for 10 seconds. The Eruption morph provides a synergy called Incinerate, which deals burst Flame damage in the area and heals the synergy activator for the damage caused, similar to how Boneyard works on Necromancer. Also, Cinder Storm and Eruption should have swapped visuals, as Cinder Storm uses a spewy lava animation that looks like it would deal damage, whereas Eruption uses a smoky ash storm effect that looks like it would heal.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ash Cloud change is kinda intriguing, but ti still doesn't really fix the main issue, mainly that Cinder Storm morph is inferior to Illustrious Healing. And that's mainly because of the better area coverage, not the efficency.

But tbh CS is not the only skill with that problem, most of the 'healer'/support skills suffer from the problem of being inferior versions of generic, non-class skills. Like Magma Armor - Barrier or Obsidian Shield - Bone Shield. And while not directly comparable, Cauterize is overshadowed by Regeneration.

Not touching any Draconic Power skills and only one Earthen Heart is pretty disappointing.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ash Cloud change is kinda intriguing, but ti still doesn't really fix the main issue, mainly that Cinder Storm morph is inferior to Illustrious Healing. And that's mainly because of the better area coverage, not the efficency.

But tbh CS is not the only skill with that problem, most of the 'healer'/support skills suffer from the problem of being inferior versions of generic, non-class skills. Like Magma Armor - Barrier or Obsidian Shield - Bone Shield. And while not directly comparable, Cauterize is overshadowed by Regeneration.

Not touching any Draconic Power skills and only one Earthen Heart is pretty disappointing.

Not only to mention allies will leave Cinder Storm thinking it'll kill them. Doesn't look very inviting.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    world of ruins lost of 25% poison cost reduction is hard on stamdk bow builds... you almost forced to go with the charged traits for more combustion recovery, and adding whip (going in melee to use that magicka skills) and use crown poisons :( please reconsider / re-evaluate. so far all the changes are good for magdk
    ty

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    world of ruins lost of 25% poison cost reduction is hard on stamdk bow builds... you almost forced to go with the charged traits for more combustion recovery, and adding whip (going in melee to use that magicka skills) and use crown poisons :( please reconsider / re-evaluate. so far all the changes are good for magdk
    ty

Welcome to life as a magDK.

But seriously, you should try Charged - especially now that it's been buffed. If you're doing some sort of all-Poison roleplay build (and you must be given how much you are focusing on the Poison skill cost reduction) then your uptime on the Poisoned status effect will skyrocket, providing needed sustain as well as additional damage to you.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Critical Damage cap disparately impacts half the playable classes (Nightblade, Templar, and Warden) as well as Khajiit, not the mention all stamina classes since you gave Medium Armor increased Critical Damage last patch.

This is not going to encourage anyone to build creatively -- it's going to keep them building the same and just having classes and races that get hurt eat the cost. Do you really think that Dragonknight tanks are going to stop using Aggressive Horn, harming their sustain? You gave Necromancer tanks Saxhleel Champion with Blackwood, allowing them to give the group Major Force and Major Vulnerability with one Ultimate! And it hurts frost mage supports after you gave us "on-demand Brittle" last patch (Harpooner's Wading Kilt gives the same Critical Damage and greater Critical Chance to boot, so goodbye Brittle unless Kilt can't maintain stacks) and Elemental Catalyst wearers (after you indicated last patch that you wanted to see more DPS wearing support sets -- which is exactly what Elemental Catalyst Necromancers were doing).

Frankly, introducing so many ways to increase a group's Critical Damage and then introducing (fairly low) cap makes your development team look incompetent -- as though they had no idea what they were doing when they introduced Elemental Catalyst, Minor Brittle, Backstabber, and Fighting Finesse.

Please consider either raising the cap or lowered sources of Critical Damage in lieu of a cap. I would think a cap of 150% would still be a reduction in damage while not totally invalidating many sources of Critical Damage. Alternatively, reducing Critical Damage across the board would also work -- so long as you promise to actually think over introducing powerful new sources of Critical Damage to the game.
  • Rust_in_Peace
    Rust_in_Peace
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the work going towards hybrid sets, stats and bonuses, Please consider changing some of the racials with it.

Some races; like high elf and dark elf, double dip heavily and are the best races for any spec in the current meta, whereas others; like orc, breton and wood elf, pale in comparison.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is not going to encourage anyone to build creatively -- it's going to keep them building the same and just having classes and races that get hurt eat the cost. Do you really think that Dragonknight tanks are going to stop using Aggressive Horn, harming their sustain?.

If major force becomes less useful in your group comp then yes, you would substitute one warhorn on a support <Tank/Heal whichever>. You can slot other ultimates <Barrier is especially good for prog teams>. You don't need X4 warhorn to keep the resource buff up. Especially if you have any form of ultimate gen.

If anything it hurts Saxheels more than the warhorn ultimate or the DK class. I am unsure why the people running in circles about warhorn and kilt haven't mentioned Saxheels as its probably the only set that is really killed off if major force isn't as useful.

Kilt will become an optional slot. If you need to fill the crit dmg you would slot it. Which makes sense. Mythics that are 100% just better are boring.

150% is too high, its basically not changing anything. 125 is fine.
    Edited by karekiz on September 22, 2021 3:23AM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is just related to the above comment about War Horn being used primarily for max resources now - Jorvuld's will increase the duration of the 10% resource increase by 40%. Which will increase its duration from 30 to 42 seconds.

Just a little bit of tech that not everyone might know about.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just related to the above comment about War Horn being used primarily for max resources now - Jorvuld's will increase the duration of the 10% resource increase by 40%. Which will increase its duration from 30 to 42 seconds.

Jorvuld's only increases the duration of Named Major and Minor Buffs as well as Damage shields, so until they name the buff that increases the stats from War Horn Jorvuld's will only increase the Major Force Duration of War Horn. I stand corrected.
    Edited by Sordidfairytale on September 22, 2021 4:39AM
    The Vegemite Knight

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Jorvuld's only increases the duration of Named Major and Minor Buffs as well as Damage shields, so until they name the buff that increases the stats from War Horn Jorvuld's will only increase the Major Force Duration of War Horn.

No, I'm saying that it does in fact increase the duration. Like, I use it right now. It is a hidden feature that it works this way.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That being said, ZoS could consider making a trial set that Did increase the duration of ultimates affecting 4 or more players at a time.
    The Vegemite Knight

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jorvuld's only increases the duration of Named Major and Minor Buffs as well as Damage shields, so until they name the buff that increases the stats from War Horn Jorvuld's will only increase the Major Force Duration of War Horn.

No, I'm saying that it does in fact increase the duration. Like, I use it right now. It is a hidden feature that it works this way.

Well, that's a neat feature.
    The Vegemite Knight