Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crit Damage Cap & Khajiit change idea.

Styxius
Styxius
✭✭✭✭
With Khajiit being the crit damage race at 12% bonus crit damage, if this is, unfortunately, going to cause especially its stamina variant to exceed the crit damage cap on builds specializing in crit. Could we potentially get something akin to the original 3rd passive? Based on how Medium armor was treated, in total it gave about ~7% crit rate, which was changed for 14% crit damage. In the same regard could we get Khajiit to have a 6-8% crit rate bonus again? I would ask 8 which was the last before the major changes in Wrathstone, but something I'd like to think as a Khajiit loving Necromancer I would be saddened to see a near forced race change to still be competitive with a cap being added.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be fine with a crit chance over crit damage next patch. Though even then, if no changes are made, I'll stick Khajiit. I'll probs drop the Fighting Finesse cp star or minor force for a spell damage star or another damage skill.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give Khajiit Minor Force permanently >:)
    Edited by karekiz on September 20, 2021 2:06PM
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    Give Khajiit Minor Force permanently >:)

They already have it. Bah, even more cause instead of 10 they have 12% ;p
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on where the cap ends up not HAVING to slot trap on every build could open things up quite a bit. I think Khajiits are going to be even better off than they are now.
  • Bhaygon
    Bhaygon
    ✭✭
    Make the khajiit passive also increase the crit damage cap
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will probably make Major Force 10% buff and Minor Force 5% buff like they did in the past with major protection and other buffs.

This seems very likely to happen.
  • CooksWithoutARecipe
    Depending on where the cap ends up not HAVING to slot trap on every build could open things up quite a bit. I think Khajiits are going to be even better off than they are now.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    They will probably make Major Force 10% buff and Minor Force 5% buff like they did in the past with major protection and other buffs.

Please yes and nooo. I would be so happy to NOT use barbed trap anymore. It is so awkward.

• Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just race changed one of my nightblades to crit kitty and I'll be very disappointed if they decide to make the crit cap so low that I would have been better off keeping my old race. Tired of them making such large changes.
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    I just race changed one of my nightblades to crit kitty and I'll be very disappointed if they decide to make the crit cap so low that I would have been better off keeping my old race. Tired of them making such large changes.

Hate to break it to you but they put it at 125%
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Styxius wrote: »

Oh? I haven't seen the specifics. 125% isn't that bad. I had a build that hit around 145 but I can change around some CPs and gear sets.

My next question would be, can you build higher than 125 in order to counter players crit resist? Kind if like building higher than 33k armor to counter penetration...
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh? I haven't seen the specifics. 125% isn't that bad. I had a build that hit around 145 but I can change around some CPs and gear sets.

My next question would be, can you build higher than 125 in order to counter players crit resist? Kind if like building higher than 33k armor to counter penetration...

I have no idea, in PvE this is massive, stamblade alone could get 185-190, and most stamina now have to drop backstabber, EC, fighting finesse and drop axes not exceed crit cap. This was a huge nerf.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see why they need a crit cap in pve. Just apply it to pvp...

Also I had no idea anyone used axes!
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The change is being made specifically FOR PvE.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The change is being made specifically FOR PvE.

Oh. Well now I'm really confused, there are plenty of issues in this game that need fixing.. instead of implementing a pointless change to fix a non-existent problem. Why don't they just bring back soft caps for all stats while they're at it?
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a truly sad day, as people call that the cat is no longer viable entirely now. Which isn't wrong now that its core damage passive is capped.....
  • Celedayn
    Celedayn
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit is still good, maybe not as a Nightblade though. I just did calculations for my sorcerer, and he's hitting 117% with Major Force - as a non-Khajiit (Altmer/High Elf). That's with Fighting Finesse, Medusa's, Backstabber, Harpooner's Kilt; so as crit-heavy as possible. This means that even during Major Force uptime, if a Khajiit weren't to change anything at all, they'd overcap at 129%. Only 4%, for a limited amount of time. So basically, in most content, Khajiit don't have to change anything. At worst they can switch out Backstabber or Finesse for something else, which will be a very small impact since - for example - Biting Aura isn't much weaker than Backstabber; they're comparable.

Again, mind you, this is all with the absolute most optimized crit gear, at least in terms of what we use in the meta. I won't have to change anything, and Khajiit won't either unless they're worried about overcapping by 4% during Warhorn. WITH 10 stacks of Kilt.

Now, as a Nightblade, it's a different story. I would not suggest playing a Khajiit Nightblade. I believe NB gives 20% Crit Damage in some ways or another, which could put you at 149% during Major Force, and 129% regularly. The only way to mitigate this would be to remove Fighting Finesse AND Backstabber (putting you at a nice 124% during Warhorn) but I don't think that's very optimal.

Tbh, I actually like this change generally; I think it balances the races to a degree where Khajiit will be roughly even with Altmer/Dunmer, and also dethrones Nightblade a bit, which is good. Was very tired of seeing 7 Nightblade DPSes in my Veteran Trial groups, me being the only Sorcerer/non-NB...

EDIT: Forgot to mention; for Stam characters, Khajiit should roughly be the same, just don't have Minor Force on your bar - you don't run Medusa's so this'll even out to the same number.
    Edited by Celedayn on September 21, 2021 7:37AM
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I think they mentioned that you can still cummulate more than 125, but your crit dmg would never exceed 125, so yeah, you can do it.

Also with Malacath ;p
    Edited by Ippokrates on September 21, 2021 7:47AM
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how they nerfed NBs away but didn't touch Khajiits
  • Celedayn
    Celedayn
    ✭✭✭
    Ezorus wrote: »
    Funny how they nerfed NBs away but didn't touch Khajiits

Well, I mean, basically every Trial group was filled to the brim with Magblades... so it's probably a good thing. Khajiit slightly got nerfed, because they have to reduce their optimization a little bit. Overall they'll be about on par with Altmer now, maybe slightly weaker.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No race should get crit rate when the game developers continue to nerf crit for everyone else every patch. That wouldn't be balanced in the slightest.

Your build got nerfed, time to change it like everyone else does if you don't like the changes.

Why ask for an overbuff and pretend it's not?
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I am now wondering why nobody never complains about Nords, because they can so easily go above resist cap... ;)
    Edited by Ippokrates on September 24, 2021 6:22AM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    TBH I am now wondering why nobody never complains about Nords, because they can so easily go above resist cap... ;)

Because maximizing dps is extremely different than maximizing defense. 😉😉😉😉