The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

After royally screwing up PVP with Dark Convergence and Hrothgar...

DrSlaughtr
DrSlaughtr
✭✭✭✭✭
They're now going to allow proc sets to crit again in Update 32, a feature no one asked for. They claim this is to make proc sets "viable in PVE." They already are. The weird thing is right before this statement, they said they are concerned with power creep in PVE. So you are mad about the PVE power creep but you want to allow cheese proc bs sets to crit, which will then be used in PVP to further upend the entire landscape of PVP. We're not dealing with an overwhelming use of Dark Convergence and Hrothgar that were supposed to be zerg killers but instead of empowered zergs and ball groups to basically wipe any opposition off the map and hold keeps indefinitely. If you dare use other builds, you suffer the consequences and struggle to counter people who go for the easiest way to grief the other alliance into logging off. WTG! Mission accomplished!

So yeah, let's now let proc sets crit, Great idea, team.

"But they said they're going to cap crit damage to counter it!"

Okay so now you're going to punish non-proc set players and further push them into using DC, Caluurion's, etc, because it will be the only way to keep up with the damage.

-golf clap- Bravo.
Edited by DrSlaughtr on September 17, 2021 8:14PM
I drink and I stream things.
Twitch: DrSlaughtr
YouTube: DrSlaughtr
Facebook: DrSlaughtr
Twitter: DrSlaughtr
TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're now going to allow**

My edit button disappeared.

N/m it magically reappeared. ffs.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on September 17, 2021 8:14PM
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The direction is continually feels counter productive.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad I took a break from the game.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only sets that scale with max stats and damage stats will crit which.... wait.... oh that's all the problem sets, isn't it? R.I.P.

Everyone ready for the Mechanical Acuity + Dark Convergence bombers?
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so happy NW launches soon so there's a place that isn't absolutely broken to PvP
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyi don't mention other games. It's against TOS.
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the brainstorming sessions that come up with these sets. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 18, 2021 5:42PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as acuity nerf coming along with it, I'm absolutely fine with this.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

It isn't but what would that matter? Without Aquity you can still build your crit well over 50% with ease on any class.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to dust off the gold Vicious Death set and gold out some Dark Convergence.

16vbeWa.gif
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

16vbeWa.gif

pssst, use revealing flare, it ignores the y axis so you can put it on walls.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

16vbeWa.gif

pssst, use revealing flare, it ignores the y axis so you can put it on walls.

Yes, I know about Flare, Caltrops, etc. You can also proc it with siege, if you stack the right sets.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't but what would that matter? Without Aquity you can still build your crit well over 50% with ease on any class.

On proc sets? You should try it yourself.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when are we getting a cap on outgoing proc damage against players?
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Proc sets? Well yes, if all you're wanting to do is running DC and Hrothgar, then yes your crit % will not even great, even with light armor. But if you run a proc set with a crit % set, which is prolly what people will do, you're going to be able to hit 50%+ crit chance. Especially if you are ranged and run kilt or you go thief over shadow. It's going to be nasty and completely stupid. They have ZERO care about what this will do to Cyrodiil.

"But they can cap crit damage at 25%!" (or whatever it ends up being)

So you just punished everyone else who doesn't want to run a cheese ball proc set to people can run cheese ball proc sets that crit. Yeah, that makes sense. Especially how they JUST CHANGED MEDIUM ARMOR TO CRIT DAMAGE RATHER THAN CRIT CHANCE.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Proc sets? Well yes, if all you're wanting to do is running DC and Hrothgar, then yes your crit % will not even great, even with light armor. But if you run a proc set with a crit % set, which is prolly what people will do, you're going to be able to hit 50%+ crit chance. Especially if you are ranged and run kilt or you go thief over shadow. It's going to be nasty and completely stupid. They have ZERO care about what this will do to Cyrodiil.

"But they can cap crit damage at 25%!" (or whatever it ends up being)

So you just punished everyone else who doesn't want to run a cheese ball proc set to people can run cheese ball proc sets that crit. Yeah, that makes sense. Especially how they JUST CHANGED MEDIUM ARMOR TO CRIT DAMAGE RATHER THAN CRIT CHANCE.

If a player slotted a legit crit set, he gets crits, but that's like full damage set without proc. That's absolutely fair.
    Nobody will run kilt because you will never get more than several stacks, this is absolute waste in PvP.
    Take thief and not shadow? Good, because all players have 20% critresist without any impen, damage from crits will suffer greatly.

Crit damage cap doesn't make sense, but I hardly see it as PvP problem. If anything, this will indirectly nerf acuity, which makes it more fair.
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't we have this conversation with proc sets scaling from raw stats? 'Oh you want a strong proc? Well you'll have to invest in lots of raw stats to do so'. Except we don't. We throw on two proc sets and heavy attack away. Works even better in groups where a couple people can dedicate themselves to running those sets and skills that increase our stats for us.

If people are complaining about hrothgar's now, a set that doesn't even require us to invest in raw stats, imagine how it will be when we can get a guaranteed 50% more damage from it. Or perhaps more. Maybe 100%? Like, who wouldn't want to be a nightblade coming out of cloak with a sure-fire 100% crit chance stun that procs hrothgar's and increases it's damage tooltip by at least 60%?!
    Edited by Sluggy on September 19, 2021 3:26PM
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for zos to follow the trend of power creep. You think hrothgar's and dc are bad? Just wait until monday's pts notes.
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭

16vbeWa.gif

Lmao. Even without the crits, pew-pew-ing this from the roof with prior theoric during zerg hours is thoroughly unhinged in its effectiveness as a playstyle. KDR of 500:0 is infinity 0_0
    Edited by spacefracking on September 20, 2021 9:25AM