Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Placeable entrances to other houses?

BloodyStigmata
BloodyStigmata
✭✭✭✭✭
So how exactly is one supposed to get to a person's other houses without the use of addons, other than teleporting directly to them while they are there?

It's cool that we can teleport to someone's main residence at any time, but what if I want to open up multiple houses to people in an easily accessible way, even when I'm offline?

I think something that would be neat, if for some reason setting multiple primary residences isn't doable in the future, is placing down portals or doorways to other homes and being able to link them together that way.

Does anyone else think that would be neat? I mean, I would prefer just an in-game home browser instead to view homes open to the public, but I'd settle for this.
Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to see them replace "primary residence" with a drop down menu listing all the player's available homes. The player could have control over which of their homes are listed in case there are some they would rather not have visitors.
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your idea has been suggested numerous times, especially by us console players who cannot use add-ons. I would love to be able to select other houses that players could visit as well. I have about four of them that I have not quite fully decorated but are nice enough to show off at this point.

As you mentioned, there is a PC add-on that is quite popular that does allow players to visit more than just a primary house. I don’t know if that is the reason why this has not been implemented in the base game yet or not.

As far as I know, there has been no official response to these requests to be able to put more than one house on the list yet.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The lack of this was the deciding factor in me not buying the Chapel.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I would just like to see them replace "primary residence" with a drop down menu listing all the player's available homes. The player could have control over which of their homes are listed in case there are some they would rather not have visitors.

Totally agree, and i DO use addons and still would love this feature.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen this done well where we pull up a UI that shows all the homes we have "keys" to. So it becomes irrelevant what the player's primary residence is. Since access is granted per home and not by the primary residence I am surprised we have such a simplistic means for visiting other player's homes.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I have seen this done well where we pull up a UI that shows all the homes we have "keys" to. So it becomes irrelevant what the player's primary residence is. Since access is granted per home and not by the primary residence I am surprised we have such a simplistic means for visiting other player's homes.

This really needs to happen. But I also like the OP's idea. I've long presented certain homes as all being part of the same estate as part of my roleplay. Or used an inn room as an additional room in a house. It would be so neat to be able to put a door against a wall somewhere and going through it takes you to another of your houses you have set the door to. A gate that can be placed in an outdoor area and leads to the outdoor area of another of your houses would be great too.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would much rather have a dropdown menu than something I would have to place, because it would mess up my decorating. I don't even have chests in most of my houses now for that reason.
    PCNA
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the snowglobe house was announced I thought for a while that it would be a furnishing you could place in another house, was so disappointed when it was still a fixed location!
    PS4 EU
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This needs to happen so much for console players. We are being abandoned by ZOS on this issue. They keep selling large expensive homes but what does it matter if we are very very limited in showing off our hard work decorative it out.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    When the snowglobe house was announced I thought for a while that it would be a furnishing you could place in another house, was so disappointed when it was still a fixed location!

That would have been nice. I might have gotten it if that was a thing.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!