The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you happy about BG being Deathmatch only soon?

spartaxoxo
spartaxoxo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭

Are you happy about BG being Deathmatch only soon? 51 votes

Yes, and I hope it's permanent
15% 8 votes
Yes, but I hope the other modes are added back in some other way
15% 8 votes
No, and I hope they cancel this test
47% 24 votes
No, but I understand why. I hope the other modes are added soon in some other way
13% 7 votes
IDC/IDK
3% 2 votes
Other
3% 2 votes
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please limit discussion in this thread to why you chose a particular poll option or the results. If you want to discuss the change more generally, please use the existing thread. Thanks.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've said other - I don't personally play battlegrounds but I have friends who do, and they like to play non DM games
    Soupy twist
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think PVP in this game is balance properly for objective based gameplay.

Many games that have CTF, or domination type modes have mostly the same defensive options for players and the choice comes from their offensive weapons. Making offense the better form of defense and still allowing players to be killable.

Relic favors heavily tanky players since carrying the relic shuts down defensive measure from more mobile builds, and especially mag. Domination and Chaos also favors tankier players. Basically, if you are a tank in BGs you are going to succeed more in objective modes.

This issue is, you can already see solo tanks in Cyrodil face tank a zerg. Handling 8 other players in a BG is nothing to them.

Which is a problem. When 1 player can pick up the chaos ball and hold it the entire match and their health never drops below 50%. Or 1 player can indefinitely defend a flag, with no chance to actually kill them. BGs are not set up properly for non deathmatch.

And at least in deathmatch, the tankier players score almost no points and contribute less to the success of the team. It still helps to build for survival, but you can't stall a match or overpower one with it.
    Edited by jaws343 on September 15, 2021 4:30PM
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I like objective game modes, DMs are too chaotic and you hardly can find 1v1. And I don't think popularity of BGs will increase with these changes, since many of the issues is still going. They need to balance things, then BGs and PvP in general will be more popular.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friends like the objective modes more than DM. I like Crazy King the most tbh, then DM, then a toss up for the rest. But I also like to play DM no matter the mode at times. :wink: Especially my first match of the day.

So, I most likely will be queueing solo more often, which I talked about in my other post. I'll be fine, but ultimately, I like multiple game modes and would normally queue random anyway. Even in the old days.

I will say, the frequency at which I see DM though is quite quite low. It's like 50% capture the relic and domination, 40% crazy king and chaos ball, and 10% DM for me. At least that's what it seems like.

If they have to test, they have to test, I guess. I'm not happy about continually testing a game on it's live servers, but it is what it is.

They need to offer a PTS on console. After having been on both PC and console, I feel like more people PvP on console. (Or would, if performance wasn't constantly an issue.)
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Relic favors heavily tanky players since carrying the relic shuts down defensive measure from more mobile builds, and especially mag. Domination and Chaos also favors tankier players. Basically, if you are a tank in BGs you are going to succeed more in objective modes.

I saw what they can do but why care about success?

I just do all I can and it's fun fighting for something. In no FPS games I have seen people actually complain about their team losing like they do in ESO. Why care about the result or the reward...? There is zero reward in most CTF games and people just love playing.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all!

After a quick review, it would seem there is another thread in regards to this same topic, and is more active. Due to this, we have decided to close this one so we can have everybody on the same thread. The other thread mentioned can be found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.