Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has ESO spoiled us?

Rampeal
Rampeal
✭✭✭✭✭
I love ESO. I dare say I love it more than the other single player titles. That being said I think that it has spoiled us. I mean besides the story of ES6 when it comes out I really don't see the point of investing as much time in it as ESO.

I mean the ability to instant mount, and not only that, but mount a unique and visually stunning mount. The vast amount of armor sets and weapons. The Many unique zone. Not to mention the classes and each having a unique feel to them.

I could go on, but you get my point. It just seems for (myself anyways ) that there really is nothing to really look forward to in ES6. And that bums me out.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea looking how people have modded Skyrim and still do it. Even the graphical leap wont help .. because that's one of the things TES games are known for, that it will bring your PC on it's knees.

Any news what engine TES6 is using btw ?
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
    Options
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    Yea looking how people have modded Skyrim and still do it. Even the graphical leap wont help .. because that's one of the things TES games are known for, that it will bring your PC on it's knees.

I don't even think they have started on it yet. They are focused on getting starfield out. And with Skyrim 10th anniversary coming out we may not see ES6 for another 6 years
    Options
  • Nisekev
    Nisekev
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only if you're treating upcoming TES 6 as dollhouse/paper doll simulator. ESO is shallow and casual, full of style and lacking in substance. Plenty of cool and authentic features have been dumbed down, vulgarized and simplified since Morrowind. And now all this simplification is multiplied via MMO. TBH I don't even feel like ESO belongs to TES universe.
    Options
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nisekev wrote: »
    Only if you're treating upcoming TES 6 as dollhouse/paper doll simulator. ESO is shallow and casual, full of style and lacking in substance. Plenty of cool and authentic features have been dumbed down, vulgarized and simplified since Morrowind. And now all this simplification is multiplied via MMO. TBH I don't even feel like ESO belongs to TES universe.

While I respect your opinion I do disagree with it.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just don't compare, it's way different game to SP and have more reasons to continue playing after one playthrough.

Also I have not much faith left in Beth with all the Skyrim milktrain, just comparing it's thieves/db guilds to what we have here gives me more faith in ESO lol. Plus having actual combat system is nice, we didn't had one since Morrowind so it's refreshing.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a PC-EU player the only thing I've been spoiled with is ... maintenance :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The single players play completely differently so I am not sure why you even bother to compare them.

Immersion will be the main reason for me to play ES6. The "visually stunning mounts" for me are a downside of ESO and not a plus. Especially knowing that many of them cost more to get than ES6 will cost...
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Talk to me when you can levitate over Balmora.
    Options
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rampeal wrote: »
    I love ESO. I dare say I love it more than the other single player titles. That being said I think that it has spoiled us. I mean besides the story of ES6 when it comes out I really don't see the point of investing as much time in it as ESO.

I mean the ability to instant mount, and not only that, but mount a unique and visually stunning mount. The vast amount of armor sets and weapons. The Many unique zone. Not to mention the classes and each having a unique feel to them.

I could go on, but you get my point. It just seems for (myself anyways ) that there really is nothing to really look forward to in ES6. And that bums me out.

There is a big philosophy behind what you said. And yes you are right, the thing is that, we -> human beings, are social things that's why(no matter how many mounts are there or sets or smth else) online Elder Scrolls will always be better than offline.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arvak-stardew-valley-mod-580x334.jpg

Arvak would like to remind you that:

A. Not all Elder Scrolls mounts are boring
    B. Unless you pre-ordered something, you probably started out with a boring horse in ESO.

Finally, Belethor would like to remind you that:
    yi1l2rky3tg21.jpg

I really don't think that TES6 is going to have that problem for lots of players.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 14, 2021 11:14AM
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me, the fact that ESO has other players in it is a drawback. I play to spend time with my elf, not other people. ESO (because it is multiplayer) also insists on neverending attempts to balance the game which means any character you make is built upon a foundation of shifting sands.

That said, what wins the day for me with ESO is that it is massive (Skyrim and Oblivion are tiny in comparison).

While I can mod the heck out of the SP player games, it comes with a price of managing tempermental load orders and leaving you on your own when something goes wrong. I enjoy my ESO troubleshooting procedures (go have a cup of coffee while ZoS fixes the problem).

Oh, and for the first time in TES history, ESO makes staves good, effective weapons.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 14, 2021 11:27AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Talk to me when you can levitate over Balmora.
    LOL, better jump towards Vivec and overshoot. and yes that is the city I'm talking about.
    7x100 fortify jump for 2 seconds and slowfall for 60 seconds spell named "going ballistic"
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. I am kinda waiting for TES6 (I was waiting for a long time so I can wait 3 or 6 years longer) :D

Anyway, I do not intend to stop playing / quit ESO when TES6 will eventually came out.

I mean those are 2 different genres of games that share same universe / world / lore. Both have advantages & disadvantages. In Skyrim for example you did not have to grind gear or fight RNG to get what you want. Also there is no lag. You can also load the game if something goes wrong. But you don't have co-op or PvP or multiplayer experience at all.
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well as I am on a console that now won’t be getting TES6, I really don’t care.

But then prefer ESO to Skyrim (& much more than Oblivion, which was awful).

Skyrim was a good game for its time. But that was a long while ago now.
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will play anything TES related, I don't care :D
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh, no. More games is more games is more content. And different. And modding. I went back and played Skyrim (with another mod set) last year.

And I'm not sure why "insta-mount" has anything to do with wanting to play a TES game at all? Seriously?
    Maybe it's because I don't bother to use mounts in the single player games. But I've been using "mount in a pocket" in MMOs since vanilla WoW. It has no bearing on how I play non-MMO games.
    edit: and the "visually stunning" mounts just annoy me. I've ridden a plain black horse, on all my characters, since I got it in 2016. No interest in flaming, glowing, fungus-covered, etc

"Many unique zones" - eh, I have plenty of games for lots of variety. The single player TES games have a lot more detail in the particular area that they are in, so ESO having "more" doesn't really mean much.

"Classes and unique feel" - 'class' doesn't matter a whole lot to TES games, you can do whatever mix of skills you want. And it's very easy to make characters with different playstyles (not that ESO characters necessarily feel all that "unique" and different, with every one of them having the same weapon/world/DLC/guild/etc skill lines. It's just the handful of class skill lines that have a little variety.)

edit: honestly, ESO feels a bit limited compared to the TES games. But a good part of that is because it's an MMO, and therefore is tied to a lot of features of that genre. Which are different than SP games.

tl;dr - no, I just don't see it. Bring on Starfield, TES 6, and Fallout 5. /shrug
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on September 14, 2021 1:05PM
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »

While I respect your opinion I do disagree with it.

ESO provides quantity, the single player games provide quality.
    If you want a deep immersive experience, the single player games are better. If you want to have a bit of everything and get an overview of the world as a whole, then ESO is better (especially since ESO releases new meaningful content twice a year and dares where no game has gone before, while the single player games only come out every 15 years now).

You are both correct and there is no contradiction here. It's just a matter of personal preference.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »

I don't even think they have started on it yet. They are focused on getting starfield out. And with Skyrim 10th anniversary coming out we may not see ES6 for another 6 years

Oh they've been working on it, just not as a primary focus. A studio as big as Bethesda likely has multiple teams, and at least a few would be working on each project in the line, even if that work is largely planning and mapping it out and preliminary design work. The new version of the engine has also been in development for use in Starfield. Once Starfield is released, TES VI should be in the primary focus, as in more teams will migrate over to working on it.

Also, Skyrim 10th Anniversary is mainly a marketing repackage for the 10th year anniversary. Yes, there are new features such as fishing poles, but the main draw is the inclusion of 300-500 pieces of content via Creation Club in the price. (Also, fishing poles might be part of the free update for SSE, iirc, and not the AE upgrade). There's no reason to believe Skyrim AE pulled any focus from TES VI development.
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to more and increased lore and story, they are complementary games to me.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me, the fact that ESO has other players in it is a drawback. I play to spend time with my elf, not other people. ESO (because it is multiplayer) also insists on neverending attempts to balance the game which means any character you make is built upon a foundation of shifting sands.

That said, what wins the day for me with ESO is that it is massive (Skyrim and Oblivion are tiny in comparison).

While I can mod the heck out of the SP player games, it comes with a price of managing tempermental load orders and leaving you on your own when something goes wrong. I enjoy my ESO troubleshooting procedures (go have a cup of coffee while ZoS fixes the problem).

Oh, and for the first time in TES history, ESO makes staves good, effective weapons.

This. ESO - massive and NOT a static game. Sure you can mod the single player titles (well, the later ones), but even the mods don't make them "non-static".

However, should I live long enough to play TES VI, I'm sure I'll love it the way I love all the rest of the titles.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am looking forward to TES 6, in no small part due to the hope of a return to sensible mounts. I have never been a fan of ESO's magical special effects mounts, skins, and polymorphs. If TES 6 has these as part of the base game, hopefully, someone will mod them out. If they are part of the BGS store, easily ignored.

TES 6 will be a small and lonely game, compared to ESO, that is for sure. Today, Skyrim is only bearable to me due to the more advanced voice-acted companions that can be modded into the game. When TES 6 comes out, I will have to adjust.

I will say that it will be nice if TES 6 does not offer a restrictive class system based on Magicka, like ESO has. The main problem with the ESO classes is that they are all magic-based and have a similar feel to them. ZOS never did accomplish anything along the lines of real diversity with their class system.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is an MMO, it is not an RPG like Skyrim, whilst it does have a deeper story and lore than most MMOs the individual consequence based decisions are not there, but thats true of most MMOs (only SWTOR could really be described as a MMORPG).

If your looking for an RPG, ESO isnt it, as MMOs go it does a number of things well and a number of things poorly....

I really like the features, character customisation, no constant item level increase with each expansion, Solo and PVE Group content, stickerbook, appearance customisation for items, housing and the majority of the story.

I conversely really dislike gating gating PVE/RPG stuff behind PVP, Cosmetics behind Uber hard content, Some of the vampire changes, that if I play a Magicka character they have to wield a stick, and the way the PTS is treated like a free testing service where no feedback appears to be considered or replied too.

At the current time ESO is still the best MMO out there, come the Amazon release at end-September, and then again when the (might be a ponzi -scheme) new mmo game releases TBC, that may change. The question is will ZOS up eso's game to compete? If so they need to start paying a lot more attention to existing customer feedback rather than just chasing new users.
    Edited by Thannazzar on September 14, 2021 1:49PM
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, ESO has not spoiled me. If anything, ESO has disillusioned me.

If I load up my last game in Skyrim (about 2017), my character will not have been nerfed to the ground, the gear will be just as I left it, the build I made will have not been totally changed due to PvP complaints, and the developers will not entice me every 3 months to pay more real money just so I can store my gear, have those shiny mounts, hop on the hamster wheel for grinding an overpowered gear set, etc. The vast majority of the patch notes improved the game play experience, did not totally change the combat mechanics every 3 months, and I looked forward to getting them.
    Options
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I will say that it will be nice if TES 6 does not offer a restrictive class system based on Magicka, like ESO has. The main problem with the ESO classes is that they are all magic-based and have a similar feel to them. ZOS never did accomplish anything along the lines of real diversity with their class system.

It's because they decided to use classes in lieu of the schools of magic. Class skills were magic and weapon skills were stamina. Once they decided to give some class abilities a stamina-treatment they didn't do anything drastic except give the previously magical effects a stamina cost and a corresponding physical damage type. And then they leaned into that design further when designing the new classes. So if the stamina skills feel magic-based, its because they are (or ought to be).

In the main series titles, classes were comprised of universal skill lines and just provided boosts to those it had specialty in. If TES VI does implement a class system, it would look more like that, not restrictive at all. As a famous pirate once said, they'd be "more what you call 'guidelines' than actual rules". Wish ZOS had taken that approach in ESO, but ah well.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP has just summarized the reasons why we will still wait a while for TES6 : Skyrim was and still is a smash hit, ESO is a smash hit, Bethesda will not compromise any of those two cash cows with a new product. It will come eventually, I have no doubt about that, but not until Skyrim and ESO have somewhat dried out. Which may take a while, since their respective editors do a pretty good job at making them last.
    I am not saying this negatively in any way. Just a fact.
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first started to play ESO, I had the intention of simply getting a new source for my Elder Scrolls fix until Elder Scrolls 6. I was planning on dropping ESO like a bad habit the moment Elder Scrolls 6 came out. Now, I think ESO and the normal single player Elder Scrolls games occupy their own places. While my ESO time will likely lessen when Elder Scrolls 6 comes out, it will not go away entirely. Has it spoiled me? No, but it has changed my views a little.
    Options
  • Franchise408
    Franchise408
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I respectfully disagree. I certainly don't feel that ESO has spoiled us, and certainly not to the point of replacing the mainline titles or my anticipation of TES 6.

In my opinion, ESO doesn't even resemble a TES game. It's far closer to WoW or Diablo 3 in my eyes than it is to Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim. Outside of running around in Tamriel zones, using the standard TES races, I don't have any TES feel when I'm playing ESO.

That's not a knock. I've been around ESO for quite a long time and play it quite regularly. But it doesn't resemble anything TES for me.
    Options
  • Mumbles_the_Tank
    Mumbles_the_Tank
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    ESO provides quantity, the single player games provide quality.

Bethesda made their name on Swiss cheese hole riddled systems that they simply leave untouched forever and let the playerbase fix it themselves.

Funny definition of quality.
    Edited by Mumbles_the_Tank on September 14, 2021 3:33PM
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play games to have fun, to relax, to feel satisfied, and yes to be spoiled with fun things. And I pay for this service. What's wrong with that?
    Edited by SilverBride on September 14, 2021 6:18PM
    PCNA
    Options
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Divines know that I love Oblivion and Skyrim, but even when I mod out Skyrim I just can't get into it like I used to.

With ESO I can have the power fantasy while clearing a zone, engage with world bosses for a decent challenge, pop into a completely different zone when I get tired of an area, and best of all clear content with other players.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
    Options