Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Reach Skyshards 900 crowns?

BrentBlemish
BrentBlemish
✭✭✭✭
so uh... What's going on here? The Reach only has 6 skyshards... all other zones with 6 skyshards like Murkmike, Clockwork, Souther Elsweyr are all 300 crowns. for 6 shards. Cause the starter zones with only 3 shards are 150 crowns. 900 crowns are are reserved for zones like Nothern Elsweyr, Summerset, Western Skyrim ect cause they all have 18 skyshards...

Can you fix this please?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They may be testing to see if this will increase revenue. Increasing revenue is not always about increasing total units sold. If you can sell it for three times as much but only lose a 1/3 of the sales then this change would be a success.

I truly do not know the reason for the price difference but this would make sense.
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    They may be testing to see if this will increase revenue. Increasing revenue is not always about increasing total units sold. If you can sell it for three times as much but only lose a 1/3 of the sales then this change would be a success.

I truly do not know the reason for the price difference but this would make sense.

I hope this isnt true. Cause it's really sketchy and unfair to establish a clean cut price and then randomly up the price of a single one to 3x the price. while you can still turn around and buy summerset and stuff for 900 and get 3x the shards for the same price.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

I hope this isnt true. Cause it's really sketchy and unfair to establish a clean cut price and then randomly up the price of a single one to 3x the price. while you can still turn around and buy summerset and stuff for 900 and get 3x the shards for the same price.

There are probably plenty of people that roll up a new character, then hit the store and buy all their skyshards, skill lines, bank and bag space and anything else to boost their toon. It's possible this item is priced incorrectly. It's also possible that they priced it higher on purpose to see if people buying things in quick succession just click on this one anyway.

I think that ZOS in general are a bunch of really great folks, but when it comes to sales and marketing, they will do what it takes to get that sale. It's their job to do so. There is a reason that werewolf/vampire cures in the store are 800 crowns (400,000 gold equivalent, approx.) when the in game version of the exact same thing is less than 1000g. I personally would have a massive issue selling something like that, but that's just me.
  • Veeka
    Veeka
    ✭✭
    I see 7 skyshards